+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
FREEZING COLD WEATHER, BUG HOPEFULLY THE JOURNEY WILL END WHEN SPRING COMES! THEN TRAVEL WITH CANADIAN PASSPORT NEXT SUMMER.
I miss this thread..

I don't really have friends in VisaJourney Forum :(

Lol.. Have a good weekend everyonE!

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my ATIP ..which I thought would be funny if it happened after getting citizenship and it did :) I can't deceiver all of the info. but wanted to say it took exactly a month to get it (email,) and also I notice in it that the 'update dates' are sometimes postdated for the 25th of this month..hmm..curious on how they are in the future ;)

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Friends,

This is my time line. They changed my name on my request, now I am waiting for that test but no news yet. Any idea....I am from Vancouver.
Thanks

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Friends,

This is my time line. They changed my name on my request, now I am waiting for that test but no news yet. Any idea....I am from Vancouver.
Thanks

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Hey Mark_Anna. Here is my timeline for your calmness..
Application rcvd - March 2014
Process started - April
LOT (Vancouver) - July
Test....
As per CIC - the file is approved and awaiting for test invite, no RQ or smth..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Pel said:
Hey Mark_Anna. Here is my timeline for your calmness..
Application rcvd - March 2014
Process started - April
LOT (Vancouver) - July
Test....
As per CIC - the file is approved and awaiting for test invite, no RQ or smth..
Do you have any idea why they haven't invited you to the test after so long? Like maybe your application is not so straight forward, country of origin, ever had problem with RCMP or other immigration problem, ever applied before, unemployment, etc?

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
BLT said:
Do you have any idea why they haven't invited you to the test after so long? Like maybe your application is not so straight forward, country of origin, ever had problem with RCMP or other immigration problem, ever applied before, unemployment, etc?
No, it's all straight forward, no issues at all (no criminal records, no problems with law etc..) I've been employed since we moved to Canada on 2010 (no unemployment gaps at all). My file looks alike my wife's one, unless she had applied 3 month after I did, but she has already passed her test and interview on October (with no issues) and now she's waiting for the oath invitation. As per CIC my file looks good with no issues at all.
I've ordered the ATIP though..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Pel said:
No, it's all straight forward, no issues at all (no criminal records, no problems with law etc..) I've been employed since we moved to Canada on 2010 (no unemployment gaps at all). My file looks alike my wife's one, unless she had applied 3 month after I did, but she has already passed her test and interview on October (with no issues) and now she's waiting for the oath invitation. As per CIC my file looks good with no issues at all.
I've ordered the ATIP though..
Then it's a lottery.
Btw, is you country of origin the same with your wife? I suspect that country of origin plays a role.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
BLT said:
Then it's a lottery.
Btw, is you country of origin the same with your wife? I suspect that country of origin plays a role.
It's the same country. I agree, it's a lottery game. I also heard that the first letter of last name plays some role)) Like the more it's common the longer it takes to process your file. Who knows :)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Pel said:
It's the same country. I agree, it's a lottery game. I also heard that the first letter of last name plays some role)) Like the more it's common the longer it takes to process your file. Who knows :)
No, nothing to do with the last name. I thought it's because of country of origin, but since your wife is the same with you, then this also doesn't make sense. It could be the person that is working on your application. Some people just work normally while some think "if we can make it difficult, why should we make it easy for you?".

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
BLT said:
No, nothing to do with the last name. I thought it's because of country of origin, but since your wife is the same with you, then this also doesn't make sense. It could be the person that is working on your application. Some people just work normally while some think "if we can make it difficult, why should we make it easy for you?".
Yeah.. I think that's the reason

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Yeah, looks like some people who applied in March in Vancouver have their files given to a slow case processor. Timeline for Pel and I are very close. Mine is straight forward too, still waiting for the test invite. It is a lottery...:(

Ray

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
I received my official invite today, only problem is it states that I should bring a PR card with me. The thing is, I sent my expired PR card with my PR card renewal (which is taking ages). Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks.

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
Yeah, looks like some people who applied in March in Vancouver have their files given to a slow case processor. Timeline for Pel and I are very close. Mine is straight forward too, still waiting for the test invite. It is a lottery...:(

Ray

My ATIP shows that the decision for my test/citizenship was made in Dec 2013, and that they decided two-three months before my citizenship test when it would be..its just very delayed..I didn't get test until June so took them a long time.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
OATH DATE ARRIVED IN THE POST TODAY!!!!! :eek:

5th December! Yay! What a great Christmas present!