+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations.
Please check my timeline for the link to estimate when to expect oath invite. It can range from 3 days to many days.
Thank you, Sam. :)
That is a big encourage. Finger cross for the oath date soon. :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Again, I had some trouble with the existing excel spreadsheet and I have recreated a new file with a new link.

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/1OM0r8v

Cheers! :)

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Applied : March 2014
Test : 4th May 2015
Ecase : Decision made 31st July 2015
Oath: Waiting

BelgoCanadian

Aug 5, 2015
Hi all,

My timeline:
Application sent/received: February 2012
Citizenship test: October 2013

BUT I need some advice here:
I called CIC yesterday, August 4th 2015 and was informed my Citizenship Ceremony was scheduled on May 15th 2015 of which I had no knowledge. The last update on my online application is from October 2013 (The test). My application status changed a few weeks ago to “Decision made” which prompted my phone call as I hadn’t received anything in the mail since I did the test. Additionally, I actually called on May 15th 2015 (the day of my ceremony) and the agent informed me that I would have to wait until further notice as there were no updates. The agent also advised I don't need to call again as CIC would contact me but thank goodness I did contact them again otherwise I would't even my ceremony had come and gone.

My question to you, will I have to wait another 6 months for a ceremony or can I somehow get it expedited? I need to know if I will be able to get a Canadian passport before January 2016 because if I won't, I will need to travel to Montreal to get a new European bio-metric data passport.

Thanks for any help.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i checked my application on line this morning ,i found it ( made decision)it was yesterday in process

i passed the test july 21/2015 , i got 20/20 calgary office

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
We sent you a notice on July 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have a oath ceremony scheduled for Aug 22, 2015 1:00 PM or 1:30 PM. I received a letter from CIC stating that the ceremony was cancelled and I now see that it is listed as a ceremony date on the site :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Location: • Expo Citizenship & Immigration Canada - Ceremony Room Address: Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 8P8 Date: Saturday August 22, 2015 Time: 1:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Cheers,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Seriously I am really frustrated with CIC. They cancelled our oath ceremony because of UNFORESEEN ISSUE two weeks ago and they haven't rescheduled it yet.
Hi SubZero_2,
Was it scheduled in the month of Aug 2015 and was it cancelled because it was scheduled on Saturday. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
Adding myself to the timeline - Coolsamguy - not sure if you can include my details in your spreadsheet please?

Applied : April 29 2014
Test : October 29 2014 (and post test RQ)
ECAS : Decision made July 28 2015

sadeghha

Aug 6, 2015
Hi Guys,
I am new here, and this is my time line:
Applied : November 2014
started processing: December 2014
Test : April 15 2015
ECAS : Decision made, beginning of July 2015

I just have a question that isn't it too long for test to oath waiting time? it is almost 4 months!
Does anyone have a number of Vancouver CIC to call? I have called the main CIC center (1-888-242‑2100) like 5 times and they don't bother to go and check my file! always they ask that has it passed 24 months? I say no, and they say well, you need to wait, we don't need to even go and check your file! the processing time is 24 months! they don't even ask my name to go and check!

I will be happy if someone has a number that they at least look at my file and tell me that what decision made means and how long more should I wait.

Thanks guys in advance!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadeghha said:
Hi Guys,

I just have a question that isn't it too long for test to oath waiting time? it is almost 4 months!
Does anyone have a number of Vancouver CIC to call? I have called the main CIC center (1-888-242‑2100) like 5 times and they don't bother to go and check my file! always they ask that has it passed 24 months? I say no, and they say well, you need to wait, we don't need to even go and check your file! the processing time is 24 months! they don't even ask my name to go and check!

I will be happy if someone has a number that they at least look at my file and tell me that what decision made means and how long more should I wait.

Thanks guys in advance!
Our time is similar. Quite a few other people's oath have been cancelled recently. I think the Vancouver office is trying to rectify this. Apart from that, I think summer is also the reason for the slow down, due to people taking vacation, etc. To be honest, I'm worried too.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sadeghha said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks guys in advance!
I have added your information to the following link:

http://bit.ly/1OM0r8v

You can review it and you can see that there are many people waiting for oath.

sadeghha

Aug 6, 2015
Thanks guys!
Yeah I guess we need to wait and wait more!
Do you think writing a letter to the judge or MP or ... help?
I don't mind waiting but time is really important for me.
I got my dream job finally after 5 years in usa and I told them that I am citizen and with my passport I have work permit there! and they will not wait too much for me! I am really frustrated, don't know what to do :-\

Vrachar

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
AOR Received.
CIO PER: 03-03-2011
File Transfer...
VO Vienna: 25-03-2011
Med's Request
21-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2011
LANDED..........
22-10-2011
Hi guys,

Three days ago my journey finally finished and I became Canadian citizen.

I had my citizenship oath on August 4 in Expo Blvd CIC building. After showing up there, we have been directed to windows (the same ones from test session) where our identity is checked again (driver's lincence and landing paper) and our PR cards are taken. After that, we have been directed to ceremony room (the same one where the test was written). Each person's seat is numbered in advance and your seat number is printed in your oath invitation letter.

After brief introduction, the judge showed up and explained us all rights and obligations of Canadian citizenship. Then, everybody stood up and repeated the oath after the judge in both languages (first in English and then in French). After congratulations and distribution of certificates, everybody stood up again and sang the Anthem. That was the most emotional part of the oath. And the most interesting part of the ceremony to me, because actually only the music of the anthem was emitted by CIC staff and all the words are to be sung by the applicants. Of course, the text of the anthem is provided.

Whole ceremony took around 1.5 hour. My timeline can be seen in my signature bellow.

Wish everybody to experience this very soon! It was unique experience in my life, for sure!

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
Kefz said:
Adding myself to the timeline - Coolsamguy - not sure if you can include my details in your spreadsheet please?

Applied : April 29 2014
Test : October 29 2014 (and post test RQ)
ECAS : Decision made July 28 2015
Just heard - We sent you a notice on August 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM.