+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Citizenship Applicants

RyanVan

Aug 1, 2020
Of course, got the standard “22months processing blah blah”. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
First, I'm sorry to hear!
I really have no idea how they are expecting people to understanding and accept the average processing time of 22 months! That's NOT a reasonable time frame! I'm in Canada for 9 years before qualifying for a citizenship then I have to wait 22 months for my application to get processed!

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
BTW, May I ask you what kind of documentation was requested with respect to your physical presence?
Of course. For the missing trip to the US, I was asked if I could provide "a flight itinerary or any proof that you may have for how long that trip might have been". I had the flight itinerary in pdf form which showed I was away for seven days, so I sent that in response to the email from IRCC. That was the only documentation requested with respect to my physical presence. My LPP was finalised shortly thereafter.

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
You are a July 2022 applicant. Your oath is way overdue. I hope you can reschedule it for the next convenient date. At least, I am glad the Vancouver office is doing something.
I thought that 4 months after citizenship test was marked complete was about the average that July 2022 application folks were experiencing.

Yes fingers crossed they reschedule quickly. I am disappointed that I will be away, but it's a family funeral so cannot be helped, and the instructions were quite explicit about needing to be physically present in Canada to do a video oath, so rescheduled my oath must be!