Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Interview........
Feb 11, 2013 (Refused)
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows
Hi Everybody,

I am starting a new topic especially for the spousal appeals those would be held or have been heard at Vancouver office. i am one of those. Please share your experiences here. It would also help us to calculate the appeal wait time as well (from the past experiences).

Also. please dont hesitate to share your time-line.

Your responses and quotes would be highly appreciated and would be very helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Guguz said:
Hi Everybody,

I am starting a new topic especially for the spousal appeals those would be held or have been heard at Vancouver office. i am one of those. Please share your experiences here. It would also help us to calculate the appeal wait time as well (from the past experiences).

Also. please dont hesitate to share your time-line.

Your responses and quotes would be highly appreciated and would be very helpful.

Thanks for your time.
Okie dokie It has been so long hard to remember it all lol but I will try my best Tahnkyou Guguz for adding this thread. Great idea

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
>App submitted July 05th 2012 > CIC received July 06th 2012> Sponsor approved Sept 17th 2012> Transfered to Havana September 28th 2012> December 04th Interview requested for January 07th 2013> Visa denied January 08th 2013 after 4 horiffic hours with a cruel and cold hearted Cuban woman VO> Received refusal letter from rep via e-mail dated January 09th 2013> By phone January 08th2013> Rep received hard copy letter of refusal via dipolomatic pouch January 24th 2013. I received this hard copy along with notice to appeal form to my house January 31st 2013 from the rep.> We live in different provinces.> Sent notice to appeal February 04th 2013 via fax and the 05th via expresspost to IAD. > IAD using the date of the 05th of receiving via expresspost.> Received letter of acknowledgment from the IAD dated February 28th 2013 on March 05th 2013> Received the blue book(copy of the record)July 10th 2013> Received news yesterday afternoon November 30th 2013 from my lawyer via telephone that I have been granted an ADR (Alternative Dispute resolution) appeal hearing and I will get a letter in the mail very soon possibly today with this news>

Guguz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Interview........
Feb 11, 2013 (Refused)
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows
Double Rainbow said:
>App submitted July 05th 2012 > CIC received July 06th 2012> Sponsor approved Sept 17th 2012> Transfered to Havana September 28th 2012> December 04th Interview requested for January 07th 2013> Visa denied January 08th 2013 after 4 horiffic hours with a cruel and cold hearted Cuban woman VO> Received refusal letter from rep via e-mail dated January 09th 2013> By phone January 08th2013> Rep received hard copy letter of refusal via dipolomatic pouch January 24th 2013. I received this hard copy along with notice to appeal form to my house January 31st 2013 from the rep.> We live in different provinces.> Sent notice to appeal February 04th 2013 via fax and the 05th via expresspost to IAD. > IAD using the date of the 05th of receiving via expresspost.> Received letter of acknowledgment from the IAD dated February 28th 2013 on March 05th 2013> Received the blue book(copy of the record)July 10th 2013> Received news yesterday afternoon November 30th 2013 from my lawyer via telephone that I have been granted an ADR (Alternative Dispute resolution) appeal hearing and I will get a letter in the mail very soon possibly today with this news>
Thanks my dear. It gona help me and other members to get an idea of the the timeline in Vancouver. But it seems as it is no shorter than Toronto. :(

HAting this long wait times...

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would someone kindly explain to me the difference between an ADR and a full hearing? Do you have a choice? What is the better one to get?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Ivancica said:
Would someone kindly explain to me the difference between an ADR and a full hearing? Do you have a choice? What is the better one to get?
An ADR hearing is more informal. The government lawyer and the sponsor (plus the sponsor's lawyer if any) meet, with an adjuicator from the IRB. They will discuss your case, ask questións, and give you a chance to explain why the visa should be issued.
A full hearing is before a judge in a courtroom, and is more formal. The judge and the government lawyer will ask you and your spouse questions. It is more like a court case, whereas an ADR is supposed to be an informal meeting. However, even an ADR can be stressful, as the government lawyer may seem rude and intimidating. This depends on the lawyer, and on whether they really believe your relationship is fake or not.

You do not have a choice. The IRB or the government will decide. They usually choose ADR for cases that seem simple and straightforward. ADR is definitely better. If you do not succeed at the ADR, then your case goes to a full hearing, so you are basically getting two chances, not just one.

Guguz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Interview........
Feb 11, 2013 (Refused)
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows
Ivancica said:
Hi

Welcome to the thread. ADR means Alternate Dispute Resolution. In this a person sits in front of an ADR Officer and give kind of interview. In full hearing it is more like a court hearing as per my understanding. I could be wrong too. But I am sure ADR is less time consuming as compared to full hearing. Double Rainbow can put more light on this as she is been attending couple of full hearings. And yes, it is assigned my IAD weather the case will get ADR or full hearing. It is not in our hands to choose. Hope this helps.

Also please share your timeline. Thanks and good luck. :)

Guguz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Interview........
Feb 11, 2013 (Refused)
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows
canadianwoman said:
An ADR hearing is more informal. The government lawyer and the sponsor (plus the sponsor's lawyer if any) meet, with an adjuicator from the IRB. They will discuss your case, ask questións, and give you a chance to explain why the visa should be issued.
A full hearing is before a judge in a courtroom, and is more formal. The judge and the government lawyer will ask you and your spouse questions. It is more like a court case, whereas an ADR is supposed to be an informal meeting. However, even an ADR can be stressful, as the government lawyer may seem rude and intimidating. This depends on the lawyer, and on whether they really believe your relationship is fake or not.

