Waived
Passport Req..
31-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV: 21-April-2015; PR: 09-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
29-Sept-2015
Hi guys!

"Step 3: Visit an ICBC driver licensing office (http://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/locations/Pages/Default.aspx) to obtain a copy of Learn to Drive Smart or read it online at http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/driving-guides/Pages/Learn-to-Drive-Smart.aspx"

Can you please recommend me the practice questions test which helped you to prepare for the written test? I am looking for one very similar with the written test :)
Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teodorix said:
Hi guys!

"Step 3: Visit an ICBC driver licensing office (http://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/locations/Pages/Default.aspx) to obtain a copy of Learn to Drive Smart or read it online at http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/driving-guides/Pages/Learn-to-Drive-Smart.aspx"

Can you please recommend me the practice questions test which helped you to prepare for the written test? I am looking for one very similar with the written test :)
Thanks!
Do you mean this?

http://practicetest.icbc.com/#/

teodorix

Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
25-March-2015
File Transfer...
26-March-2015
Med's Done....
09-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV: 21-April-2015; PR: 09-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
29-Sept-2015
steaky said:
Do you mean this?

http://practicetest.icbc.com/#/
Yes :) Great! Thank you!

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi friends and seniors,

Good day. For my Landing Experience, I already completed my landing smoothly at Vancouver and see below for my experience.

1) When reach immigration counter, I just tell officer that we (me, my wife and my baby) are new comers. So he direct me to go another counter for new comers. At that counter, officer ask me to show our COPRs and Passports with Visa, and he told me our PR cards will arrive 6 to 8 weeks to local address that he filled local address behalf of me. Then he keep our COPRs with photo page and sign and stamp on another COPR without photo one give it back to me. They dont care about GOOD ACCOMPANYING and GOOD TO FOLLOW forms (B4 and B4A). I declear over 10k plus cash at the other counter. officer told me that Must Keep that COPRs without phone one (stamp on it) in my hand for your whole life stay in Canada. Welcome to Canada.

2) Next day go to Service Canada, show our Passports and COPRs, can get SIN straight away within 15 mins for our family. At service Canada, you can photocopy, scan, print out, use internet for FOC.

3) Pre prepare MSP (Medical Service Plan) forms, dont forget to put photocopy of COPRs (one of my friend forget to put COPR, the form will return to him and ask him to put photocopy of COPR) and mail to the address on that form. I went to Canadapost and pay CAD 13 for register mail with tracking number. Already delivered on next day to the address.

4) For Driving license class 5 knowledge test, you need Passport, COPR and your country driving license more than 2 years experience, can take CLass 5 knowledge test at the computer terminal (test screen). Must study http://practicetest.icbc.com/#/ many time for full test and sign test before you take exam and also need to read the full book also. http://issuu.com/insurancecorporationofbc/docs/learntodrivesmart
I fail first time with 78%. need to get 80% to pass . one time take exam have to pay CAD 15. i will take another time when i permenantly back to there around FEB,2016. After Pass, need to book for road test.

Things for me to do

1) As I have SIN, Prepare to look for jobs from Singapore (I have time 5 months) before I go back to Vancouver Permanently for Electrical Engineers. I guess in order to get job in canada not so easy. must prepare as much as you can before you go.

2) To be registered or license engineer, start processing with BC P.Eng board. Already completed Academic assessment and still need to complete for Experience Assessment, Professional Practice Examination (PPE), and Law and Ethics Seminars. After reach canada, need to have 1 year canada experience. Anybody have jobs for Electrical and Instruments engineer (NOC 2133), please let me know.

3) Need to get driving license.

Anything else, I miss out to prepare please let me know and give me some advice. Thanks.

hope this helpful.

Best Regards,
Myat

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
thanks for sharing myat! I am coming in january to do initial landing and be back in march 2016. However, have u managed to open a bank account in vanc? I read from previous messages that TD is the "best" for immigrants..please share if u have other experience with bank in canada, thanks

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
Can anyone please suggest a few websites for house rent (other then Craiglist)? I am looking at Airbnb for initial stay but then I need to rent my own home. Thank You.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear KoRnnn,

For me, I have not open bank account yet, as need to make appointment with bank and later need to go back again if you want to open at TD bank. Yes I heard TD Bank is the best for new comers. But TD Bank open until 7 to 8 pm. I think I will open with TD bank also when I back for permenantly. Other bank like RBC or Scotia bank , can straight away open bank account according to one of my friend. Good luck for everything.

Best Regards,
Myat

KoRnnn said:
thanks for sharing myat! I am coming in january to do initial landing and be back in march 2016. However, have u managed to open a bank account in vanc? I read from previous messages that TD is the "best" for immigrants..please share if u have other experience with bank in canada, thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afsun1105 said:
Can anyone please suggest a few websites for house rent (other then Craiglist)? I am looking at Airbnb for initial stay but then I need to rent my own home. Thank You.
rentbc.com

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Can anyone give some idea regarding neighborhood in Wood Street,New Westminister?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
v_i_r_u_s said:
Can anyone give some idea regarding neighborhood in Wood Street,New Westminister?
Since it's an island, the bridges to Burnaby/Richmond go congested at times. There are no sky trains. Walmart and other stores in the nearby outlet are a few steps away.

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
Has anyone or anyone you know ever travelled by China Southern from Asia to Vancouver? how is the service? has there been any missing luggage or delay incidents? Thank You. :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afsun1105 said:
Has anyone or anyone you know ever travelled by China Southern from Asia to Vancouver? how is the service? has there been any missing luggage or delay incidents? Thank You. :)
A relative of mine travelled the other way round though. No delays or missing luggage, but expect to eat Chinese food throughout the journey to YVR.

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
China Southern is the most convenient airlines to travel from Bangladesh..You can also chose Cathay Pacific (With 9 Hours transit without Hotel Accommodation)...Few of my friends traveled via China Southern and so far their review is good..Regarding food if u tell about Muslim food then u will get Halal food..I am also planning to fly via China Southern

afsun1105 said:

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
steaky said:
A relative of mine travelled the other way round though. No delays or missing luggage, but expect to eat Chinese food throughout the journey to YVR.
Great, no problem with Chinese food...love them...Thank You :D

v_i_r_u_s said:
China Southern is the most convenient airlines to travel from Bangladesh..You can also chose Cathay Pacific (With 9 Hours transit without Hotel Accommodation)...Few of my friends traveled via China Southern and so far their review is good..Regarding food if u tell about Muslim food then u will get Halal food..I am also planning to fly via China Southern
That's great Bhaiya, I am planning to travel by China Southern too....the timing is convenient for me and my family, just wanted to make sure that our decision is right. Thanks :D