26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Hello everyone,

As you already may know that my spouse and I have landed successfully in Vancouver a few days back. The comments and suggestions from seniors were a great help to us throughout the process. After landing, we are now trying to fulfill all the formalities that we need to do as a newly landed immigrant. I think it is the right time to share our experiences so that newcomers can get ample information and be prepared before departing from their respective home countries.

1. Before departure, we prepared all of the required documents that we needed to show at the time of lading. Thanks to Qorax and other seniors for a detailed article on landing formalities. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

We were ready with our lists of "Goods to Follow" and "Goods Accompanying" as mentioned in this article. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

2. At Vancouver airport, we just followed the signboards and headed towards a counter where an officer checked our disembarkation card and asked a few of the questions. The disembarkation card was given to us in the flight. The major thing that I got to know here was about our funds to declare. I was under impression that we had to declare our funds if we were carrying more than CAD 10000/- regardless of the means of transferring funds. As we were carrying more than ten thousand (some cash and rest of the amount in the form of DD), we declared that in our card. On the contrary, the officer told us that if you are not carrying more than ten thousand in CASH, you are not required to declare. He himself made correction in our disembarkation card. Then, he welcomed us in Canada and directed us towards immigration counters.

3. At immigration counter, the entire section was empty other than the two officers. As there was no queue, we went straight to an officer and told him that we wanted to complete our landing formalities. He took our original COPRs, passports and our local address in Canada. Then he glanced through the documents and told us to wait for some time. After 10 minutes he again called and informed us that everything is done and our PR cards will be delivered in next 6-8 weeks. We collected our documents and before leaving the counter we were welcomed for the second time.

4. When we reached at the baggage carousel, our luggage was already there. Until now, no one had asked us to show any B4 forms, so we were little skeptical to take exit route. Then we decided to ask a security officer and he told us to go towards exit gate and we would find a custom officer standing there. We took a cart and started moving towards exit gate. Just before the exit, we found another officer then we told him that we wanted to declare our goods. He told us to go inside the hall just behind him.

5. At customs, The same officer came inside and asked to provide the list of goods. We presented him two sets of lists. One for Goods Accompanying and another for Goods to Follow. He simply returned us the list of Goods Accompanying and said that there was no need for this list. He only wanted to have a list of Goods to Follow. Then he stamped the first page of Goods to Follow and said that we were good to leave. As we didn't want to take any chance, so just requested him if he could stamp all of the pages. In reply, he said that there was no such requirement but happily stamped on all the pages for us. After that, he himself opened the gate for us and welcomed us in Canada.

6. After customs, we went through the exit gate. There was another guy managing the traffic just outside the gate. We just moved towards him. He noticed our baggage and told us that we would need a mini van and asked us to wait for some time. He messaged for a mini van over his wireless. We didn't need to do anything. A van came and we left for our new home. No need to ask about fare or anything else.

7. The next day, we went to a Service Canada office. Got our SIN numbers. All just in 20 minutes. Then we went to a bank near to our place. At the reception, we told them that we needed to open our accounts. One of their managers, welcomed us to his cabin. Gave us all the information and opened our accounts in approx. 1 hour. After that we went to Best Buy, got a prepaid plan and SIM for our new mobile connection.

8. After a couple of days, downloaded the application form for the MSP, filled, got printed and mailed via Canada Post along with other supporting documents to their mailing address. Thanks to @Arman79 for the help.

9. Now, we are preparing ourselves for the ICBC knowledge test and then the road test in coming days.

Once again, thanks to all the seniors and good luck to other newcomers.
----

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
keypad said:
8. After a couple of days, downloaded the application form for the MSP, filled, got printed and mailed via Canada Post along with other supporting documents to their mailing address. Thanks to @Arman79 for the help.

9. Now, we are preparing ourselves for the ICBC knowledge test and then the road test in coming days.

----
Welcome, I have messaged you the contact address. Best of luck for ur ICBC knowledge test.

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
keypad said:
Hello everyone,

As you already may know that my spouse and I have landed successfully in Vancouver a few days back. The comments and suggestions from seniors were a great help to us throughout the process. After landing, we are now trying to fulfill all the formalities that we need to do as a newly landed immigrant. I think it is the right time to share our experiences so that newcomers can get ample information and be prepared before departing from their respective home countries.

1. Before departure, we prepared all of the required documents that we needed to show at the time of lading. Thanks to Qorax and other seniors for a detailed article on landing formalities. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

We were ready with our lists of "Goods to Follow" and "Goods Accompanying" as mentioned in this article. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

2. At Vancouver airport, we just followed the signboards and headed towards a counter where an officer checked our disembarkation card and asked a few of the questions. The disembarkation card was given to us in the flight. The major thing that I got to know here was about our funds to declare. I was under impression that we had to declare our funds if we were carrying more than CAD 10000/- regardless of the means of transferring funds. As we were carrying more than ten thousand (some cash and rest of the amount in the form of DD), we declared that in our card. On the contrary, the officer told us that if you are not carrying more than ten thousand in CASH, you are not required to declare. He himself made correction in our disembarkation card. Then, he welcomed us in Canada and directed us towards immigration counters.