You do not have a choice. The IRB or the government will decide. They usually choose ADR for cases that seem simple and straightforward. ADR is definitely better. If you do not succeed at the ADR, then your case goes to a full hearing, so you are basically getting two chances, not just one.

Thanks

I agree ....

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Double Rainbow said:
>App submitted July 05th 2012 > CIC received July 06th 2012> Sponsor approved Sept 17th 2012> Transfered to Havana September 28th 2012> December 04th Interview requested for January 07th 2013> Visa denied January 08th 2013 after 4 horiffic hours with a cruel and cold hearted Cuban woman VO> Received refusal letter from rep via e-mail dated January 09th 2013> By phone January 08th2013> Rep received hard copy letter of refusal via dipolomatic pouch January 24th 2013. I received this hard copy along with notice to appeal form to my house January 31st 2013 from the rep.> We live in different provinces.> Sent notice to appeal February 04th 2013 via fax and the 05th via expresspost to IAD. > IAD using the date of the 05th of receiving via expresspost.> Received letter of acknowledgment from the IAD dated February 28th 2013 on March 05th 2013> Received the blue book(copy of the record)July 10th 2013> Received news yesterday afternoon November 30th 2013 from my lawyer via telephone that I have been granted an ADR (Alternative Dispute resolution) appeal hearing and I will get a letter in the mail very soon possibly today with this news>*** I received*** the letter from the IRB October 31st in the mail with a check list, instructions, rules and timeline for disclosure of evidence. They(IRB and the Minister's Counsel) have to receive prior to my appeal date and that this evidence will not be accepted after the time they give you to use for your hearing.>

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Guguz said:
Thanks my dear. It gona help me and other members to get an idea of the the timeline in Vancouver. But it seems as it is no shorter than Toronto. :(

HAting this long wait times...
Your most welcome dear Guguz :D Thankyou for starting this very much needed, important thread. :D ;) I think Toronto is still a bit slower unless you have a straight forward and simple case to sort out. Not sure really. I know Vancouver is taking in all of Western Canada's appeals so I think we are still further ahead in wait times considering all of Western Canada. We are doing pretty good over all I think.I believe at one time it took 4 years in Toronto from appeal to a visa. Never has it been that long of a wait for Vancouver.Check out some people's timelines for Toronto. :eek: Wow! I feel sorry for those folks :'(

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Ivancica said:
Hi Ivancica canadianwoman & Guguz are correct with their answers. I have been to about 4 or 5 full appeal hearings here in Vancouver. They are good and helpful to attend to. I was never given any dates to attend an ADR as the majority are full hearings for family class appeal hearings. They call them "bad faith" appeal hearings, I know sounds horrible, but this is what they call thse hearings :(. If you or anybody would like to attend any of these hearings, just mention you would like to attend some hearings, that you will be an observer only. You have a hearing coming up for yourself. You would like to prepare yourself mentally and think it would be a good experience overall to help yourself for your hearing. the number to call is on your acknowledgement letter of your notice to appeal that you received from the IAD. It is a long wait while listening to press this or that etc. but, just wait it out. Don't press anything until it says... you have received your blue book and would like the next steps after this press 1 do that I think if I can remember and just wait until the reception answers. It is usally a woman with a French accent, very nice or it is a man also very nice to talk with. Sometimes they don't answer as they are busy. When they do answer ask to be transfered to a case manager please. You will get transfered, you may get a voice mail to leave a message. Leave a mesaage with your file #,name and contact #, date, time. The case manager will call you back,if not as soon as you like then call back and hopefully they will answer your call. This is what happened with me. The case manager will give you her or his name and ask for your e-mail address and they will send you dates and times of "bad faith" appeal hearings for the following week. Usually they have the dates by Thursday or Friday the week before if there are any of these types of hearings available for the following week.There are many different types of hearings going on as well as these ones as well so keep this in mind.I think I saw 5 or 6 court rooms on floor 17 so this is how many hearings they do each day. The full hearings of "bad faith" are all day long 8 hours or more so they take up 1 court room all day long.Keep this in mind as well.The ADR hearings are about 1 to 1.5 hours in total. My experience I received going to these hearings was very helpful to me and highly recommend you/everybody go a couple of times. I hope this helps everyone. XO :D ;)

Reactions: Alicee

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! I was just inquiring about them. We haven't been refused and by the sound of it I hope we never have to go through it!

What happens if the ADR is lost and the full hearing is lost too? Is there any hope? Surely they can't do that can they!? What a nightmare.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Ivancica said:
Thank you! I was just inquiring about them. We haven't been refused and by the sound of it I hope we never have to go through it!

What happens if the ADR is lost and the full hearing is lost too? Is there any hope? Surely they can't do that can they!? What a nightmare.
Maybe it goes to a Federal Court hearing? Or Re Apply? Not sure but also if you Re Apply you maybe not be successful as the issues were not addressed in your appeal hearings :( Maybe someone else knows this answer? Yes, it is a nightmare for sure. I hope you never have to go through it either. Keep the faith. Stay positive all the time is best ;D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........

Guguz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Interview........
Feb 11, 2013 (Refused)
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows

Hello my dear,

Did the letter include the ADR hearing date or it was just the check list and also did hey give any dead line to submit the evidences??