+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello folks
did any body received oath invitation? did anybody ecase changed to decision made? please if any body passed the test from Calgary office or another office please tell us about you ecase and frametime?
thank you

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
We sent you a notice on July 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
thecoolguysam said:
my e-cas updated with test invite too
Mine as well. But it is useless...

I still haven't heard back from CIC regarding oath reschedule. Has anybody whose oath got cancelled received oath new invite yet?

aria

Mar 25, 2015
Hi
My e-cas updated with test invite but not updated for oath invitation that received last last week. :eek:

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
Hello Guys,

My e-cas updated with test invitation but not updated for oath invitation

I find that this update is strange, my e-cas has the test invitation previously, but it had it with the wrong date, they corrected the test invitation date, I cannot hide my feeling of confusion.

My timeline:

app received : Sep/ 26th/2014

Start processing: Jan/ 5th/ 2015

Test invitation date: April/ 21/2015

Test taken on: May/ 21/ 2015 at Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd (Vancouver Office)

E-cas updted to Decision made : June/ 16/ 2015

E-cas updated with the test date: July/ 27/ 2015

Oath date: waitinggggg

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
aria said:
Hi
My e-cas updated with test invite but not updated for oath invitation that received last last week. :eek:
e-cas may or may not update. As you already have received your oath letter, you don't need to worry about it. However do keep checking ecas every day to see if you get and update and please let us know the same.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Mr. Jordan said:
Hello Guys,

My e-cas updated with test invitation but not updated for oath invitation

I find that this update is strange, my e-cas has the test invitation previously, but it had it with the wrong date, they corrected the test invitation date, I cannot hide my feeling of confusion.

My timeline:

app received : Sep/ 26th/2014

Start processing: Jan/ 5th/ 2015

Test invitation date: April/ 21/2015

Test taken on: May/ 21/ 2015 at Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd (Vancouver Office)

E-cas updted to Decision made : June/ 16/ 2015

E-cas updated with the test date: July/ 27/ 2015

Oath date: waitinggggg
Could you please exactly tell what does your e-cas state about July 27th?

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Could you please exactly tell what does your e-cas state about July 27th?
@ thecoolguysam

it says:

We sent you a notice on April 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

before July/ 27th it was a wrong date for the test invitation, as following:

3.We sent you a notice on May 06, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

so my simple conclusion is that on July/ 27th there was some agent having a look on my file, I am just guessing, but after all the way CIC agency works remains mysterious and you can never say it follows some certain pattern, there is simply no logic they follow in handling the files, I believe it is just random.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Seriously I am really frustrated with CIC. They cancelled our oath ceremony because of UNFORESEEN ISSUE two weeks ago and they haven't rescheduled it yet.

Nah

Mar 26, 2015
:)
jeune said:
hello folks
did any body received oath invitation? did anybody ecase changed to decision made? please if any body passed the test from Calgary office or another office please tell us about you ecase and frametime?
thank you

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
We sent you a notice on July 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

Hi, My test was 31-July. Did you be asked to sign a white paper while interviewing? It's white and with landscape side. What is that for?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ donnylhk
@ vrachar
@ harvardmpa

Good luck and best wishes for your oath on 4th August 2015.
Please do share your experience after the oath.
Cheers!

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCAS just updates my status from "In Process" to "Decision Made" today. :D Happy !! Finally see some progress !!
But still no sign of oath date yet !

Does anyone have idea how long after the "Decision Made" will we see the oath date setup?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rachelsung said:
My eCAS just updates my status from "In Process" to "Decision Made" today. :D Happy !! Finally see some progress !!
But still no sign of oath date yet !

Does anyone have idea how long after the "Decision Made" will we see the oath date setup?
Congratulations.
Please check my timeline for the link to estimate when to expect oath invite. It can range from 3 days to many days.