+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
I get this from ECAS:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 7, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 7, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on August 27, 2014.

I haven't received any acknowledgement letter or study book yet. Is this normal?

Thanks. :)

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
Bakaboy said:
I get this from ECAS:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 7, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 7, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I haven't received any acknowledgement letter or study book yet. Is this normal?

Actually they send the study guide and the acknowledgment letter on August 27, 2014 not on July 7, 2014. CIC officials or the people who manage the eCAS are LAZY to correct the error of their inputs. They can't do that sending acknowledgement letter and study guide on the same day they received your application. They did that to all of us applicants! we all have same messages on our eCAS. You will received you Acknowledgement letter and the study guide in two weeks time or earlier from today. Cheers :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
My e-cas shows that the oath letter was mailed out on the 25th. I have not received it.

From your experience, do you see that delay a normal one?

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Bakaboy said:
I get this from ECAS:

You should post this in the July 2014's thread.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I just needed to know, how long does it take til we can apply for a Canadian passport? I thought that as long as we have the Certificate after the oath as proof of our status we can apply. But apparently base on another topic, we have to wait for a few days. Is there any veracity to it? Anyone who knows base on personal or expert opinion. I was planning to proceed directly to Passport Canada after my would be scheduled oath. Excited Much! :p

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
vanvanvan said:
I just needed to know, how long does it take til we can apply for a Canadian passport? I thought that as long as we have the Certificate after the oath as proof of our status we can apply. But apparently base on another topic, we have to wait for a few days. Is there any veracity to it? Anyone who knows base on personal or expert opinion. I was planning to proceed directly to Passport Canada after my would be scheduled oath. Excited Much! :p
in my knowledge, you can apply after 2 days of your oath. It's for them CIC officials to forward or enter you certification number to update the citizenship database. 2 days is not that bad though. cheers.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
My e-case was updated last night for the oath on Sep. 15th. I have not received the letters yet.
Just checked cic website they now have time slots for sep 15th. You must be receiving the letter for invite soon as well.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
canucksrig said:
Just checked cic website they now have time slots for sep 15th. You must be receiving the letter for invite soon as well.
Thanks. There are two ceremonies listed on the CIC website on the 15th, but the one at 1:30 is not listed! It should be listed soon :)

van-monkeys

Jul 23, 2014
vanvanvan said:
why not just go to passport canada next day after you get the certificate and give a try? on the letter indicated 2 business days, but on oath, officer said 3 business days. ie oath on Monday, apply on Friday.

Good luck

van-monkeys

Jul 23, 2014
Oct13 said:
My e-cas shows that the oath letter was mailed out on the 25th. I have not received it.

From your experience, do you see that delay a normal one?
ck you mailbox today! :p no later than wed. good luck

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thinking if i come back after 3 months, should be lots good news.