Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
u4g5 said:
passed, passed, passed, passed test on USA thanksgiving!
feel very thankful and fortunate and now join the waiting-for-oath group now.
;D

Congratulations u4g5

One last step to go.... Hopefully you won't wait much longer and that you receive the oath letter very soon .

Good luck!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know how often and in which months
CIC sets up an office in Prince Georg.

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got a letter for Oath... It's on 15th December.

What is the process after Oath? Guess I get a Citizenship certificate and then I have to apply for Canadian Passport?

I have to give up my Indian citizenship and apply for PIO as well....

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manachinu said:

What is the process after Oath? Guess I get a Citizenship certificate and then I have to apply for Canadian Passport?

Congrats! when did you take the test? Did it actually take you more than 3months to get the oath letter?

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
manachinu said:

Congrats! I became a Canadian citizen last Tuesday 25th of Nov. The MC in the oath ceremony told us that we can already apply for passport today(Friday) but I feel like lazy now to have my passport photo done. I'm thinking applying next weekend.

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grape70 said:
Congrats! when did you take the test? Did it actually take you more than 3months to get the oath letter?
Test Date 17th Sep
Oath Date 15th Dec

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to prepare Passport application and try completing the process after Oath. I already booked that day off might as well make use of it.

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
manachinu said:
I am going to prepare Passport application and try completing the process after Oath. I already booked that day off might as well make use of it.

Congratulations... good idea :)

Good luck!

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Congratulations... good idea :)

Good luck!
Only thing i worry is the legal name. My name on passport and Legal name in Canada are different. I had put all this info in the application but the letters still keep coming in my passport name.

I might have to deal with that based on what they write on the citizenship certificate.

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
manachinu said:
Only thing i worry is the legal name. My name on passport and Legal name in Canada are different. I had put all this info in the application but the letters still keep coming in my passport name.

I might have to deal with that based on what they write on the citizenship certificate.
Exactly, the name Must be the same as that appearing on the proof of Canadian citizenship (certificate of birth in Canada or certificate of Canadian citizenship).
you can request that not all your given names be used in your passport, or that names be inverted, as long as your supporting identity document contains the name you would like to appear. In addition, the names listed on identity documents must be identical to the ones you want in your passport, and in the same order.

Good luck!

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Exactly, the name Must be the same as that appearing on the proof of Canadian citizenship (certificate of birth in Canada or certificate of Canadian citizenship).
you can request that not all your given names be used in your passport, or that names be inverted, as long as your supporting identity document contains the name you would like to appear. In addition, the names listed on identity documents must be identical to the ones you want in your passport, and in the same order.

Good luck!
I have a legal name change document for canada, plan to use that along with the citizenship certificate for applying passport.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
manachinu said:
I have a legal name change document for canada, plan to use that along with the citizenship certificate for applying passport.
when i went through legal name change in canada, i also got my country's passport with new name changed according to my country's process of name change and now my all ids have new name.

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Hi everyone.

Just reading all the timelines from test to oath and would like to share my experience.

My application was pretty routine I think and only waited three weeks from my test date until my oath date, which is tomorrow. Hopefully things are starting to run a little quicker for some of you waiting for an oath letter.

Still haven't received my letter in the mail though :eek:

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
Félicitations! when did you write your test?

jacquevw said:
Hi everyone.

Just reading all the timelines from test to oath and would like to share my experience.

My application was pretty routine I think and only waited three weeks from my test date until my oath date, which is tomorrow. Hopefully things are starting to run a little quicker for some of you waiting for an oath letter.

Still haven't received my letter in the mail though :eek: