NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear Arman79,

Good day. Thanks for your information. I will be back to canada on end of Feb, 2016. I have question as below.

When I applied for 3 of us (me, my wife and my daughter) for MSP,I only used one enrollment form. That mean Under Section 1 in the form the Applicant information is MY NAME. Then I just write MY WIFE name and MY DAUGHTER name under Section 5, spouse and children information.

Should I use 3 seperate enrollment form for 3 of us OR i can use only one enrollment form for 3 of us? How about your case?
I think is in my case, I should use 3 seperate enrollment forms for me, my wife and my daughter instead of using ONLY one form. This is the reason I only can get one letter for me only. Am i right to say that? Please share with your case? When you apply, you apply only one form for all of your family members or seperate forms for all family members? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat

arman79 said:
It is better for your friend to call or visit ICBC and check with them ... Ideally all three should have separate health number. Did you and your family visited ICBC for photo which is suppose to be taken at ICBC ?

Please visit :- http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/managing-your-msp-account/leaving-bc-temporarily

I am not sure when are you planning to return back to Vancouver, Ideally you should have applied once you have permanently moved in here. Anyways, please check the above website.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
myat said:
Dear Arman79,

Good day. Thanks for your information. I will be back to canada on end of Feb, 2016. I have question as below.

When I applied for 3 of us (me, my wife and my daughter) for MSP,I only used one enrollment form. That mean Under Section 1 in the form the Applicant information is MY NAME. Then I just write MY WIFE name and MY DAUGHTER name under Section 5, spouse and children information.

Should I use 3 seperate enrollment form for 3 of us OR i can use only one enrollment form for 3 of us? How about your case?
I think is in my case, I should use 3 seperate enrollment forms for me, my wife and my daughter instead of using ONLY one form. This is the reason I only can get one letter for me only. Am i right to say that? Please share with your case? When you apply, you apply only one form for all of your family members or seperate forms for all family members? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat
It should suppose to be only one form (2 page). One Page No 2 of this form, there is a section for spouse and children information. You are not suppose to send three separate forms for each family member. It is only one form for whole family.
What you did was right way.

To be honest, I am unable to understand your actual issue. You have earlier mentioned that your friend just have received form from ICBC for you.
The usual procedure is; once you send them a MSP form by post, they send you a letter by mail with instructions to visit any ICBC center. At ICBC center, they give you health number and to take pictures. And as far as I remember, this letter comes quite late ( in 2nd month) after you have applied/send form to ICBC...

How could your friend went to ICBC on your behalf to receive health number and photo taken ? I don't understand this ! Anyways, I will suggest, ask your friend to give a call or visit ICBC .
Telephone: (604) 683-7151 (Lower Mainland)

Alternate
Telephone: 1-800-663-7100 (Elsewhere in B.C.)

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear arman79,

Good day. Thanks for your information. By the way I sent MSP Enrollment for my family on 29-Sept-2015 by using Canada Mail (cost CAD 13) and delivered to Health Insurance BC on 30-Sept-2015 (So around 35 days from 29-Sept-2015 to 05-Nov-2015). Please see below for your understanding :D

1) My friend currently who stay at Vancouver, Canada (I gave that address to send my PR cards and MSP ) received a letter from Health Insurance BC for me.

2) In the letter, they mention I need to take photo at ICBC and they will issue PHN on this card. But I cannot do now as I am in Singapore. I will do this only when I back to Canada on Feb, 2016.

3)But my friend received one letter attention to my name only. So I guess, as I am main applicant, that why attention to me. In the letter, they mention

(i) All adults 18 years and six months of age and older, need to visit an ICBC Driving License Office for BC Service cards. That mean me and my wife need to go to ICBC and take photos and get BC Service cards for us.

(ii)Individual under 18 years and six months of age will automatically receive non-photo BC service card from Health Insurance BC. That mean my daughter will directly received a non-photo BC Service card from Health insurance BC.

Conclusion

- For Me and my wife need to go ICBC, take photo and can get PHOTO ID BC Service Cards. (we will do around FEB, 2016 when we back to Canada)

- For my daughter, will receive a non-photo BC Service card directly from Health Insurance BC. (Let wait and see a few more days whether my friend can received a non-photo BC Service Card from Health Insurance BC or not)

Thanks for giving me ICBC Contact number.

Best Regards,
Myat

arman79 said:
It should suppose to be only one form (2 page). One Page No 2 of this form, there is a section for spouse and children information. You are not suppose to send three separate forms for each family member. It is only one form for whole family.
What you did was right way.

To be honest, I am unable to understand your actual issue. You have earlier mentioned that your friend just have received form from ICBC for you.
The usual procedure is; once you send them a MSP form by post, they send you a letter by mail with instructions to visit any ICBC center. At ICBC center, they give you health number and to take pictures. And as far as I remember, this letter comes quite late ( in 2nd month) after you have applied/send form to ICBC...

How could your friend went to ICBC on your behalf to receive health number and photo taken ? I don't understand this ! Anyways, I will suggest, ask your friend to give a call or visit ICBC .
Telephone: (604) 683-7151 (Lower Mainland)

Alternate
Telephone: 1-800-663-7100 (Elsewhere in B.C.)

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
myat said:
Dear arman79,

Good day. Thanks for your information. By the way I sent MSP Enrollment for my family on 29-Sept-2015 by using Canada Mail (cost CAD 13) and delivered to Health Insurance BC on 30-Sept-2015 (So around 35 days from 29-Sept-2015 to 05-Nov-2015). Please see below for your understanding :D

1) My friend currently who stay at Vancouver, Canada (I gave that address to send my PR cards and MSP ) received a letter from Health Insurance BC for me.

