+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, there was no reason for cancellation. It was a standard post-it / sticker that CIC had put in the middle of the first page of my letter. The letter was dated July 22nd. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The strange thing is eCAS is updated with the following status. The letter that I received dated July 22, 2015 states that the Ceremony is cancelled. The one that I received prior, i.e. July 11, 2015 asks me to appear for Oath ceremony!

We sent you a notice on July 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

We sent you a notice on July 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

So, the most recent eCAS update (i.e. July 22, 2015) states that the event is still happening, but the letter with the same date states that the ceremony is cancelled!

Regards,
IN888658S

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IN888658S said:
The strange thing is eCAS is updated with the following status. The letter that I received dated July 22, 2015 states that the Ceremony is cancelled. The one that I received prior, i.e. July 11, 2015 asks me to appear for Oath ceremony!

We sent you a notice on July 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

So, the most recent eCAS update (i.e. July 22, 2015) states that the event is still happening, but the letter with the same date states that the ceremony is cancelled!

Regards,
IN888658S
What does the letter state other than what is written on the sticky post?

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The letter is essentially the first page of my notice to appear on Aug 22nd. They have put in a sticker in middle of the page with a yellow stencil block mentioning that the event is cancelled. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IN888658S said:
The letter is essentially the first page of my notice to appear on Aug 22nd. They have put in a sticker in middle of the page with a yellow stencil block mentioning that the event is cancelled. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S
Did you mention your correct email address in the initial application? If yes, did you receive AOR by email?

Most of the people who have their oath cancelled got email cancellation notice. The reason you might have received oath cancellation letter because as your oath was scheduled by end of August (22nd August), cic had enough time to inform you and that's why they opted in to inform you by mail.

For other people who have got oath cancellation email: As their oath was approaching soon that's why cic thought of informing these people by email.

This is just my guess though.

I hope everyone gets their oath invite soon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ yukon
Good luck for your oath tomorrow and my best wishes with you.

@ chin24
Good luck and best wishes to your friend for tomorrow's oath.
Also, I wish and hope that you get your oath invite soon.

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just found out that eCAS only updates on Tuesday. :eek: That means if we do not get status update on Tuesday, then there will be another week of disappointment. :'( This waiting process is really frustrating. I can not even arrange a vacation for August with nothing from CIC yet.

But congrats to all the people who have received oath invites. :)

Finger cross and hope to receive invite soon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rachelsung said:
Just found out that eCAS only updates on Tuesday. :eek: That means if we do not get status update on Tuesday, then there will be another week of disappointment. :'( This waiting process is really frustrating. I can not even arrange a vacation for August with nothing from CIC yet.

But congrats to all the people who have received oath invites. :)

Finger cross and hope to receive invite soon.
Here is the link where it states the ecas updates on Tuesdays:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas

The following link states the cas is updated everyday:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=307&t=3

For myself and other people in this forum, ecas has updated any day during the week.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many Congrats to people who have recently received oath invites and to Aria for becoming a Canadian citizen finally!

@ IN888658S and others whose oath ceremonies were cancelled: Sorry to hear this and I wish that your oath gets rescheduled very soon!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have two friends who took test in early July in Vancouver. They were told by the officer at the end of test that the wait time till oath is 3-5 months.

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sam,
I have been receiving CIC notification only through mails (letters). I called the CIC officer today to reschedule my ceremony to a prior date (i.e. before Aug 22nd). There was one slot available on Aug 21st, but she later confirmed that it was taken. She asked if I would fine with Tuesday, Sep 08th and I confirmed it is fine for me. The next available date was Sep 11th. I mentioned to her that I hope it doesn't get cancelled this time. She said it will not. She said only the weekend oath ceremonies in Aug 2015 have been cancelled.

I am now awaiting formal communication of my revised oath date as Sep 08, 2015 1:00 PM. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IN888658S said:
Hi Sam,
I have been receiving CIC notification only through mails (letters). I called the CIC officer today to reschedule my ceremony to a prior date (i.e. before Aug 22nd). There was one slot available on Aug 21st, but she later confirmed that it was taken. She asked if I would fine with Tuesday, Sep 08th and I confirmed it is fine for me. The next available date was Sep 11th. I mentioned to her that I hope it doesn't get cancelled this time. She said it will not. She said only the weekend oath ceremonies in Aug 2015 have been cancelled.

I am now awaiting formal communication of my revised oath date as Sep 08, 2015 1:00 PM. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S
Congratulations :) I will update the spreadsheet :D

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Here is the link where it states the ecas updates on Tuesdays:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas

The following link states the cas is updated everyday:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=307&t=3

For myself and other people in this forum, ecas has updated any day during the week.
Hi, Sam:

If that is the case, I rather believe eCAS updates DAILY !! That will give me more hope. Thanks for the info.

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I have two friends who took test in early July in Vancouver. They were told by the officer at the end of test that the wait time till oath is 3-5 months.
I took test on April 20th and I was told the wait time for oath is 2-3 months which is overdue and pushing into the 4th month already. It looks like there is a bit of delay now.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ yukon
Good luck for your oath tomorrow and my best wishes with you.

@ chin24
Good luck and best wishes to your friend for tomorrow's oath.
Also, I wish and hope that you get your oath invite soon.
Thanks Sam !