28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
khowe said:
This is the one I have been using: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r12hInKPCh1gYu4hPgkplRyqCwX-SwP017cOHZW_nxg/edit#gid=3
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this one, as well as June (unlikely that I'll still send the application in May) whenever someone creates it. :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
It seems to be Vancouver is moving faster in terms of test invites. I looked at various tracking excel sheets and figured out the general timeline. In general after submitting the application, it is taking 3 to 4 months for the test invite, however, oath schedule seems to be from 2-4 months in general.
Good luck to all.

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
???
I've been checking the CIC website weekly to see when my file will be transferred to a local office (it says "in process " since April 1st). I finally callled CIC today and the agent said it's not relevant and that is an old line that used to show but its no longer relevant. She kept talking about needing 24 months before they take action. I tried to explain to her that I don't need any action taken, I was just wondering if their system showed it as being transferred to a local office. She asked none of my information (as she would not look it up) and kept stating it's not relevant and only after 24 months will they look at anything. Has anyone else heard this??? I see so many others on here have "transferred to local office" and I'm confused.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
bamm1995 said:
???
I've been checking the CIC website weekly to see when my file will be transferred to a local office (it says "in process " since April 1st). I finally callled CIC today and the agent said it's not relevant and that is an old line that used to show but its no longer relevant. She kept talking about needing 24 months before they take action. I tried to explain to her that I don't need any action taken, I was just wondering if their system showed it as being transferred to a local office. She asked none of my information (as she would not look it up) and kept stating it's not relevant and only after 24 months will they look at anything. Has anyone else heard this??? I see so many others on here have "transferred to local office" and I'm confused.
Unfortunately eCAS is not update regularly and call centre agents are not a reliable point of information (depending on who you get when you call). When you get an agent like that, the best thing to do is not to argue with them, hang up and call back. Hopefully you will get a more helpful agent on the call back.

Ray

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
Hey everyone I need some help - could anyone tell me what the AOR letter says? Does it have anything about interview dates, invite, etc?
I never received one and I'm getting concerned that I might have missed something. My ECAS timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
AndreUK said:
Hey everyone I need some help - could anyone tell me what the AOR letter says? Does it have anything about interview dates, invite, etc?
I never received one and I'm getting concerned that I might have missed something. My ECAS timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015.
Its a standard email that states your application number and the link to discover canada book and some more information.
It does not have any test date.
As you can access e-cas, it means that your application is already "In Process". You may call the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to confirm if they can resend the AOR.

Also check your junk email folder to see if you have received the AOR. If you have photocopy of your application then check that to see if you have mentioned your email address correctly or not.

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
Unfortunately eCAS is not update regularly and call centre agents are not a reliable point of information (depending on who you get when you call). When you get an agent like that, the best thing to do is not to argue with them, hang up and call back. Hopefully you will get a more helpful agent on the call back.

Ray

Thank you! I'll keep trying.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I apologize if this has already been addressed. I am wondering how much time or advanced notice do you get with your test notification?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
member012 said:
I apologize if this has already been addressed. I am wondering how much time or advanced notice do you get with your test notification?
It depends upon office to office the letter issued for test invite can reach as early as 1 month and as late as 1 week before the test. On an average it would be 10 to 15 days.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply to my question.

I am curious if anyone who has taken the test was surprised by a question on that test?

Thanks again.