+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can any October test takers share their experiences? such as test questions and interview questions/process.
thanks a lots!

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks guys! im a canadian now! the oath went really smooth. no interviews. they just asked for passport, letter of notice to appear and id. no original documents were asked.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Took my test in Vancouver today with my son and we both passed. ;D

They said it would be 3 to 5 months before we were sent an oath notice. The interview was very easy as our file is very straight forward.

I am so relieved that part of our journey is now over and we just have to wait for the oath. 8)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
blestcheche said:
thanks guys! im a canadian now! the oath went really smooth. no interviews. they just asked for passport, letter of notice to appear and id. no original documents were asked.

So you are a Vancouver applicant, and for some reason CIC transferred your file to Calgary office that invited you to a test and oath in the same day in Vancouver. Is that right?!

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
So you are a Vancouver applicant, and for some reason CIC transferred your file to Calgary office that invited you to a test and oath in the same day in Vancouver. Is that right?!
yes but the test and oath were done in castlegar bc not vancouver with calgary immigration staff facilitating. im not the only one. all 58 applicants were vancouver applicants originally but were transferred to calgary. we all took the test and oath today.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I want to be transferred too, so I can get test and oath at the same day ;D. I don't mind traveling, even to Calgary, or any province.
Btw, Congratulation...

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Looks like Vancouver is on turbocharged engine now. Our colleagues in Eastern part are given oath letter right away after test, but here we are given oath right away after test. Yesss, Vancouver.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
blestcheche said:
yes but the test and oath were done in castlegar bc not vancouver with calgary immigration staff facilitating. im not the only one. all 58 applicants were vancouver applicants originally but were transferred to calgary. we all took the test and oath today.

Congratulations once again new fellow Canadian. The Conservatives want our votes on the coming elections, and that is why they are solving the backlog in the immigration file. They are doing so when they, at the same time, made the worst immigration laws ever!

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 now that you are Canadian can you please call your government to decrease the processing time for the people waiting for oath in Vancouver ? This will help us all :p Thank you 8)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Oct13 now that you are Canadian can you please call your government to decrease the processing time for the people waiting for oath in Vancouver ? This will help us all :p Thank you 8)

strongly suggest that we r given oath right after passing test/interview, pls!!!!!!!!!!

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
So I finally got my oath Invite letter today. Its a total of 4 pages. 1 for the Oath invite another one is where the oath that we would recite is written. There are two other forms to sign. One for the media or to give cic rights to take our photos and such during the ceremony and another one to affirm that you dont have any prohibitions/violation that would halt you from taking the oath. Just sharing... ;D

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
canucksrig said:
thats great buddy! Studying hard for your exam?
Yes! I can focus on it now. I study as soon as I get up but i stop studying by 6 pm otherwise ill be burnt out. Tomorrow is Friday! Lots of updates for sure.