+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Experience

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hello all,

I’m trying to get some information about IRCC office in Vancouver where landing interviews are conducted. Do they contact you via email or telephone to inform us of the landing interview appointment? How long after PPR approval do they normally contact us. Is this a busy office so that the interview date is normally all the way out?

I would appreciate any response.

Mike

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
It seems that the Vancouver office has significant backup. I just got off the phone with an agent who advised me that the Vancouver office has a 3 month backup. As such, Vancouver office has 3 months time to provide me with a landing interview date. Therefore, it seems that Vancouver will take about 4 months from DM to landing.

Any recent inland applicant from Vancouver received notification from IRCC that Vancouver will contact you for landing? If so, how long from DM did Vancouver communicate to you your appointment date for landing?

Thanks.

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
I just learned that Ottowa IRCC office has walk-in hours to complete landing. Just wondering if Vancouver office has one too? We sponsored our infant son and received his COPR two weeks ago. CIC sent an email saying that Vancouver office will contact us to give an appointment date in 90 days.
Another question, we live in Fort St John, BC but can we complete the landing in Edmonton, Alberta again during their walk-in hours if they have one, of course? We are 6.5 hours away from Edmonton but 13 hours from Vancouver.
Thanks

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I just learned that Ottowa IRCC office has walk-in hours to complete landing. Just wondering if Vancouver office has one too? We sponsored our infant son and received his COPR two weeks ago. CIC sent an email saying that Vancouver office will contact us to give an appointment date in 90 days.
Another question, we live in Fort St John, BC but can we complete the landing in Edmonton, Alberta again during their walk-in hours if they have one, of course? We are 6.5 hours away from Edmonton but 13 hours from Vancouver.
Thanks
No. If they say Vancouver, it's Vancouver. No walk-in hours either.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
It seems that the Vancouver office has significant backup. I just got off the phone with an agent who advised me that the Vancouver office has a 3 month backup. As such, Vancouver office has 3 months time to provide me with a landing interview date. Therefore, it seems that Vancouver will take about 4 months from DM to landing.

Any recent inland applicant from Vancouver received notification from IRCC that Vancouver will contact you for landing? If so, how long from DM did Vancouver communicate to you your appointment date for landing?

Thanks.
Yes, that's the backlog.