+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Settler Thread

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
thanks for your reply myat! regarding MSP, shall we apply during initial landing or after we move permanently? secondly, i heard there is service that provide canadian local address so we can give them to process our PR cards, does anyone have experience with that? or somebody can provide me the link, i believe it'll be helpful for us who have no relatives or friends in canada, thanks alot!

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear KoRnnn,

Good day. For MSP, for my case, I landed and stayed a few days at Vancouver and back to Singapore. But I will back to Vancouver on Feb,2016 (after 5 months later) and MSP processing time is about 3 months. So for my case, I already applied on the next day after I landed. Hope this will help.

Best Regards,
Myat

KoRnnn said:
thanks for your reply myat! regarding MSP, shall we apply during initial landing or after we move permanently? secondly, i heard there is service that provide canadian local address so we can give them to process our PR cards, does anyone have experience with that? or somebody can provide me the link, i believe it'll be helpful for us who have no relatives or friends in canada, thanks alot!

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Seniors and Friends,

Good day. If somebody or some friends applied before P.Eng (Electrical ) at Professional Engineers and Geoscientists at British Columbia? If yes, I would like to see sample report for Competency Experience Report. It is explanation about working experience and solutions for one requirement from APEGBC. or if you know somebody, please let me have the link or email or contact. I will contact to him or her. Hope you all can achieve your goals soon too. cheers!

Thanks ion advance.

Best Regards,
Myat

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
A few days back, I landed safely at Vancouver airport. Completed all the formalities in just 45 minutes. I will write about my landing experience in detail later on.

For now, I need to apply for MSP. I have gone through their website and found out that I need to submit an application form (HLTH 102) to get MSP coverage. However, I am not sure about the supporting documents I need to send and have some other queries to clarify. I would appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

- What supporting documents I need to send with my application? I have got SIN, a bank account and wifi connection in my name.
- Do they need certified/ attested photocopies?
- Is there any location where I can submit my application in person? If not, can anyone please suggest how to mail them? I don't know anything about Canada post.
- Do we get any kind of online account to manage our MSP coverage?

Thanks in advance.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
dear friends,

what I heard that u should actually apply for MSP once u decide to move permanently and they will need prove that u really reside in vanc for continous 3 months time. they might ask for evidence of your 3 months staying such as active bank account/ref letter from employer, etc..i might be wrong please some senior throw some input. thanks

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
keypad said:
A few days back, I landed safely at Vancouver airport. Completed all the formalities in just 45 minutes. I will write about my landing experience in detail later on.

For now, I need to apply for MSP. I have gone through their website and found out that I need to submit an application form (HLTH 102) to get MSP coverage. However, I am not sure about the supporting documents I need to send and have some other queries to clarify. I would appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

- What supporting documents I need to send with my application? I have got SIN, a bank account and wifi connection in my name.
- Do they need certified/ attested photocopies?
- Is there any location where I can submit my application in person? If not, can anyone please suggest how to mail them? I don't know anything about Canada post.
- Do we get any kind of online account to manage our MSP coverage?

Thanks in advance.
1) You can get the MSP form from any ICBC driver's license center.
2) No need of any certified/attestation, along with MSP enrollment form, you need to send copy of your COPR (if PR Card is not available) and passport copy (biopage)
3) You need to submit MSP enrollment form by POST ONLY at;
Health Insurance BC
PO Box 9035 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, B.C. V8W 9E3

With the introduction of the BC Services Card, you may have to visit an Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) driver licensing office (DLO) to complete enrolment in MSP. If this is the case, written notice with next steps will be mailed to you (this is Late Stage after you have send your form by post )

If you have any queries, call at;
Lower Mainland: 604 683-7151
Elsewhere in B.C.: Toll-free: 1 800 663-7100

visit Canada post office around your location or you can visit shoppers drug mart near to your place. At each shoppers drug mart, there is Canada post counter.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
KoRnnn said:
dear friends,

what I heard that u should actually apply for MSP once u decide to move permanently and they will need prove that u really reside in vanc for continous 3 months time. they might ask for evidence of your 3 months staying such as active bank account/ref letter from employer, etc..i might be wrong please some senior throw some input. thanks
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear arman79,

When I mail our family MSP, I ONLY put COPR copy and I forget to put out passport Bio page photocopy. Is this copulsory because in the MSP form, they only ask copy of COPR. Thanks and let me know.

Best Regards,
Myat

arman79 said:
2) No need of any certified/attestation, along with MSP enrollment form, you need to send copy of your COPR (if PR Card is not available) and passport copy (biopage)
Health Insurance BC
Victoria, B.C. V8W 9E3

With the introduction of the BC Services Card, you may have to visit an Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) driver licensing office (DLO) to complete enrolment in MSP. If this is the case, written notice with next steps will be mailed to you (this is Late Stage after you have send your form by post )

visit Canada post office around your location or you can visit shoppers drug mart near to your place. At each shoppers drug mart, there is Canada post counter.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
myat said:
Dear arman79,

When I mail our family MSP, I ONLY put COPR copy and I forget to put out passport Bio page photocopy. Is this copulsory because in the MSP form, they only ask copy of COPR. Thanks and let me know.

Best Regards,
Myat
It is also ok to attach COPR only.

Highlyfavoured1

Nov 7, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I plan to Land in Vancouver, but have read several times online that it is very expensive and there are no jobs, so I was wondering what BC is like for a single new Immigrant and what would the cost of living be on a monthly basis, what short courses or programs say for 3months or 6months max can one attend to get a diploma? What survival jobs is available?.

Apart from Surrey and Langley what other part of Vancouver preferably in the SW will be safe affordable for one person??

kindly assist with this request.

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Highlyfavoured1 said:
Hello Seniors,

I plan to Land in Vancouver, but have read several times online that it is very expensive and there are no jobs, so I was wondering what BC is like for a single new Immigrant and what would the cost of living be on a monthly basis, what short courses or programs say for 3months or 6months max can one attend to get a diploma? What survival jobs is available?.

Apart from Surrey and Langley what other part of Vancouver preferably in the SW will be safe affordable for one person??

kindly assist with this request.

thanks
I think you should avoid using the word "affordable" because one person can say he is affordable to buy a house in SW Vancouver, whereas another person say he cannot.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
arman79 said:
Health Insurance BC
Victoria, B.C. V8W 9E3

Thanks arman79, It really helped me a lot :)
+1 to you

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hi,

I have already applied for UCCB after my arrival in BC but has not submitted CCTB since they need statement of income. I am currently employed in BC from the last two months. Can I apply for UCCTB now?What do they mean statement of income as my employer directly deposit wages in my account?

Your help will be appreciated.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Subash said:
Hi,

I have already applied for UCCB after my arrival in BC but has not submitted CCTB since they need statement of income. I am currently employed in BC from the last two months. Can I apply for UCCTB now?What do they mean statement of income as my employer directly deposit wages in my account?

Your help will be appreciated.
Your question is confusing: normally you submit one form for all federal child benefits (uccb & cctb). Is this what you did on arrival? If so, this is probably the form CRA are requesting from you:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/rc66sch/rc66sch-15e.pdf

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Lammawitch said:
Your question is confusing: normally you submit one form for all federal child benefits (uccb & cctb). Is this what you did on arrival? If so, this is probably the form CRA are requesting from you:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/rc66sch/rc66sch-15e.pdf

Hi,

I have also submitted the form you mentioned along with my UCCB application. I mean, do I still need to fill out below form too?

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/ctb9/ctb9-fill-15e.pdf