Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Don't worry. You will also receive oath invite soon. For some people in the forum, they received oath invite while e-cas states "In Process"

Check this link to see the people who got oath invite still had "In Process" (Users: tikitaka,rose.1202, guitarhero)
Hi Sam,
Did you imply that some people in this forum got an oath notification when their status were "In process". And then their oath ceremony was cancelled?

I am looking for such cases and their experiences by when they received the second oath notification. I hope I am not the only one experiencing it. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
IN888658S

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IN888658S said:
Hi All,

I was going through the threads in the discussion forum. I received the oath ceremony notification for Jun 12, 2015, while the status if my application was "In process". As per my earlier thread, this oath ceremony was cancelled. It has been 106 days since the date I cleared my Citizenship test. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S
Hi IN888658S,

Sorry to hear that your oath ceremony has been cancelled. The time taken from test to oath for Vancouver office ranges from 3 to 5 months. From that perspective, you're still within the normal time frame. But I understand your concern and disappointment after having progressed to the oath stage and wish that you get your oath invitation very soon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IN888658S said:
Hi Sam,
Did you imply that some people in this forum got an oath notification when their status were "In process". And then their oath ceremony was cancelled?

I am looking for such cases and their experiences by when they received the second oath notification. I hope I am not the only one experiencing it. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
IN888658S
I am sorry to know that. Did you contact the call centre or the local office? Did you verify the reason why your oath was cancelled. Did they state about cancelled and reschedule or just cancelled?

Did you e-cas ever changed to Decision Made? Is the current status of your application "In Process"?
What are the lines on e-cas? Does is state something about sending a correspondence or a letter?

For some people e-cas stayed "In Process" and they received oath letter and after the oath e-cas said "Complete"
For some people e-cas changed to "Decision Made and then they received the oath letter.

For some people e-cas changed to "Decision Made" and within a week changed to "In Process" and then they received the oath letter.

I haven't heard about anyone's oath getting cancelled. Were you the only one whose oath was cancelled or were there other group of people as well whose oath was cancelled?

Some people in this forum got mini RQ CIT0520 after the test (sometimes right after the test and sometimes by mail after the test) I am not sure about RQ though. I think but not too sure but some people might get RQ after the test.

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sam,
I did contact the call centre and the CIC officer who mentioned my oath ceremony was cancelled. But they were not able to provide the reason for cancellation. I asked them if the Ceremony was canceled for all only for me. She mentioned it was for me. the only additional information that was provided to me was her co-worker was looking into my case, and when my file comes back to her, she will reschedule my oath ceremony.

The status still shows in "In Progress", with the update unchanged stating that my oath ceremony is scheduled for Jun 12, 2015. There has been no update since then. I was informed by the call centre that the status will get updated, when the officer has obtained additional information, and they are able to determine what the next step is. If they have have to contact me at that time, they will. I have no option but to wait till they contact me to send me a letter. This wait is very concerning to me. Thanks.

Hi Nainarvet,
As you mention, probably I will have to wait for a little longer, it is just over 3 months now, by another 2 months hopefully I will get to hear from them. Thank-you.

Regards,
IN888658S

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi IN888658S, I'm very sorry about what happened to you. I remember very vaguely someone in Vancouver had oath scheduled but was either cancelled or had other mishap. I tried to search since last night. Just now I found this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t274712.0.html

The first two posts are other people's experience, by leflex and poushi24. Do you have similar situation like name change, address change, or anything?

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi yyzhuang,

Thank you for your response and providing the reference to the post. I also thought that a recent change after taking the test could have been a reason for oath ceremony to be cancelled. In my most recent conversation with the CIC officer (Jun 29), I asked if my renewal of my current passport could be a cause of the oath ceremony cancellation. She said, that they consider the records till the date of the application, so it should not matter. However, she said that when the officer calls me, you can clarify on this if asked. The other recent change was my extended family came in on PR and gave my address as their Canada address for their place to live. I didn't mention about this to the officer though. Not sure if any of these could have been a cause of cancellation. Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
Hi all,

this is my first post in this forum, I applied for Canadian citizenship and I passed my test on(May / 25th) at Vancouver office ( Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd ) at 10:00 AM, and the interview went well, my ECAS changed on (June / 16th) from in process to Decision Made and it is still DM ever since.

When I click the Decision Made to see the details, there is new updates other than the Citizenship test Notice, nothing else is there, no further updates.

would anyone has a clue why it takes so long and no new updates yet?

