+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Citizenship Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I am being processed by the Vancouver office as well.
I was OOC in May when completed my test and got the same passport and boarding pass request from the same email address on June 2nd.
I sent the requested scan copies on June 3rd and still waiting for any update since then. No duplicate request so far.
LPP shows in progress, Citizenship not started, last update - in May when Test changed to completed.

I will reply to your message here if I got any update further on. Pls do the same if you hear back from IRCC.
Good luck to us all
I guess lots of us who sent Passport scans to Vancouver and Surrey are still waiting... Not sure what is going on

Don't know what their criteria is either for requesting passport scans... I wasn't out of country and I have a decent margin

canucky87

Jun 19, 2023
Most applicants across Canada get FP requests from Vancouver... In addition to Vancouver IRCC offices that do FP are Montreal, and CPC Sydney However, a majority of people in this forum received it from Vancouver
Thank you for your reply!
So I guess the office that's processing my file is Scarborough then.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I guess lots of us who sent Passport scans to Vancouver and Surrey are still waiting... Not sure what is going on

Don't know what their criteria is either for requesting passport scans... I wasn't out of country and I have a decent margin

yep, sent passport scans February 15 and no progress since then. Not sure what is taking so long, I have only been in and out of UK and US since my PR was issued. I think mine was because I got a new passport between pr and citizenship.
It’s super frustrating to be stuck like this and see people who applied later get their ceremony.

Friendly.

Jun 23, 2023
Hi everyone ,
I guess we are all facing the same situation .
- Vancouver Office.
- Application sent January 27th, 2023
- Background verification status has been updated To Completed March 11,2023
- Test completed April 18th, 2023
- Copy of all passport pages requested May 30th.
- Copies sent the same day ( May 30th).
Nothing since then .
Good luck every body .

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone ,
- Vancouver Office.
Nothing since then .
Good luck every body .
Same. Passport request received on May 30th from Vancouver. Sent the same day. Nothing yet. No update.

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hello, I saw at the tracker that I'm scheduled to attend the oath ceremony at July 5th, but so far I haven't received any emails. When I did the citizenship test, the notice to appear email came from Scarborough Office, so this should be the office that is taking care of my application, right? Because when my fingerprints were requested, the request came from Vancouver office. So I'm a little lost.
Which office do you guys think is processing my application?
You will get an email at least a week before and it will be from any IRCC office in Canada. Usually, citizenship test request is from the processing office.

Friendly.

Jun 23, 2023
Dr. Walden,
I still don’t understand why does IRCC request copy of passport pages ?
Is it a good sign, or just a routine thing ?
Let’s keep updating each other on the progress of the process.
Good luck everybody

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Dr. Walden,
I still don’t understand why does IRCC request copy of passport pages ?
Is it a good sign, or just a routine thing ?
Let’s keep updating each other on the progress of the process.
Good luck everybody
I believe the main purpose of that is to cross-reference, double-check the stamps exiting Canada, entering Canada, and other countries regarding the physical presence. It its a good probable sign that can mean they are probably working on the application. It could also be a semi-bad sign as it might take "like forever" to hear back from IRCC.

Friendly.

Jun 23, 2023
Thanks for your reply brother.
That makes sens to me, especially that I had travelled a lot ( maybe have over 70 stamps ) before Covid due to my international business trips.
I’m not worried about how long it will take, but making sure the passport copy request isn’t that bad . Btw my application is with over 1120 days PP.

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Based on my current experience, if there is anything at all you can do to to take the first oath date offered, do it. My oath was scheduled for 27 May, but I was in the UK for one week to attend my late father-in-law's memorial service. I responded to the oath invitation by email as requested in the oath invitation on the same day I received it (mid-May), setting out my away dates, and after I got back I sent in my boarding passes via the webform to prove the dates of my (short) absence. It's now 22 June and I've heard nothing further. I've seen from other posts that the range of timing for re-scheduled oaths is anywhere from a couple of weeks to months.

My F-I-L's memorial service was on 25 May. I should have attended that and then raced straight back to Canada to make the 27th. I regret that I did not do that. Another applicant who was on virtually exactly the same timeline as me already has her Canadian passport.
An update from me in relation to rescheduling: my application history was updated on 22 June 2023 to "Citizenship Oath: Not started".

I hope that means someone looked at my file and a rescheduled ceremony isn't too far away. Fingers crossed!

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
Something i wish to share with people suffering from the similar delay that's being discussed in this thread.

Here it goes:

Suppose our file is waiting for a passport scan copy check (maybe this is just a formality).

Our file remains pending for 6 months. Then someone picks it up, asks for a passport scan, and then it goes back into a 6 month queue for officer review.

What I have seen personally happening is, if we upload the particular scan via webform in advance, it "can" sometimes make our life easy as when the officer picks up the file, the informaiton he was going to request is already there. Unless, he doesn't even look at what's in the file already.

Ale Ku

Jun 22, 2023
Something i wish to share with people suffering from the similar delay that's being discussed in this thread.

Here it goes:

Suppose our file is waiting for a passport scan copy check (maybe this is just a formality).

Our file remains pending for 6 months. Then someone picks it up, asks for a passport scan, and then it goes back into a 6 month queue for officer review.

What I have seen personally happening is, if we upload the particular scan via webform in advance, it "can" sometimes make our life easy as when the officer picks up the file, the informaiton he was going to request is already there. Unless, he doesn't even look at what's in the file already.
I uploaded the passport scans as an attachment at the moment I was submitting the application.. didn't help in my case – still got a passport scan request. Likely due to being outside of country when I took the test

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
I uploaded the passport scans as an attachment at the moment I was submitting the application.. didn't help in my case – still got a passport scan request. Likely due to being outside of country when I took the test
Yes this is why I reuploaded a fresh copy now again. After I have been long out of Canada. But yes, they might never see it and request it again.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hi everyone ,
- Vancouver Office.
Nothing since then .
Good luck every body .
Wow i applied Feb 2022, timeline in signature but no movement since test in November