+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Citizenship Applicants

Alemm84

Mar 16, 2021
Good afternoon everybody.. is the ircc.Westcitizenship @ CIC email from an office in Vancouver? Thank you for the attention. Have a good day

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Primary office is Sydney but the agent I spoke to last week said my application currently is at the Vancouver office.
As long as RC8090 appears on your application, it’s gonna be a slow one. I am actually regretting applying when I did. I should have applied this year. By now I would have sworn my oath.

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
yeah the only thing Is I will be traveling soon outside Canada so hopefully if there is any oath it will happen after 7th if not I will have to reschedule ….
Based on my current experience, if there is anything at all you can do to to take the first oath date offered, do it. My oath was scheduled for 27 May, but I was in the UK for one week to attend my late father-in-law's memorial service. I responded to the oath invitation by email as requested in the oath invitation on the same day I received it (mid-May), setting out my away dates, and after I got back I sent in my boarding passes via the webform to prove the dates of my (short) absence. It's now 22 June and I've heard nothing further. I've seen from other posts that the range of timing for re-scheduled oaths is anywhere from a couple of weeks to months.

My F-I-L's memorial service was on 25 May. I should have attended that and then raced straight back to Canada to make the 27th. I regret that I did not do that. Another applicant who was on virtually exactly the same timeline as me already has her Canadian passport.

canucky87

Jun 19, 2023
Hello, I saw at the tracker that I'm scheduled to attend the oath ceremony at July 5th, but so far I haven't received any emails. When I did the citizenship test, the notice to appear email came from Scarborough Office, so this should be the office that is taking care of my application, right? Because when my fingerprints were requested, the request came from Vancouver office. So I'm a little lost.
Which office do you guys think is processing my application?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello, I saw at the tracker that I'm scheduled to attend the oath ceremony at July 5th, but so far I haven't received any emails. When I did the citizenship test, the notice to appear email came from Scarborough Office, so this should be the office that is taking care of my application, right? Because when my fingerprints were requested, the request came from Vancouver office. So I'm a little lost.
Which office do you guys think is processing my application?
Most applicants across Canada get FP requests from Vancouver... In addition to Vancouver IRCC offices that do FP are Montreal, and CPC Sydney However, a majority of people in this forum received it from Vancouver

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
Yes in Background verification stage.
Is it common for applicants to go in security screening same way like they did during PR?

I was in security screening for 6 months during my PR application

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Is it common for applicants to go in security screening same way like they did during PR?

I was in security screening for 6 months during my PR application
If you read the Citizenship grant Operations Guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html

Security Clearance granted by CSIS is usually valid for 4 years... just FYI.
CSIS is the same agency that does Security Screening for PR applications as well

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Has anyone received a duplicate passport request?

I received passport request on June 2nd and sent the requested documents the same day. Today I received the exact same passport request.

The request outlines that you have 21 days to submit the documents and so tomorrow will be 21 days since the initial request. I'm guessing they may have missed the documents I sent through three weeks ago and this acts as reminder? Though the new request states I have 21 days.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Has anyone received a duplicate passport request?

I received passport request on June 2nd and sent the requested documents the same day. Today I received the exact same passport request.

The request outlines that you have 21 days to submit the documents and so tomorrow will be 21 days since the initial request. I'm guessing they may have missed the documents I sent through three weeks ago and this acts as reminder? Though the new request states I have 21 days.
I would send it over again responding to the new e-mail... and call and confirm in a couple of days

Also, was it from Vancouver or Surrey IRCC?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
The email address is DNVANBCISTESTS@cic.gc.ca which I assume is Vancouver.

When responded with my documents the first time on June 2nd I received an automated reply right away, but I didn't this time...? :confused:
I received it from Surrey IRCC on May 16. Responded the same day and got an auto reply. I called a week later to follow-up and they said they received it.
When I sent them an e-mail to ask if they received it to the same e-mail - I did not receive an auto reply. I am not sure what their rules are for auto reply... :-/

Ale Ku

Jun 22, 2023
The email address is DNVANBCISTESTS@cic.gc.ca which I assume is Vancouver.

When responded with my documents the first time on June 2nd I received an automated reply right away, but I didn't this time...? :confused:
I am being processed by the Vancouver office as well.
I was out of Canada in May when completed my test and got the same passport and boarding pass request from the same email address on June 2nd.
I sent the requested scan copies on June 3rd and still waiting for any update since then. No duplicate request so far.
LPP shows in progress, Citizenship not started, last update - in May when Test changed to completed.

I will reply to your message here if I got any update further on. Pls do the same if you hear back from IRCC.
Good luck to us all

Last edited: