London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Raza Khan said:
Thanks Dear for your information

Kindly share any other popular route from Lahore to Vancouver where there is no visa requirement. I explore another route LHR-London-VCR but still dont know whether transit visa is required for London or not. Kindly share other possible options.

Raza
Try KLM ( Abu Dhabi to Amsterdam-Vancouver). Transit visa is NOT required, if you have a valid visa/PR to US or Canada.
For London, you do not need transit visa, if you have valid visa to US/Canada.

Check cathay Pacific airline, KLM ... I had travelled earlier once in Lufthansa (had transit in Germany-No transit visa required), and once in KLM (No transit visa required). Last year when I was travelling to Vancouver via KLM and had transit stay at Amsterdam Airport, I sent email to Netherland Embassy in Dubai to confirm about their transit visa requirement, plz check below their response to my email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Since April 2010 all travelers with a normal passport and a valid (residence) visa for Canada, US, Japan or other EER countries can travel without a transit visa.

In case you would like to visit the Netherlands you will need to apply for a Schengen visa. We always refer the travelers to contact the airline too to check their information.

Kind regards

Raza Khan

Apr 14, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Visa Officer=RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
27-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015 (SLU)
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2016
arman79 said:
Try KLM ( Abu Dhabi to Amsterdam-Vancouver). Transit visa is NOT required, if you have a valid visa/PR to US or Canada.
For London, you do not need transit visa, if you have valid visa to US/Canada.

Check cathay Pacific airline, KLM ... I had travelled earlier once in Lufthansa (had transit in Germany-No transit visa required), and once in KLM (No transit visa required). Last year when I was travelling to Vancouver via KLM and had transit stay at Amsterdam Airport, I sent email to Netherland Embassy in Dubai to confirm about their transit visa requirement, plz check below their response to my email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Since April 2010 all travelers with a normal passport and a valid (residence) visa for Canada, US, Japan or other EER countries can travel without a transit visa.

In case you would like to visit the Netherlands you will need to apply for a Schengen visa. We always refer the travelers to contact the airline too to check their information.

Kind regards

Dear Arman,

Thanks alot for your detailed answer. I am planning to move in Summers if everything will go smoothly Inshallah. Along with your proposals, I am also considering following two options;

1. Lahore to Toronto via PIA and then Toronto to Vancouver via Air Canada (Although it involved more journey timing but the prime reason is due to heavy luggage and only 1 no of stay + PIA Ticket price is economical)

2. Lahore to London via PIA and London to Vancouver Air Canada or British Airways ( 1no of stay + Journey divided into 2 halves + Feasible with small kid + PIA Ticket Price is economical )

2ndly dear I am planning to get high education and for this purpose I am applying in various BC universities. Kindly share your views regarding jobs while studying; fees, funding, scholarships, monthly stipends and loans options for immigrants during studies and Job prospects after getting BC Masters degree in Civil Engineering.

3rdly How much Govt pay in terms of child benefit of under 18.

What your suggestions

Raza

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Raza Khan said:
Dear Arman,

Thanks alot for your detailed answer. I am planning to move in Summers if everything will go smoothly Inshallah. Along with your proposals, I am also considering following two options;

1. Lahore to Toronto via PIA and then Toronto to Vancouver via Air Canada (Although it involved more journey timing but the prime reason is due to heavy luggage and only 1 no of stay + PIA Ticket price is economical)

2. Lahore to London via PIA and London to Vancouver Air Canada or British Airways ( 1no of stay + Journey divided into 2 halves + Feasible with small kid + PIA Ticket Price is economical )

2ndly dear I am planning to get high education and for this purpose I am applying in various BC universities. Kindly share your views regarding jobs while studying; fees, funding, scholarships, monthly stipends and loans options for immigrants during studies and Job prospects after getting BC Masters degree in Civil Engineering.

3rdly How much Govt pay in terms of child benefit of under 18.

