+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today. Had my test on June 18th and was told I could expect my oath probably in early Sept. in Kelowna. CIC says nothing is scheduled for me yet and it could take a few more months and that I would get a few months notice - but reading on here it seems you get only a few weeks notice on average? Anybody want to weigh in on how much notice on average you get..thanks! I am not too worried about not getting anything in Sept. because of the timing with our vacation and such lol :)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Anybody has experience with received-line disappeared? I apply with my wife, and today her received line is no longer there, but mine is still there? What does this mean?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@BLT disappearance of received line mostly means that CIC has transferred a file to a local office.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
@ BLT disappearance of received line mostly means that CIC has transferred a file to a local office.
a friend of mine helped his dad prepare the application. they got RQed and received letter for more info after 3 months of submission.
so, Vancouver office is quick on the initial stage, but down the road it takes longer than GTA office!

crasa

Aug 22, 2014
Called CIC and was told CIC haven't scheduled ceremony for me yet. I did my test on June 3 and probably will wait until December. Any June 3 test taker received the oath letter?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crasa said:
Called CIC and was told CIC haven't scheduled ceremony for me yet. I did my test on June 3 and probably will wait until December. Any June 3 test taker received the oath letter?
i know a May test taker is still waiting for oath!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
when you call them, they will just say the average processing time is 2 yrs.
she even told me that mine is not even 1 year! WTF :mad:

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
My experience with the call centre is very negative. Every agent is different than the others in their professionalism, and therefore in the message they convey to you!

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree,it's mostly negative people who are trying to brush you off and tell you the standard generic answers, but if you get a good agent who is willing to take the extra mile and help then it's your lucky day.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
My experience with the call centre is very negative. Every agent is different than the others in their professionalism, and therefore in the message they convey to you!
one time, i called. this "french guy" wasnt willing to help and gave me no answer. i tried again the same day, and same guy picked up. so i just hung up.
i think most of them r fine, and everybody has bad days.
and really, they cant really help to speed up the process anyway.

pie, ur oath will come soon, should be in a month

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
basharar said:
I agree,mits mostly negative people who are trying to brush you off and tell you the standard generic answers, but if you get a good agent who is willing to take the extra mile to help then it's your lucky day.
I actually did not mean that they are negative. I said that my experience is a negative one since professionalism level is not satisfactroy. They do not have equal insight knowledge of the procedure nor the experience.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negative means passive aggressive, I even had a lady hinting that i should be lucky and happy that i did not get an RQ, in a very dry cunning way...I am sure there are lots of professional employees there, but the majority just don't care...

van-monkeys

Jul 23, 2014
I won't say CIC call center people are "professional" lol. they are just a representative taking phone calls and provide general information as you can get online. if you are lucky, some might go beyond their standard procedures to provide you more details. They are just same as CRA call centre people that answer your questions as a auto machine!

When i was at the interview, my interviewer told me oath will be 2~3 months, while I was told 3~5 months in the test room. Did my test on Jun 5, Oath on Aug 15, I was one of the luckiest applicants. My friend who applied in Aug 12 still have no news at all, same as my coworker who applied in Jan 2013, still waiting for test. I have told both of them to order the caips.