27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
A.Sh. said:
This is very unexpected (at least for me) - is my understanding correct that you already received you Oath invitation via regular mail, but there was no information about this invitation in the "Client Application Status" report of the CIC website?

Also, congratulations with the upcoming citizenship ceremony!
Thank you, yes, I got the invitation in the mail and there was nothing on ecas.

However, Just checked ecas and it has been updated with the oath invitation now.

dalton

Apr 5, 2010
I'm getting worried something is up with mine. Still no news :( How much notice are people getting for the test? Is it enough time to study? Also what the storey with people being transferred ;?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 30, 2014.

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalton said:
I'm getting worried something is up with mine. Still no news :( How much notice are people getting for the test? Is it enough time to study? Also what the storey with people being transferred ;?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 30, 2014.
I got my test date a year after they started processing my application...you have quite the ways to go yet. I wouldn't even look for the test until next spring. I took it upon myself to look over the book every month and then the last few weeks right before the test (when I got notice) I studied a lot more with online tests and such but since I had looked the book over it wasn't too hard to study. I got a months notice before the test so that is enough to study for.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I finally became citizen today! There were 78 citizens with 2 absences from 24 countries! It was a very smooth process, where in they only checked PR card, landing document and oath notice.
I recited oath both in French and English! My journey to become Canadian has come to an end. I wholeheartedly thank this thread and this forum for all the help and support!
I wish all of you a speedy processing!!

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Hi Guys,

I finally became citizen today! There were 78 citizens with 2 absences from 24 countries! It was a very smooth process, where in they only checked PR card, landing document and oath notice.
I recited oath both in French and English! My journey to become Canadian has come to an end. I wholeheartedly thank this thread and this forum for all the help and support!
Congrat Bro. So happy for you

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
canucksrig said:
Hi Guys,

Congrats canuckS!! They took away your PR Card for good? thx.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamedsilent said:
Congrat Bro. So happy for you
Thanks Hamed! Hoping to hear good news from your end soon as well!
@steel detailer yupe they take away the PR card!

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Thanks Hamed! Hoping to hear good news from your end soon as well!
@ steel detailer yupe they take away the PR card!
Just purely out of interest, I am assuming you took the oath at Expo Blvd? Do you do the oath in the same room as where you took your test?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
Just purely out of interest, I am assuming you took the oath at Expo Blvd? Do you do the oath in the same room as where you took your test?
yes pedros. That is the ceremony room.

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know, how much time it usually takes between the grant of a decision (i.e. when your file is cleared for the Oath) and the scheduling of an Oath ceremony in Vancouver?

I can see that, so far, CIC website has information about the ceremonies that will take place until Dec 1st, so I am wondering whether we still have a chance to be invited to one of the subsequent ceremonies before the holidays.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.Sh. said:
Does anyone know, how much time it usually takes between the grant of a decision (i.e. when your file is cleared for the Oath) and the scheduling of an Oath ceremony in Vancouver?

I can see that, so far, CIC website has information about the ceremonies that will take place until Dec 1st, so I am wondering whether we still have a chance to be invited to one of the subsequent ceremonies before the holidays.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
If this helps:
It took them 1.5 months in my case. citizenship application approved (granted) 25th Sep, mail for oath on 24th Nov sent on 5th Nov.

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
If this helps:
It took them 1.5 months in my case. citizenship application approved (granted) 25th Sep, mail for oath on 24th Nov sent on 5th Nov.
Thank you! It does help a lot. The only difference between our cases might be that my office is Vancouver.

Anyone from Vancouver?