+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IN888658S said:
Hi Sam,
I have been receiving CIC notification only through mails (letters). I called the CIC officer today to reschedule my ceremony to a prior date (i.e. before Aug 22nd). There was one slot available on Aug 21st, but she later confirmed that it was taken. She asked if I would fine with Tuesday, Sep 08th and I confirmed it is fine for me. The next available date was Sep 11th. I mentioned to her that I hope it doesn't get cancelled this time. She said it will not. She said only the weekend oath ceremonies in Aug 2015 have been cancelled.

I am now awaiting formal communication of my revised oath date as Sep 08, 2015 1:00 PM. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

Did you speak to the call centre agent or someone at the local cic vancouver office to reschedule the oath?

Also, as you have stated cic has cancelled all the oath ceremonies for weekends in August except the ones during the weekdays in August, is that correct?

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi IN888658S

Does it mean that I can call and ask for my reschedule because my oath on August 8th got cancelled?

Thanks
IN888658S said:
Hi Sam,
I have been receiving CIC notification only through mails (letters). I called the CIC officer today to reschedule my ceremony to a prior date (i.e. before Aug 22nd). There was one slot available on Aug 21st, but she later confirmed that it was taken. She asked if I would fine with Tuesday, Sep 08th and I confirmed it is fine for me. The next available date was Sep 11th. I mentioned to her that I hope it doesn't get cancelled this time. She said it will not. She said only the weekend oath ceremonies in Aug 2015 have been cancelled.

I am now awaiting formal communication of my revised oath date as Sep 08, 2015 1:00 PM. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sam,
Nope, I spoke to the officer who called to inform that my June 12th oath ceremony was cancelled. At that time she mentioned that once everything is cleared, my file will come back to her and she will schedule the oath ceremony for me. I did that today to bring the date forward, but she was able to give a Sep 08th date only. Thanks.

Hi Subzero_2,
Please try calling the Call centre if they are able to reschedule. I don't think they will be able to help. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

harvardmpa

Mar 21, 2015
I got the oath letter on July 20th, my timeline as below:
Test Date: April 13th,2015
Oath Date: Aug.4th,2015

I have a question: My daughter is 8 years old and she got the oath letter too. Does she need to sign those two documents attached with the notice or do I sign them as her mom?

Thanks.

Jul 22, 2015
Hi Subzero_2,

I tried calling the help centre after seeing this; they were not able to give me a new oath ceremony so told me to wait until I get another invite. I was able to black out a period of time though (I'm in Europe for half of September), so they put those dates on my record and said the oath won't be during that time. I hadn't seen this advertised, but it might be useful to anyone who is desperate to get their oath date so it doesn't interfere with travel plans.

Hi IN888658S

Does it mean that I can call and ask for my reschedule because my oath on August 8th got cancelled?

aria

Mar 25, 2015
Nainarvet said:
Many Congrats to people who have recently received oath invites and to Aria for becoming a Canadian citizen finally!

@ IN888658S and others whose oath ceremonies were cancelled: Sorry to hear this and I wish that your oath gets rescheduled very soon!
Thanks Nainarvet, hopefully you guys will get one soon. :)

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK !
Became a Canadian Citizen-Feel proud & good ! :D
Few things about the ceremony- It's easy going & enjoyable. Participate with the flow & you will cherish it.

It feels really confident to be able to have the right to participate in elections & referendums as these culminate to your choice of decisions effecting your environment.
As a PR you were there but NOT there !

All the best & good luck to all awaiting their oath dates.

Proud to say I am Canadian -This is my home now !

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
OK !
Few things about the ceremony- It's easy going & enjoyable. Participate with the flow & you will cherish it.

It feels really confident to be able to have the right to participate in elections & referendums as these culminate to your choice of decisions effecting your environment.

Congratulation, Yukon !! :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harvardmpa said:
I got the oath letter on July 20th, my timeline as below:
Test Date: April 13th,2015
Oath Date: Aug.4th,2015

I have a question: My daughter is 8 years old and she got the oath letter too. Does she need to sign those two documents attached with the notice or do I sign them as her mom?

Thanks.
congratulations on getting oath invite.

I hope someone in this forum who has similar experience can answer the question that you have asked, else you can contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to get the answer to that question.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yukon said:
OK !

Many Congratulations :) Enjoy your new life as a Canadian Citizen :D :) ;)

bubbelbine

May 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test July 9 and today my ecas changed to 'decision made'. That's faster than I thought!

Is the "decision made' change an indicator that an oath invite is following soon?

harvardmpa

Mar 21, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations on getting oath invite.

I hope someone in this forum who has similar experience can answer the question that you have asked, else you can contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to get the answer to that question.
Thanks a lot.

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bubbelbine,
Does it give any other update apart from the change of status to decision made. You could be one of the fastest to receive the oath ceremony in Vancouver :)

Good luck,
IN888658S