+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Citizenship Applicants

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
are there are any oath ceremonies happening in person in Vancouver these days ? I have a trip in June I don’t know if I get I will oath before my trip - I really don’t wanna postpone my trip.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
are there are any oath ceremonies happening in person in Vancouver these days ? I have a trip in June I don’t know if I get I will oath before my trip - I really don’t wanna postpone my trip.
You still need to be on Canadian soil even for Virtual oath. If you are travelling domestically, you should be fine but keep a careful eye on the timezone of the oath ceremony

You can see in-person ceremonies here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Virtual oaths are not shown in the above site

Reactions: Zicomatic

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
You still need to be on Canadian soil even for Virtual oath. If you are travelling domestically, you should be fine but keep a careful eye on the timezone of the oath ceremony

You can see in-person ceremonies here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Virtual oaths are not shown in the above site
I was looking into the newly proposed amendments to the Oath Ceremony that could be implemented in June: https://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2023/2023-02-25/html/reg1-eng.html

According to this:

2 Sections 19 to 22 of the Regulations are replaced by the following:

19 (1)
Subject to subsection 5(3) of the Act, a person who is at least 14 years of age on the day on which the person is granted citizenship under subsection 5(1), (2) or (4) or 11(1) of the Act shall, on the invitation of the Minister, take the oath of citizenship, whether in or outside of Canada,

• (a) by the means that are made available or specified by the Minister for that purpose; or
  • (b) before the Minister, a person who is authorized by the Minister in writing to act on the Minister’s behalf or a citizenship judge.
(2) A certificate of citizenship shall be delivered to a person who has taken the oath of citizenship.

20 When a person takes the oath of citizenship under subsection 19(1), they shall sign the form made available by the Minister, certifying that they have taken the oath.

21 The Minister, a person authorized by the Minister in writing to act on the Minister’s behalf as well as a citizenship judge may be the person before whom any person who has been granted citizenship can take the oath of citizenship, and, in such case, the Registrar shall make all necessary arrangements for the purpose of the taking of the oath.
So based on this, in June, if the self-administered oath gets implemented then one could take the oath while they are outside of Canada? Any comments on this one? This was a bit of news to me when I saw this today.

BHDtoYVR

Apr 11, 2023
Thanks - I guess at this time no in person ceremony is happening in BC - I will be travelling outside Canada.
You might be travelling but you won't be able to take part in the oath ceremony if you are outside Canada. The person above said this too and you glossed over this information....

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Just a question regarding ghost updates. Is it for sure that the last updated date is modified ~2 days after they’ve made a change/looked at your file?

my LPP was completed may12. ~2 days after would be 14th. I don’t remember checking on Sunday and I directly checked on may16(current last updated date).

trying to understand if someone looked at my file on Monday

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Just a question regarding ghost updates. Is it for sure that the last updated date is modified ~2 days after they’ve made a change/looked at your file?

my LPP was completed may12. ~2 days after would be 14th. I don’t remember checking on Sunday and I directly checked on may16(current last updated date).

trying to understand if someone looked at my file on Monday
If GCMS update is made on a Friday, it will show up on a Tuesday. Thursday's update may show up on a Saturday(?).... Monday's update shows up 2 days later on Wednesday and so on... Tracker usually a min of 2 days behind GCMS.

They really need to get this sorted and give us updates within 24 ours of GCMS changes or even in real time!

Reactions: bd2017

kootenayboy

May 10, 2023
I’ve been stuck no movement since 10th of January, have requested GCMS notes and called twice. No movement at all. It’s heart breaking when you see and hear of people getting their oaths just after 5 months.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
I’ve been stuck no movement since 10th of January, have requested GCMS notes and called twice. No movement at all. It’s heart breaking when you see and hear of people getting their oaths just after 5 months.
Same, I am waiting for 17+ months. IRCC just busy with 2023 applications and ignore 2021 and 2022 applications.

Reactions: puigi

bartjoy

Oct 23, 2018
I have pretty much the same timeline as you. Passed the test on Jan 13 and no updates since then...

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
March 2022 applicant. After I submitted my fingerprints in December . My background verification was completed today. Waiting on LPP.. hopefully it does not take long