3. At immigration counter, the entire section was empty other than the two officers. As there was no queue, we went straight to an officer and told him that we wanted to complete our landing formalities. He took our original COPRs, passports and our local address in Canada. Then he glanced through the documents and told us to wait for some time. After 10 minutes he again called and informed us that everything is done and our PR cards will be delivered in next 6-8 weeks. We collected our documents and before leaving the counter we were welcomed for the second time.

4. When we reached at the baggage carousel, our luggage was already there. Until now, no one had asked us to show any B4 forms, so we were little skeptical to take exit route. Then we decided to ask a security officer and he told us to go towards exit gate and we would find a custom officer standing there. We took a cart and started moving towards exit gate. Just before the exit, we found another officer then we told him that we wanted to declare our goods. He told us to go inside the hall just behind him.

5. At customs, The same officer came inside and asked to provide the list of goods. We presented him two sets of lists. One for Goods Accompanying and another for Goods to Follow. He simply returned us the list of Goods Accompanying and said that there was no need for this list. He only wanted to have a list of Goods to Follow. Then he stamped the first page of Goods to Follow and said that we were good to leave. As we didn't want to take any chance, so just requested him if he could stamp all of the pages. In reply, he said that there was no such requirement but happily stamped on all the pages for us. After that, he himself opened the gate for us and welcomed us in Canada.

6. After customs, we went through the exit gate. There was another guy managing the traffic just outside the gate. We just moved towards him. He noticed our baggage and told us that we would need a mini van and asked us to wait for some time. He messaged for a mini van over his wireless. We didn't need to do anything. A van came and we left for our new home. No need to ask about fare or anything else.

7. The next day, we went to a Service Canada office. Got our SIN numbers. All just in 20 minutes. Then we went to a bank near to our place. At the reception, we told them that we needed to open our accounts. One of their managers, welcomed us to his cabin. Gave us all the information and opened our accounts in approx. 1 hour. After that we went to Best Buy, got a prepaid plan and SIM for our new mobile connection.

----
Dear Keypad
Thanks for sharing your experience. Could you please share the weather conditions in Vancouver. I am just curious to understand how will the months of Dec and Jan will look like. I get so many different replies to that ;)

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
ashishv said:
Dear Keypad
Thanks for sharing your experience. Could you please share the weather conditions in Vancouver. I am just curious to understand how will the months of Dec and Jan will look like. I get so many different replies to that ;)
I would say not too cold at this moment. These days are just like December in Indian weather. However, I am new to this place and can't say anything about coming months. It would be better if someone else, who has spent Dec, Jan in BC can advice on that.

However, If your are living in Greater Vancouver Area, you must be ready to welcome rain/ drizzle at any time. Better bring an umbrella, you would need one.

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Hi All,

By the grace of Almighty Allah and all of your prayers we landed in Vancouver on 25th October 2015.

My Detail Landing Experience is illustrated below :)

1. We started from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka for Vancouver via China Southern Airlines on 24th October (BD Time 12:30 PM) and reached Guangzhou around 6 PM (BD Time 4 PM).

2. It took almost 2 hours to complete the immigration and security check procedures in Guangzhou airport before we leave airport for our Hotel Accommodation. Anyone who is planning to use China Southern for Dhaka-Vancouver route please keep in mind that you need to rely on the airport "sign" ( you won't get too much help from chinese people due to language constraint)

3. We reached the Hotel in Guangzhou around 8:45 Pm and stayed there till 25th October morning. Hotel was Nanland Grandview and it was a good accommodation from CS Airlines. Note: Please try to eat food from outside because hotel stuffs don't understand English At all!!! That's the only drawback i faced in China.

4. We left hotel around 10 AM on 25th October and our flight was at 2PM. As we already got Boarding Pass on 24th, we did not have to check in on 25th...Our flight departed Guangzhou around 2:15pm for Vancouver.

5. After a long hectic journey of around 10:30 hours we reached Vancouver on 25th October 10 AM (BD Time 11PM 25th October)

6. Immigration, Security check and Baggage collection took 30 minutes and Custom Clearance took around 20 minutes at YVR Airport, Customs officer did not ask for any proof of fund and he did not keep the B4 Form i filledup.He said the B4 form is for good to be followed.

7. We left YVR airport around 11:30 am, My friend was waiting outside and we finally landed in the Country of MAPLE LEAF :)

8. We got our SIN the very next day, opened bank account, Purchased 3 months emergency travel insurance for MSP waiting period.

9. Applied for MSP and Childcare benefit today

Regarding China Southern Airlines Food - Dhaka to Guangzhou Route food was not that good (Though it was Halal); but the food from Guangzhou to Vancouver was top class ( I informed CS Air about my Halal Food requirement while I booked ticket)...Aircraft from Guangzhou to Vancouver was a Boeing 787 and it was comfortable to fly

Thats all from now, Everyone please pray for my family..I need all of your blessing to get settle here successfully :)

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
v_i_r_u_s said:
Thats all from now, Everyone please pray for my family..I need all of your blessing to get settle here successfully :)
Wish you best of Luck ...

EA-one

Sep 10, 2015
Congrats!! All the best and God's guidance and blessings...

v_i_r_u_s said:
Hi All,

By the grace of Almighty Allah and all of your prayers we landed in Vancouver on 25th October 2015.

1. We started from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka for Vancouver via China Southern Airlines on 24th October (BD Time 12:30 PM) and reached Guangzhou around 6 PM (BD Time 4 PM).

2. It took almost 2 hours to complete the immigration and security check procedures in Guangzhou airport before we leave airport for our Hotel Accommodation. Anyone who is planning to use China Southern for Dhaka-Vancouver route please keep in mind that you need to rely on the airport "sign" ( you won't get too much help from chinese people due to language constraint)

3. We reached the Hotel in Guangzhou around 8:45 Pm and stayed there till 25th October morning. Hotel was Nanland Grandview and it was a good accommodation from CS Airlines. Note: Please try to eat food from outside because hotel stuffs don't understand English At all!!! That's the only drawback i faced in China.

4. We left hotel around 10 AM on 25th October and our flight was at 2PM. As we already got Boarding Pass on 24th, we did not have to check in on 25th...Our flight departed Guangzhou around 2:15pm for Vancouver.

5. After a long hectic journey of around 10:30 hours we reached Vancouver on 25th October 10 AM (BD Time 11PM 25th October)

6. Immigration, Security check and Baggage collection took 30 minutes and Custom Clearance took around 20 minutes at YVR Airport, Customs officer did not ask for any proof of fund and he did not keep the B4 Form i filledup.He said the B4 form is for good to be followed.

7. We left YVR airport around 11:30 am, My friend was waiting outside and we finally landed in the Country of MAPLE LEAF :)

8. We got our SIN the very next day, opened bank account, Purchased 3 months emergency travel insurance for MSP waiting period.

Regarding China Southern Airlines Food - Dhaka to Guangzhou Route food was not that good (Though it was Halal); but the food from Guangzhou to Vancouver was top class ( I informed CS Air about my Halal Food requirement while I booked ticket)...Aircraft from Guangzhou to Vancouver was a Boeing 787 and it was comfortable to fly

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Hi all,
I did my landing im Vamcouver a month back. I have not applied for MSP as i thought i would do it when i move in permenantly. Can i mail a frind my documents and ask him to mail my application? How much are the annual charges for a couple of two? I got to know its not free in BC.

Thanks

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Moe2010 said:
Hi all,
I did my landing im Vamcouver a month back. I have not applied for MSP as i thought i would do it when i move in permenantly. Can i mail a frind my documents and ask him to mail my application? How much are the annual charges for a couple of two? I got to know its not free in BC.

Thanks
You should apply for MSP after you have permanently moved in BC. There is 3 months waiting period after your landing date .
MSP enrollment form; http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/forms/102fil.pdf
MSP premium charges per person is $72.00 per month

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
v_i_r_u_s said:
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience brother...all the best. Do let us know if you have any further suggestions or tips. :)

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Arman79 and all,

Today my friend who stay in Canada received MSP form from BC Health Insurance (we reached on Sept 28, after 37 days later) for me, to go to ICBC and take photo, then can get my BC Service card , personal health number (PHN) will printed on it.

But my question is when I applied MSP, I applied all 3 of us in one form.
Now received only my name only.

How about my wife and my daughter MSP? Need to apply again? Please let me know your advice . Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
myat said:
Hi Arman79 and all,

Today my friend who stay in Canada received MSP form from BC Health Insurance (we reached on Sept 28, after 37 days later) for me, to go to ICBC and take photo, then can get my BC Service card , personal health number (PHN) will printed on it.

But my question is when I applied MSP, I applied all 3 of us in one form.
Now received only my name only.

How about my wife and my daughter MSP? Need to apply again? Please let me know your advice . Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat
It is better for your friend to call or visit ICBC and check with them ... Ideally all three should have separate health number. Did you and your family visited ICBC for photo which is suppose to be taken at ICBC ?

Please visit :- http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/managing-your-msp-account/leaving-bc-temporarily

I am not sure when are you planning to return back to Vancouver, Ideally you should have applied once you have permanently moved in here. Anyways, please check the above website.