+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver, Surrey & Fraser Valley applicants

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
I am with Surrey office as well. Expect 2-3 months after passing the test.

I took my test June 12 and 5 weeks later no oath invitation yet.

Good luck.

T

when i was in GTA i saw ppl getting oath invites next day (in cases where the app has passed 12 months)... is ur app passed 12 months?? i am crossing 15 months .. just for the test...

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
when i was in GTA i saw ppl getting oath invites next day (in cases where the app has passed 12 months)... is ur app passed 12 months?? i am crossing 15 months .. just for the test...
See the spreadsheet. There's usually 1.5-3 months between oath and test dates.

Anyway, once you changed the office 12 months processing time doesn't apply to you anymore.

surreymeluk

Oct 1, 2018
Did my test yesterday - July 10th. Passed and received the oath invite today. My oath will be August 9th! Relatively quick!!

Hi Chiayu, may i ask, did it say on your invitation letter to bring 'Original documents 'IN YOUR POSSESSION' or 'Original documents you SUBMITTED WITH YOUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION'.... am curious, as i got my invite and it seems some letters state 'in your possession, and others state submitted with application? My Oath is in Vancouver. Thankyou.

Chiayu

Jun 6, 2019
Mine states ‘original documents in my possession’

Hi Chiayu, may i ask, did it say on your invitation letter to bring 'Original documents 'IN YOUR POSSESSION' or 'Original documents you SUBMITTED WITH YOUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION'.... am curious, as i got my invite and it seems some letters state 'in your possession, and others state submitted with application? My Oath is in Vancouver. Thankyou.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
hi there citizenship test takers... anyone can share their experience at Surrey office..?? or mandatory things to bring along like pencil..rubber..pens.. etc???

also i have my ON health card as BC services is still yet to receive.. my ON DL was submitted for BC Licence and still in the mail transit.. i have my PR card.. Passport...IELTS original document.. NEXUS Card... anything else should i bring... thank you in advance..

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
hi there citizenship test takers... anyone can share their experience at Surrey office..?? or mandatory things to bring along like pencil..rubber..pens.. etc???

also i have my ON health card as BC services is still yet to receive.. my ON DL was submitted for BC Licence and still in the mail transit.. i have my PR card.. Passport...IELTS original document.. NEXUS Card... anything else should i bring... thank you in advance..
I took my test in Vancouver but I doubt it differs much. No need to bring your own pencil, they'll give you one. Your ON health card should do, you definitely need your passport and PR card. You can bring your BC driving license as well - you should have this temporary license on yellow paper. Bring all the originals with you (no need to print out forms though). I took my original IELTS certificate (since they ask to bring all the original documents) but they haven't looked into it.

Test was way easier than practice tests that I used. I'd say you'll pass if you read the book twice and go through all the practice tests at least once.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
I took my test in Vancouver but I doubt it differs much. No need to bring your own pencil, they'll give you one. Your ON health card should do, you definitely need your passport and PR card. You can bring your BC driving license as well - you should have this temporary license on yellow paper. Bring all the originals with you (no need to print out forms though). I took my original IELTS certificate (since they ask to bring all the original documents) but they haven't looked into it.

Test was way easier than practice tests that I used. I'd say you'll pass if you read the book twice and go through all the practice tests at least once.

perfect.. thanks

Reactions: Tirin

Tirin

May 26, 2015
perfect.. thanks
I took my test in Surrey, no need to bring pencils, rubbers, etc....

Bring your notice to appear, 2 pieces of personal IDs, PR cards, passports, Landing Papers and that's it.

You will be there for around 2 hours.

Test is easy if you study the book and online tests.

Do not talk to anyone once the test has started.

After the test, you will have an interview. Be careful and respond with clarity. This official is capable of denying your application based on your English knowledge will talking to this person.

After the interview, he will tell you if everything is in order and if your application is finally approved. They won't tell you when the ceremony will take place and them.

On my case, Test June 12, Ceremony invite july 24th and Ceremony Aug 12.

Good luck!!

RDS1

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018

Bring your notice to appear, 2 pieces of personal IDs, PR cards, passports, Landing Papers and that's it.

After the test, you will have an interview. Be careful and respond with clarity. This official is capable of denying your application based on your English knowledge will talking to this person.

After the interview, he will tell you if everything is in order and if your application is finally approved. They won't tell you when the ceremony will take place and them.

Good luck!!
one of my friend has test on 13th July and she was given oath invite for August 17th after the interview only

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019

Good luck!!

Thanks for this info. Any idea on what they will ask on the interview?