2) In the letter, they mention I need to take photo at ICBC and they will issue PHN on this card. But I cannot do now as I am in Singapore. I will do this only when I back to Canada on Feb, 2016.

3)But my friend received one letter attention to my name only. So I guess, as I am main applicant, that why attention to me. In the letter, they mention

(i) All adults 18 years and six months of age and older, need to visit an ICBC Driving License Office for BC Service cards. That mean me and my wife need to go to ICBC and take photos and get BC Service cards for us.

(ii)Individual under 18 years and six months of age will automatically receive non-photo BC service card from Health Insurance BC. That mean my daughter will directly received a non-photo BC Service card from Health insurance BC.

Conclusion

- For Me and my wife need to go ICBC, take photo and can get PHOTO ID BC Service Cards. (we will do around FEB, 2016 when we back to Canada)

- For my daughter, will receive a non-photo BC Service card directly from Health Insurance BC. (Let wait and see a few more days whether my friend can received a non-photo BC Service Card from Health Insurance BC or not)

Thanks for giving me ICBC Contact number.

Best Regards,
Myat
Yes I got it, and that's the reason I advised that once you moved in here for permanent, then you should apply for MSP. Anyways, your friend can contact them to check about your wife. I think you should also inform them that currently you are out of country and you will be able to do this photo requirement at ICBC in feb 2016.

anyways, Good Luck...

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear arman79,

Good morning. Thanks for your email. I received reply email from ICBC as yesterday I sent email to them.
ICBC told me that me and my wife need to come down to ICBC, take photo and make a photo BC service card (PHN will print on it).

For my daughter, Health Insurance BC will directly send a non-photo BC Service card to my friend home. Let wait and see.

Thanks.

Regards,
Myat

arman79 said:
Yes I got it, and that's the reason I advised that once you moved in here for permanent, then you should apply for MSP. Anyways, your friend can contact them to check about your wife. I think you should also inform them that currently you are out of country and you will be able to do this photo requirement at ICBC in feb 2016.

anyways, Good Luck...

angel2173_1

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Hope all are doing good. Could any one please answer my queries ?

Me and my family are planning to do the short landing by the end of this month to complete the landing formalities and will come back to Canada for good after 5-6 months.

1) Can I mention the same items (example my laptop, gold ornaments which I am wearing etc.) in both goods accompanying and goods to follow lists ? Because the same items I need to take again when I land permanently in Canada after 5-6 months.

2) Can I apply for child tax benefits when I do the short term landing or I need to do that only after the permanent landing.

3) Do we need to open separate bank account for me and my husband ? Or can we open the joint bank account. We are planning to open bank account during the short term landing itself. Hope it won't be a problem, if we deposit the cash which we bring as proof of fund in the new bank account in Canada when we do the short term landing even though we come back only after few months. Is there any advantage, if we delay opening the bank account to permanent landing time ?

4) As I read from this thread, for health card, it is better to apply during the permanent landing time.

5) Apart from PR application and SIN card, do I need to do anything during short term landing ? Any tax related processes ?

6) I know it is Vancouver settler thread. Could you please suggest some good short term rental option in Toronto. We will landing in Toronto. I was checking safe stay home website, but I didn't get any reply from them. Me and my kid will be returning after two weeks of first landing. My husband needs to stay there till he gets our PR card. We don't have any friend or relative to arrange the PR cards collection.

7) As we do the short term landing, do we need to convert the full proof of fund for 3 members into CAD. Can we carry cash in AED also as proof of fund.

Thank you in advance for the help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel2173_1 said:
6) I know it is Vancouver settler thread. Could you please suggest some good short term rental option in Toronto. We will landing in Toronto. I was checking safe stay home website, but I didn't get any reply from them. Me and my kid will be returning after two weeks of first landing. My husband needs to stay there till he gets our PR card. We don't have any friend or relative to arrange the PR cards collection.

7) As we do the short term landing, do we need to convert the full proof of fund for 3 members into CAD. Can we carry cash in AED also as proof of fund.

Thank you in advance for the help.
Since you are heading to Toronto, you can repost your message in this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.0.html;msg4743302#msg4743302

angel2173_1

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Since you are heading to Toronto, you can repost your message in this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.0.html;msg4743302#msg4743302
Thank you.

It would be of great help, if you could answer my other queries.

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Hi All Vancouver Settler

What about a meetup?

Can we meet for a coffee during the weekend?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi v_i_r_u_s,

Thanks for your invitation. But currently I am out of Canada. Hope to meet you at Vancouver after back to Canada.

Regards,
Myat

v_i_r_u_s said:
Hi All Vancouver Settler

What about a meetup?

Gems2511

Dec 13, 2014
Yorkshire, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/14
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER recieved 11/02/2015
Med's Request
14/05/2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Will be 09/05/2016
v_i_r_u_s said:
Hi All Vancouver Settler

What about a meetup?

Hi,

Once I've landed in May il be up for meet ups etc. I think it's a nice idea.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
friends..I'll be doing initial landing by next week and stay in west pender area. can someone please suggest which place is the nearest to attain SIN from my place? thanks

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Go to this link and see http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-srch.cgi?app=lst&pv=bc&ln=eng

u can also look with postal code..I believe u r going to stay near downtown...so search near downtown
good luck
KoRnnn said:
friends..I'll be doing initial landing by next week and stay in west pender area. can someone please suggest which place is the nearest to attain SIN from my place? thanks

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
friends, i have more question..whats the best prepaid card (include data plan) in canada? the one can provide nano sim for iphone as well...thanks