+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
So last week I received a passport request from Vancouver IRCC and today, I received another passport request and this time it's for my passport that expired in 2016.

This time, they didn't mentioned if non English/French stamps must be officially translatted and it wasn't even as an attachment but only written as a normal email with a text in its body. It's ridiculous as how do they expect me to be in possession of my passport that expired more than 5 years ago! Luckily I found a scan copy of this passport in my files (as I used it to apply for Working Holiday to Canada in 2014).

IRCC should already have this copy in their system however they requested it again... I have a feeling like they try to make my application as complicated as possible :(

(as always, my timeline is in the signature section below)
No interview for you then? I assume

Ali G

Nov 12, 2020
So last week I received a passport request from Vancouver IRCC and today, I received another passport request and this time it's for my passport that expired in 2016.

This time, they didn't mentioned if non English/French stamps must be officially translatted and it wasn't even as an attachment but only written as a normal email with a text in its body. It's ridiculous as how do they expect me to be in possession of my passport that expired more than 5 years ago! Luckily I found a scan copy of this passport in my files (as I used it to apply for Working Holiday to Canada in 2014).

IRCC should already have this copy in their system however they requested it again... I have a feeling like they try to make my application as complicated as possible :(

this is insane....

Reactions: Anford

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
They've been changing the workflow a bit. Instead of a complete interview over MS teams, they are now only requesting passport pages from applicants (this has been going on for a little over 2 weeks now).
Oh ok! Thanks! Btw this just shows how unlucky I am once again... instead of having an interview which would cost me $0, I must now have my passport stamps officialy translated so it's going to cost me close to $300 :(

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Oh ok! Thanks! Btw this just shows how unlucky I am once again... instead of having an interview which would cost me $0, I must now have my passport stamps officialy translated so it's going to cost me close to $300 :(
try docsbase. They're prices are very reasonable and they're quite fast.

Reactions: Anford

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Which number do you guys use to call IRCC now, it seems they change the Menu and it seems like there is no option to get status of the application anymore

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020

May I ask around how many absences you had from canada ? Like 20+
exits?

just wondering if they are unfairly scrutinizing more on people that travelled more often .

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
May I ask around how many absences you had from canada ? Like 20+
exits?

just wondering if they are unfairly scrutinizing more on people that travelled more often .
So I've lived in Canada since 2014 and yeah I've had about 20 absences... But in the past 10 years since I was 18, I've travelled into approx 40 countries. IRCC has this info as I've told them when applying for PR and I believe they also needed this list when applying for citienship (I'm not sure though as that's how long it's been since I applied so I already forgotten).

Reactions: JHT

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
FYI I just checked my status online and I'm finally scheduled for Oath. I haven't received any email yet but it says I'm scheduled for July 14th (Vancouver applicant).

Citizenship oath activity status updated in the system: July 2, 2021
Oath Ceremony: July 14, 2021

Details in my signature below.