My Timeline:

Application received: September/ 26th/ 2014
Started processing: January/ 5th/ 2015
test date: May / 21st / 2015 (Passed)
ECAS changed on (June / 16th) to Decision Made

Also how can I add my time line? how can I make(establish) a new thread in this forum cause I am new and this my first post.? how can I put logo beside my name?

Thanks to you all in advance.

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mr. Jordan,

I am a newbie here, but based on this thread, I know the avg wait time from test to oath ceremony is about 85 days, based on the data provided by the participants in this thread. Please look for a link that opens a spreadsheet of dates captured for this average timeline.

I don't know how to add the timeline or establish a new thread in this forum. Please look for more help from the experienced members (e.g. Sam) in this forum. Thank you.

Hi Sam,
Could you please advise Mr. Jordan. Thank you.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sam,

I noticed that in one of the threads the following was mentioned.

9. Police certificate(s) (as required)

For any country, other than Canada, where you were present for six (6) months or longer (cumulative) during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, you are required to provide a police certificate for that country.

I was in the U.S. for more than 183 days during the 4 years immediately preceding the application, but missed to submit my PCC with the application inadvertently. I am wondering this has caused them to cancel my oath ceremony. If this is the case, I think I would have not reached to the citizenship test. Thoughts, please. Thanks.

Now that I know that this could be the missing information, could you please advise what should I do next. Should I wait for CIC to call me up or should I apply for US PCC in advance and provide it to them. Thank you.

Regards
IN888658S

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi IN888658S, the police certificate applies to people who apply after June 11, when Bill C-24 came into effect. It's one item included in the new application form. The form before June 11 does not have this.

The spread sheet Mr. Jordan is looking for is here https://goo.gl/BXGEHZ Sam has the permission to edit this.

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi yyzhuang,

The sheer timing of the cancellation of my oath ceremony makes me believe that it could be related to Bill C-24. My oath ceremony was scheduled and cancelled on June 12th and this bill came into effect on June 11th. I also read the thread where in one of the posts by dpenabill mentions "It warrants noting that the new prohibitions provisions apply to ALL applicants, even those whose application was in process prior to June 11, 2015."

See post "police-certificate-requirement-for-countries-where-an-individual-spent-6-months" in this group.

So, it is likely that this bill could be a cause of my oath ceremony being cancelled. I was working in the US for over 250 days in the 4 year period immediately preceding my date of application, so CIC could be doing FBI checks and perhaps this is the additional information that they are looking for. They can't request it from me, as it was not a requirement in the application form prior to June 11th. However, the Bill may be mandating them to do it, and they may be doing it based on the verbiage on "Citizenship act' provided in the application form - where the information could be shared with foreign government in accordance to the privacy act.

If they are indeed requesting Police Clearance from FBI, I think I will have to wait for at least 13 - 14 weeks from when they called me. That would be a good 3 months from June 2015. So, I don't expect them to respond before end of Aug 2015. At least, I can live with this in mind! :)

Regards,
IN888658S

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
IN888658S said:
Hi Mr. Jordan,

I am a newbie here, but based on this thread, I know the avg wait time from test to oath ceremony is about 85 days, based on the data provided by the participants in this thread. Please look for a link that opens a spreadsheet of dates captured for this average timeline.

I don't know how to add the timeline or establish a new thread in this forum. Please look for more help from the experienced members (e.g. Sam) in this forum. Thank you.

Hi Sam,
Could you please advise Mr. Jordan. Thank you.

Regards,
IN888658S
Thank you IN888658S, I appreciate your help.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@IN888658S

All I can say is that CIC would only know the reason why your oath was cancelled.
I think your passport renewal or your family coming as pr or the requirement for pcc has no effect on your citizenship application. PCC is required for new application since June 11th 2015. It was not the requirement before.

All you need to do is to patiently wait and keep following up with cic for any updates.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@Mr. Jordan'

Hello and Welcome to the forum!
Was your test on 21st May or 25th May?
I have added your details to the following spreadsheet:
https://goo.gl/BXGEHZ

Usually the oath is scheduled between 2-3 months after the test.

Click on "Profile" on Top Right Corner
Click on "Forum Profile Information" on the left
You can change your picture under "Personalized Picture:"
Under "Signature:" you can write your timeline.

For posting a new topic click on " NEW TOPIC" on the top right corner of the forum.