+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

AndrewE

Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my Oath Invitation today. So excited! :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 17, 2014.

We sent you a notice on September 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

A couple of questions:

1) After the oath, is there a time frame within which I must apply for a passport? My wife who filed a separate application is still waiting for her test invitation and we might want to apply for passports at the same time if that option is open.

2) When and where do you surrender your current passport/citizenship?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndrewE said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 17, 2014.

We sent you a notice on November 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

A couple of questions:

1) After the oath, is there a time frame within which I must apply for a passport? My wife who filed a separate application is still waiting for her test invitation and we might want to apply for passports at the same time if that option is open.

BIG CONGRAZZ ANDREW!!! YOU GIVE FUTURE TEST TAKER HOPE THAT IT WONT TAKE 4-6 MONTHS FOR OATH.
PLS COME BACK TO SHARE EXPERIENCE AFTER DEC 11

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndrewE said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Canada imposes any regulation related to your current citizenship. To my knowledge, nothing prevents you from keeping dual (multiple) citizenship on the Canadian side.

The country of your 1st citizenship may have its own regulations, which may prevent you from keeping its passport after receiving another citizenship, but, in this case, the rules of that country (not Canada) will determine how and when you should surrender your citizenship.

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone who took test in September get Oath date yet? I see someone with October already got Oath for December 5th...

I cleared my test on 17th September.. Still no Oath letter.. Is there some place I can follow up?

Thanks.

paniz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2009
Doc's Request.
26-03-2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-06-2009 & 23-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-07-2009 & 09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
manachinu said:
Did anyone who took test in September get Oath date yet? I see someone with October already got Oath for December 5th...

I cleared my test on 17th September.. Still no Oath letter.. Is there some place I can follow up?

Thanks.
Did the test August 14th, still waiting !!! and have sent 3 faxes to Vancouver office noticed about my government job position which was applied and short trip during Christmas holidays.

But NOBODY care !!! :mad:

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paniz said:
Did the test August 14th, still waiting !!! and have sent 3 faxes to Vancouver office noticed about my government job position which was applied and short trip during Christmas holidays.

But NOBODY care !!! :mad:
ppl took test in July r still waiting. should be sometime in jan if nothing happen after 2nd week of december

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This may be obvious, but, just in case, 2 things that may help to understand the situation with delayed Oath letters:

- Make an "Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) request" at CIC website. The request process is super simple. Google the name of the request - open the online system; fill out the online request form; ask for information using the "Privacy Act" (not Access to Information Act); choose Citizenship file - notes in electronic form. It will take you a month, but you will have a lot more information after CIC emails you the file.

- Call the CIC call centre and ask a specific question "has a decision been made - is my file approved for the Oath ?". Otherwise, if you simply ask for an update, the answer might be "nothing new" because an approval of the file is not considered to be an "event" - it's a preliminary step to the Oath letter (which is an "event" that is reported to you via ECAS or over the phone).

Probably, you already did both of these things, but I just wanted to make sure...

Good Luck!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
manachinu said:

Thanks.

Maybe you should consider requesting ATIP, it will tell you if your file was approved, otherwise if there are any concerns were raised by the officer assigned to your file it will show as well

Good luck!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passed, passed, passed, passed test on USA thanksgiving!
feel very thankful and fortunate and now join the waiting-for-oath group now.
;D

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
u4g5 said:
passed, passed, passed, passed test on USA thanksgiving!
feel very thankful and fortunate and now join the waiting-for-oath group now.
;D
Congratz u4g5, I hope you get oath invite soon.
Me & wifey will take the test on Dec 10th, 8:19AM
Scary precision eh? I wonder if we're not admitted arriving at 8:18 or 8:20 :eek:
Fingers crossed, knees shaking, counting days.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kubik said:
Congratz u4g5, I hope you get oath invite soon.
Me & wifey will take the test on Dec 10th, 8:19AM
Scary precision eh? I wonder if we're not admitted arriving at 8:18 or 8:20 :eek:
Fingers crossed, knees shaking, counting days.
they dont let anyone in until 8 sharp so u want to get there by 7:50 something. and the test started at round 8:25, a staff will explain about the procedure. The questions r not difficult, and i overstudied but still got 1 wrong.
anyway, gd luck. enjoy the chat with officer. They r nice, and if you didnt travel much, you will be out of there b4 9:30

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
when did you submit your application?

u4g5 said:
they dont let anyone in until 8 sharp so u want to get there by 7:50 something. and the test started at round 8:25, a staff will explain about the procedure. The questions r not difficult, and i overstudied but still got 1 wrong.
anyway, gd luck. enjoy the chat with officer. They r nice, and if you didnt travel much, you will be out of there b4 9:30

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy friday, hope for good news for Vancouver applicants!!!!!!!!
enjoy the sun when you can!