GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
You can get your sin and PR papers at airport on the short term address you are picking up.. Rent a Canada post PO BOX no and then arrange your accommodation and inform concerned authorities.

Gems2511 said:
Hi Arman, thanks for being so quick in your responses :) I'm not sure what I will do in this case then because I do not have a friend/relative to have the PR card sent to. I can't be the only person who lands in Vancouver without a permanent fixed address yet and no friends / family.

Does anyone else on this thread have this problem? Or had this problem?

xo

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
just curious after reading this thread, did u guys move first to surrey then find a job in surrey area? or u guys had secured a job first then move to surrey? how far is it to vancouver if u guys drive from surrey? is it gonna be costly if we get a job in vancouver then live in surrey? thanks

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Greater Vancouver area or lower mainland is something like NCR region in India. It iss well connected through a network of skytrains and public transit. Van has coquitlam, new west, burnaby, richmond, delta, surrey, langley as its neighbors. People live in one area and work or study in the other... Highways have a driving speed of 90 km/hr sometimes 100 and that is why transit is easy.

Surrey has a higher crime rate than other cities but having said it is the favorite spot of immigrants as it is cheaper, bigger and well connected on all sides.... it is the biggest growing city in BC...

I hope that answers your doubt.. Thank you :)

All the best

KoRnnn said:
just curious after reading this thread, did u guys move first to surrey then find a job in surrey area? or u guys had secured a job first then move to surrey? how far is it to vancouver if u guys drive from surrey? is it gonna be costly if we get a job in vancouver then live in surrey? thanks

Gems2511

Dec 13, 2014
Yorkshire, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/14
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER recieved 11/02/2015
Med's Request
14/05/2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Will be 09/05/2016
arman79 said:
Out of curiosity, I am asking you that why have you chosen to land in Vancouver when you don't know anyone in BC ?
Because it's my favourite place in the world, I love Vancouver and I've visited it several times. It's been my dream for 10 yrs. I do have some contacts over there, but people I am getting to know rather than close friends or family so I just wouldn't want any important documents being sent to them etc.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
thanks for your reply, it gives me better picture :D however any other recommendation? burnaby perhaps? is it cheap to get a house there? thanks

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Surrey, Delta, Langley are the cheapest... Rest it depends on your preferences...
KoRnnn said:
thanks for your reply, it gives me better picture :D however any other recommendation? burnaby perhaps? is it cheap to get a house there? thanks

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Gems2511 said:
Because it's my favourite place in the world, I love Vancouver and I've visited it several times. It's been my dream for 10 yrs. I do have some contacts over there, but people I am getting to know rather than close friends or family so I just wouldn't want any important documents being sent to them etc.
Yes Vancouver is nice place... Anyways, you still have lot of time to plan things ahead of your landing (Guess you will be landing in May 2016). Best of Luck...

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
Hello eveyone,

How are you going for flight booking? Online or through agent? I am getting Air France/ British Airways (Mumbai to Vancouver) at about 40000 INR one way with 9 hour haltover at Paris/ Heathrow. Is this good? I was actually thinking to visit these cities during the haltover. Is it allowed? Or would I need a transit visa.

Also, is the luggage movement between flights is managed by the airlines or we have to check in again?

Your thoughts would be really appreciated ;D

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
happy-go-lucky said:
Hello eveyone,

How are you going for flight booking? Online or through agent? I am getting Air France/ British Airways (Mumbai to Vancouver) at about 40000 INR one way with 9 hour haltover at Paris/ Heathrow. Is this good? I was actually thinking to visit these cities during the haltover. Is it allowed? Or would I need a transit visa.

Also, is the luggage movement between flights is managed by the airlines or we have to check in again?

Your thoughts would be really appreciated ;D
You don't need a transit visa for your 9 hour transit stay in Paris airport/heathrow unless you go out of the airport and enter the city...
Your luggage will be taken care by airline at Mumbai Airport and you will receive it at Vancouver airport...

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi seniors

Just few questions on filling out B4 form:

1. What address should I write at "importer address"? My residence's address in Bangladesh or the address where I am going to stay in Canada?
2. Under the head "country of origin" and "country of export", I think I should write Bangladesh. Am I right?
3. On the below of page 1, I am planning to write "signed at____________on___________" and the "signature of the importer" when I will be landing. Is there any problem if I write those by hand as I will type all the other section by computer?

Requesting your reply.
SHSajib

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
SHSajib said:
Hi seniors

Just few questions on filling out B4 form:

1. What address should I write at "importer address"? My residence's address in Bangladesh or the address where I am going to stay in Canada?
2. Under the head "country of origin" and "country of export", I think I should write Bangladesh. Am I right?
3. On the below of page 1, I am planning to write "signed at____________on___________" and the "signature of the importer" when I will be landing. Is there any problem if I write those by hand as I will type all the other section by computer?

Requesting your reply.
SHSajib
1. Importer Address :- Your home country address
2. Country of export :- Your home country
3. You can write with pen or can type post dated and signed with pen.. or u can write with date with pen.. both options are acceptable..

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
arman79 said:
1. Importer Address :- Your home country address
2. Country of export :- Your home country
3. You can write with pen or can type post dated and signed with pen.. or u can write with date with pen.. both options are acceptable..
Thanks a lot arman79

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
Hello everyone :)

I have a question....

As I will be landing permanently with my family, I am going to have a lot of luggage (at least 8 large pieces), how can I take them to my rental/hotel from the airport? Regular Taxi cannot carry so many things...Can we rent minivans from the airport?

Thanks

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear Arman79,

Good day. Regarding about Canada child benefits application,Universal child care benefit, BC early childhood tax benefit as i stayed a few days only stay at Vancouver, please se as per below.

1) To open bank account, need to make appointment? I head from my friend who stay in Richmond say need.

2) After I got SIN from Service Canada and BANK ACCOUNT (in order to fill in the form RC66E and RC66SCH E for DIRECT DEPOSIT), I should send to Surrey Tax Center, 9755 King George Boulevard, Surrey BC, V3T 5E1 by register mail?

3) Can I apply Automatic Benefits Application? Is this only for baby who born in BC?

4) Can I register online under www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount as I dont have income tax file filling and I am a new resident?

Please let me have your idea and advice. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afsun1105 said:
Hello everyone :)

I have a question....

As I will be landing permanently with my family, I am going to have a lot of luggage (at least 8 large pieces), how can I take them to my rental/hotel from the airport? Regular Taxi cannot carry so many things...Can we rent minivans from the airport?

Thanks
Actually a lot of regular taxis are Toyota Siennas - they are minivans!

On a side note, you can also arrange with your hotel for a shuttle pick-ups between airport and hotel.