What your suggestions

Raza
Once you are accepted to any BC university, you can apply for loan even if you are new immigrant; You will start paying your loan 6 months after your graduation. and it can further be deferred as loan re-payment assistance. Once you are accepted to any University, then co-ordinate with them.
check this below website;
https://studentaidbc.ca/explore/canada-bc

Regarding child tax benefit, it varies on no of factors, no of children, age etc. Below is website , you should review. But once you are here, you will get to know about all these things.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cctb/
http://www.mhr.gov.bc.ca/programs/other.htm#hk

Let me know should you require any further information or assistance. you can pvt msg me...
Regarding PIA, I found it more costly than American Airline, Etihad, Emirates, KLM etc.
Anyways, you still have time to search. Good Luck with your plans.
Regards

Raza Khan

Apr 14, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Visa Officer=RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
27-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015 (SLU)
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2016
arman79 said:
Once you are accepted to any BC university, you can apply for loan even if you are new immigrant; You will start paying your loan 6 months after your graduation. and it can further be deferred as loan re-payment assistance. Once you are accepted to any University, then co-ordinate with them.
check this below website;
https://studentaidbc.ca/explore/canada-bc

Regarding child tax benefit, it varies on no of factors, no of children, age etc. Below is website , you should review. But once you are here, you will get to know about all these things.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cctb/
http://www.mhr.gov.bc.ca/programs/other.htm#hk

Let me know should you require any further information or assistance. you can pvt msg me...
Regarding PIA, I found it more costly than American Airline, Etihad, Emirates, KLM etc.
Anyways, you still have time to search. Good Luck with your plans.
Regards
Dear Arman

Thanks alot for your kind guidance. I will do further search and will share the updates.

Regards,

Raza

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
friends..its been 3 months since i did my initial landing in vancouver, but i havent got my pr card..is it normal? thx

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
KoRnnn said:
friends..its been 3 months since i did my initial landing in vancouver, but i havent got my pr card..is it normal? thx
Did you call up and followed up with CIC on the status

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Call to Cic Call center, i got my PR card After 137 days of landing
KoRnnn said:
i didnt..is it better to call or just ask status by email? thx

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
can you please share the cic call center number? i have several number from different forum..which one did u contact? bunch of thanks

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
KoRnnn said:
can you please share the cic call center number? i have several number from different forum..which one did u contact? bunch of thanks
+1 613-944-4000

Call them up.

I called them today to check for my cards status and poof.... they said that they were unable to scan my pics and sent some letter to me (today only) for further communication.

Its good to call and get the latest status so that you get to know about any glitches in the processing...

Kam123

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi or chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER-- april13,2015
AOR Received.
May22,2015
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
Med's Request
July7,2015
Med's Done....
July9,2015
Passport Req..
17/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/3/2016
LANDED..........
Will land in May hopefully
Hello friends
I got the visa yesterday only and I'm planning to land in Vancouver and want to settle there... Can somebody guide me regarding the psychologist job ...
That is it compulsory to get registerd??? And only phd person can be a psychologist ???
Please some body guide me

Thanks

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Kam123 said:
Hello friends
I got the visa yesterday only and I'm planning to land in Vancouver and want to settle there... Can somebody guide me regarding the psychologist job ...
That is it compulsory to get registerd??? And only phd person can be a psychologist ???
Please some body guide me

Thanks
Hi, Congrats for your visa and good to know about your plan to settle in Vancouver,

Regarding psychologist profession; it is a regulated profession and to become clinical psychologist, one must be registered or eligible for registration in Clinical Psychology and/or Health Psychology with the College of Psychologists of BC

For further reference and information, please visit the below website;

http://www.collegeofpsychologists.bc.ca/aoverview.php

http://www.psychologists.bc.ca/faq/what-are-requirements-become-registered-psychologist

Best of Luck

Regards

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to bump the thread :)

How is everyone doing?

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Hello Everyone. I just got our PR Visa and we are to land before 8th of July, our medical expiry date. What is the weather like in Vancouver now. Is it warm too like summer?