London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
myat said:
Dear Arman79,

Good day. Regarding about Canada child benefits application,Universal child care benefit, BC early childhood tax benefit as i stayed a few days only stay at Vancouver, please se as per below.

1) To open bank account, need to make appointment? I head from my friend who stay in Richmond say need.

2) After I got SIN from Service Canada and BANK ACCOUNT (in order to fill in the form RC66E and RC66SCH E for DIRECT DEPOSIT), I should send to Surrey Tax Center, 9755 King George Boulevard, Surrey BC, V3T 5E1 by register mail?

3) Can I apply Automatic Benefits Application? Is this only for baby who born in BC?

4) Can I register online under www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount as I dont have income tax file filling and I am a new resident?

Please let me have your idea and advice. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat
1) It is recommended that you call your bank and take an appointment to open an account. That's what exactly I did.
2) yes
3) Automated Benefit Application :- Only the mother of the newborn can choose to consent to have the information from the birth registration form transmitted to the CRA so that she can apply for benefits for her child.
4) Yes you can register online at cra account. But I will advise you to first open your bank account ... CRA online registration can be done later once u r settled.. get your home address, contact no, bank address details etc ..

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear arman79,

Good day and thanks for all of your information.

Best Regards,
Myat

arman79 said:
1) It is recommended that you call your bank and take an appointment to open an account. That's what exactly I did.
2) yes
3) Automated Benefit Application :- Only the mother of the newborn can choose to consent to have the information from the birth registration form transmitted to the CRA so that she can apply for benefits for her child.
4) Yes you can register online at cra account. But I will advise you to first open your bank account ... CRA online registration can be done later once u r settled.. get your home address, contact no, bank address details etc ..

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hi All I did my landing yesterday at vancouver international airport.overall landing experience was very smooth but i have got one problem and few queries. The problem part is that I landed on 16 sept but the officer at immigration put a stamp of 15 sept on my copr. I didnt notice this till i reached surrey to my local friends home.Do i need to inform about this mistake to somebody pls advice. 2)canadian custom officer did not take any goods accompanying form from me he just asked about the money i was having with me which he wrote on the one form and asked me to sign that form with date.is this ok 3) i am staying in canada for just 10 days and will move here permanently after 6 months can i apply for health coverage card now or wait till i move here permanently also same about opening bank account.4) immigration officer did not asked for another photograph for my pr card.will cic use the same that was fixed on copr.pls suggest and advice

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guggu said:
Hi All I did my landing yesterday at vancouver international airport.overall landing experience was very smooth but i have got one problem and few queries. The problem part is that I landed on 16 sept but the officer at immigration put a stamp of 15 sept on my copr. I didnt notice this till i reached surrey to my local friends home.Do i need to inform about this mistake to somebody pls advice. 2)canadian custom officer did not take any goods accompanying form from me he just asked about the money i was having with me which he wrote on the one form and asked me to sign that form with date.is this ok 3) i am staying in canada for just 10 days and will move here permanently after 6 months can i apply for health coverage card now or wait till i move here permanently also same about opening bank account.4) immigration officer did not asked for another photograph for my pr card.will cic use the same that was fixed on copr.pls suggest and advice
1) This is not a problem, especially if you came from Asia which you actually gain a day. However, if you want to change the date, I think you can go to a CBSA office to make the changes;
2) This is fine. They don't ask for accompanying nor goods to follow. If you have the latter, you should go to the nearest office to get it stamp before the goods arrive.
3) I suggest you wait to apply for health card when you move permanently. Same goes with bank account unless you need to wire money from your home country.
4) You don't need another photograph for your PR card because the photograph is in your COPR.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
myat said:
Dear arman79,

Good day and thanks for all of your information.

Best Regards,
Myat
Best of luck ...

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
steaky said:
Actually a lot of regular taxis are Toyota Siennas - they are minivans!

On a side note, you can also arrange with your hotel for a shuttle pick-ups between airport and hotel.
Thank you for the info :)

seanr

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014 PER
IELTS Request
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
Finally we will be landing in Canada on 1st October, I am still looking for a place in Richmond. Will update more once we are in Canada. Can anyone help with renting an apartment in Richmond. Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seanr said:
Finally we will be landing in Canada on 1st October, I am still looking for a place in Richmond. Will update more once we are in Canada. Can anyone help with renting an apartment in Richmond. Thanks in advance.
Despite frauds, some of my friends lists their rental available advertisement (although not in the city of Richmond) in websites such as craiglist. Maybe you should take a look at that. Good luck!

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
What about the current job market situation in Vancouver? Is the recent recession causing Job cut or scarcity of Job in BC?

radtech23

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/september/2014
Nomination.....
CC charged Nov.25,2014
AOR Received.
PER Dec. 23,2014
File Transfer...
7-3-15 2nd line :)
Med's Request
7-13-15:)
Med's Done....
7-21-15// 3rd line 7-29-15 :)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 4, 2015 :)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 8-15-15 Visa Received 8-28-2015 :)
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time. :)
How much is the cost of a 1 bedroom apartment in Surrey? I am still undecided if me and my family will land in surrey or in edmonton,alberta. My main concern in surrey is the cost of living. Is it truly that expensive to live there? In edmonton my main concern is the weather Because we will be landing in january 2016 and it will be snowing really hard at that time. Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks! :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radtech23 said:
How much is the cost of a 1 bedroom apartment in Surrey? I am still undecided if me and my family will land in surrey or in edmonton,alberta. My main concern in surrey is the cost of living. Is it truly that expensive to live there? In edmonton my main concern is the weather Because we will be landing in january 2016 and it will be snowing really hard at that time. Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks! :)
Why do you think living in Surrey is more expensive than Edmonton? In terms of food prices (especially seafood), I think Surrey is cheaper.

radtech23

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/september/2014
Nomination.....
CC charged Nov.25,2014
AOR Received.
PER Dec. 23,2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
steaky said:
Why do you think living in Surrey is more expensive than Edmonton? In terms of food prices (especially seafood), I think Surrey is cheaper.
I have read in some threads that it is much expensive to live in vancouver than in alberta? Is there any truth to this? That is also the advice that my aunt gave me who lives in vancouver. She told me that the cost of living in vancouver is much higher compared to alberta and for new immigrants, alberta is a much better option due to the cost of living.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radtech23 said:
I have read in some threads that it is much expensive to live in vancouver than in alberta? Is there any truth to this? That is also the advice that my aunt gave me who lives in vancouver. She told me that the cost of living in vancouver is much higher compared to alberta and for new immigrants, alberta is a much better option due to the cost of living.
It depends what you are comparing. For example Gasoline is cheaper in Alberta than BC, however, seafood (especially fresh ones) is cheaper in Vancouver than Calgary or Edmonton.

radtech23

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/september/2014
Nomination.....
CC charged Nov.25,2014
AOR Received.
PER Dec. 23,2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
steaky said:
It depends what you are comparing. For example Gasoline is cheaper in Alberta than BC, however, seafood (especially fresh ones) is cheaper in Vancouver than Calgary or Edmonton.
[/quo

What i want to compare is the overall monthly expenses like rent, groceries, transportation etc.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radtech23 said:
What i want to compare is the overall monthly expenses like rent, groceries, transportation etc.
You can easily conduct your own research through some websites such as craiglist (to compare rent), calgary transit versus translink (to compare public transportation costs) and this supermarket chain to compare grocery prices:

http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/en/