Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I'm a Vancouver applicant, will add my timeline to help as well.

Residence : Port Coquitlam
Single applicant
App received: July 9, 2018
AOR: September 4, 2018
In process: September 28, 2018
Test invite email: April 16, 2019
(Test date was May 15, 2019)
Decision made: May 16, 2019

Waiting for oath invitation, which I was told would take 2-3 months.

Test and interview were done in Vancouver, 877 Expo Blvd. I was there at 8 am and was out by 9:15. I was also among the first few to finish the test, so I was called for the interview right away.

As you can see from my timeline, I didn't hear from IRCC for 7 months, but don't worry. As long as you are under the 12 months processing timeline, all is good.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Test and interview were done in Vancouver, 877 Expo Blvd. I was there at 8 am and was out by 9:15. I was also among the first few to finish the test, so I was called for the interview right away.
So you were processed by Vancouver office? That's interesting. I'm in Coquitlam and my application is processed by Surrey office.

Reactions: Avadava

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
how to they decide which office to process the application is it dependent on the load? I heard fraser valley applications are processed by Surrey, BC.
I have no idea what their decision is based on. Personally, I'd prefer DT as test location - it's much easier to get there.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
I have no idea what their decision is based on. Personally, I'd prefer DT as test location - it's much easier to get there.
in you opinion following the Surrey applicants, do you think most of them are within 12 months period? I just applied for myself and my family application went into IP last week. I think Vancouver is faster than Surrey office.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
in you opinion following the Surrey applicants, do you think most of them are within 12 months period? I just applied for myself and my family application went into IP last week. I think Vancouver is faster than Surrey office.
No idea. My went into IP in March (I'm December applicant) and I haven't heard back from them yet.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Considering that many offices process fast do you think Surrey is slow or is it because of
  • the volume of applications or
  • perhaps lack of individuals from this office area represented in this forum whoes updates we are missing.
Perhaps it's the same as other offices just that we dont have everyone plugged in the action :)

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Considering that many offices process fast do you think Surrey is slow or is it because of
  • the volume of applications or
  • perhaps lack of individuals from this office area represented in this forum whoes updates we are missing.
Perhaps it's the same as other offices just that we dont have everyone plugged in the action :)
We're not missing updates - someone from Surrey in September thread got invite today. Vancouver is *at least* 2 months ahead - some November applicants got their invites last week.

Reactions: GraceCan

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Just to let the Surrey office applicants know that I received test letter on 24 May 2019 for test on 25 June 2019. I had applied with family of 4 in late August and went into IP on 20 Nov 2018. Interesting no interview/test letter for the under 18 kid, does anyone know if he needs to go to the interview?

Reactions: GraceCan

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Just to let the Surrey office applicants know that I received test letter on 24 May 2019 for test on 25 June 2019. I had applied with family of 4 in late August and went into IP on 20 Nov 2018. Interesting no interview/test letter for the under 18 kid, does anyone know if he needs to go to the interview?
so its around 6 months from IP to test invite for Surrey office.