+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver office.. How long for DM to appear after fingerprint submission

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Fellas,
I have submitted finger prints by end of Aug and done my test on July 22 and still ecase shows in progress. Any one was/ is in similar situation where finger prints was submitted to Vancouver office .. How long do they need to update case to Decision Made?

DBN

Jan 11, 2013
hany_sams said:
Fellas,
I have submitted finger prints by end of Aug and done my test on July 22 and still ecase shows in progress. Any one was/ is in similar situation where finger prints was submitted to Vancouver office .. How long do they need to update case to Decision Made?
We gave the same time frame. My Ecas change to DM on oct/8 . I submitted my fingerprints on july/29

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I have a question??
Did you ask cic for name correction or replace truncated name by full one which the reason why cic send u afingerprints request??
Also have u ordered ATIP before which mentioned anything about your fingerprints request
Thanks

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
FOMARK said:
I have a question??
Did you ask cic for name correction or replace truncated name by full one which the reason why cic send u afingerprints request??
Also have u ordered ATIP before which mentioned anything about your fingerprints request
Thanks
No I haven't asked for name correction or replace truncated name, haven't ordered ATIP but will do soon

xueyi2015

Oct 18, 2015
hany_sams said:
Fellas,
we have very similar dates for both the test and FP, I have not seen any change in my ecase either.

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
From the forum here, seems it takes average of 6-10 weeks nowadays for DM to appear after fingerprint submission but the question is , in this case will CIC need another 3-4 months ( average time from DM to oath letter) to send oath or should they really speed it up for the cases where DM is made too late after test because of finger prints unlike normal cases where DM is made 2-15 days after test.

xueyi2015

Oct 18, 2015
hany_sams said:
No I haven't asked for name correction or replace truncated name, haven't ordered ATIP but will do soon
hany_sams, can ATIP help us to see the progress of our citizenship application?

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Well, I think ATIP may reference the reason, but the reason may not add any helpful info to us I believe. I guessing they may have a matching process using some criteria and our names( fingerprint submitters ) fall under one of these criteria and hence just came up..either DOB match or first/ last name match or we were randomly selected, any of these reasons won't really add material information to us I believe.

I know it's just a painful waiting process but we really should try to adapt to it and not to worry. I wish that everybody in the same situation receive the oath soon and all the best to everybody

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Guys, anybody in the same boat. I'm turning week 11 after submitting my fingerprint and ecase still in progress.. Test is done on July 22....

csqmjj

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
hany_sams said:
Guys, anybody in the same boat. I'm turning week 11 after submitting my fingerprint and ecase still in progress.. Test is done on July 22....
me too FP done in august, no news.
called CIC , agent will check app status just in case it has been 3 month ( so i think you could call)

xueyi2015

Oct 18, 2015
hany_sams said:
Ok, I will call them soon then. Thanks
I have called them, they said my FP was received by the Vancouver office at the end of Aug, and my application is still under processing. Nothing else...

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
there is no expectation on timeline unfortunately.
CSQMJJ and XUEYI2015, I feel that our case will be DM very soon hopefully based on timeline on this forum. Who knows might be this week :D
Fingers crossed :-X

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
My husband got FP request on 2nd week of Aug, sent it on 2nd week of September. Got Decision made today ( checked status today last time I check Thursday morning)