Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Hi All,

Has anyone got any thoughts on the Coquitlam area of Vancouver?

1. I have 2 children (aged 2 and 4) who will need to go to school and we'd like to be in a catchment area for the better schools if possible
2. I'll be working in downtown Vancouver and would like to be within walking distance (up to 20 mins) of one of the stations that can get me here

Would appreciate any thoughts and advice

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Coquitlam, you can consider living in the area around Lincoln station of the new Evergreen sky train Line which is scheduled to be complete end of this year. There are a lot of high-rise condo, low rise apartment, town house and single homes to choose from. For school ranking, you can look at fraser institute . org.

There is one IKEA in the area and many furniture shops.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
steaky said:
In Coquitlam, you can consider living in the area around Lincoln station of the new Evergreen sky train Line which is scheduled to be complete end of this year. There are a lot of high-rise condo, low rise apartment, town house and single homes to choose from. For school ranking, you can look at fraser institute . org.

There is one IKEA in the area and many furniture shops.
Thanks Steaky

What's the commute like to downtown from there and also how much high-rise and low rise apartments are there, I'm not keen to move to a really built up area I'd prefer a house in a more suburban area. thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
COPRQuestion said:
Thanks Steaky

What's the commute like to downtown from there and also how much high-rise and low rise apartments are there, I'm not keen to move to a really built up area I'd prefer a house in a more suburban area. thanks
35 mins driving to downtown if no traffic. Skytrain about 45 mins. There are about 11 high rise towers and 20 (maybe more but I lose count) low-rise apartments out there. There are still a lot of single houses within the 20mins radius of Lincoln Station / Coquitlam Central station / Douglas Station. If you don't want to move in a really built up area, you can also consider Burquitlam station on the boundary between Burnaby and Coquitlam, where currently there are about 5 high-rise towers, some townhouse neighborhoods and a lot of single houses.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
steaky said:
35 mins driving to downtown if no traffic. Skytrain about 45 mins. There are about 11 high rise towers and 20 (maybe more but I lose count) low-rise apartments out there. There are still a lot of single houses within the 20mins radius of Lincoln Station / Coquitlam Central station / Douglas Station. If you don't want to move in a really built up area, you can also consider Burquitlam station on the boundary between Burnaby and Coquitlam, where currently there are about 5 high-rise towers, some townhouse neighborhoods and a lot of single houses.
Thanks steaky, will be there next week so want to scope out some locations and potential property