Vancouver Applicants

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
MSK7275 said:
Application sent on 9th Jan, 2013
Started processing March, 2013
test on 15th May, 2014
Oath ?? waiting
Almost 2 years already, which is standard processing time. Hope you will get your oath in September.

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today

Agent said ...CJ have time till Dec to look into my file. Did my test on June 17th

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vias said:
Called CIC today

Agent said ...CJ have time till Dec to look into my file. Did my test on June 17th
very BS. glad they get rid of CJ now.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Money do all the talking. With more $, can hire more staff, rent large place for citizenship ceremony

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
aamer43 said:
Just curious, Is there anyone who applied in 2013 from Surrey and got the test invitation
I applied in Aug 2013. Family app. Status: in process as of Oct 2013 for me & wife and Feb 2014 for the child. Phoned CIC call centre, was told that our app is in Surrey office, background checks done, have nothing to do but wait for test invitation (how long??? God knows). Requested ATIP report a week ago, hopefully will receive by the end of August.
When did you apply aamer43?

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kubik said:
I applied in Aug 2013. Family app. Status: in process as of Oct 2013 for me & wife and Feb 2014 for the child. Phoned CIC call centre, was told that our app is in Surrey office, background checks done, have nothing to do but wait for test invitation (how long??? God knows). Requested ATIP report a week ago, hopefully will receive by the end of August.
I have similar timeline with you, but I applied as single application. I'm from Surrey as well, and got the same answer when I had called to CIC centre about one month ago.

zeraph

Aug 14, 2014
Here's my timeline so far for the record:

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 3, 2013.
  • We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 3, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  • We started processing your application on November 6, 2013.
  • We sent you a notice on May 12, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 12, 2014 at 8:06 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting for my oath date.
Moving to Toronto on Aug 31st so I'm hoping to get my Vancouver oath date before then.
Fingers crossed!

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Kubik said:
@Kubik,

Here is my timeline:

Application Received: Dec 2013
In Process: Feb 2013
Local Office Transfer: May 2014

Waiting for the next step now

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wake up Vancouver! ;D

My passport is expiring next month. I am not sure if I will be renewing my Philippine passport or just wait for oath taking. I need to travel in October 11.

Please wake up...

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
Wake up Vancouver! ;D

My passport is expiring next month. I am not sure if I will be renewing my Philippine passport or just wait for oath taking. I need to travel in October 11.

Please wake up...
test should be in sep. just wait until u must get a passport for travel.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am finally joining. after 53 days of wait, Sydney began processing my case. Vancouver has the reputation for slowest processing, and really hope that will change.
gd luck all

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
Took test July 17th and passed. No idea of score, but passed!! Whoot! Interview was easy with exception that I had to get my itineraries from the two trips I made over the past 3 years for the judge to see, as I applied so close to the # of days cuttoff. I ran home right away, found my itineraries online, and printed them off, and then returned to office and gave to officer at the door. He put it in an enveloope for me with all documents and attached form (RQ?) that the interviewer gave me.

so now, I am in the waiting game for oath. I can only trust that the interviewing officer received my documents right away. If not, I will hear in 45 day time as that was the cutoff for me to get documents back to her.

I also ordered my ATIP yesturday just in case, and also out of curiosity.

It does look like us Vancouver folks get Oath invites within 2 months. I am hopeful! Overall, the process has been smooth. I definatly advise that people not be silly, and take the test for granted. Too many folks say the test was easy. However, It was clear that many folks at my test day did not pass. Read the book at least 2x and do test questions. And, dont be fooled, the test questions at actual exam are worded different than any of the practice tests. That means you really DO need to know the information.

cheers friends! I will update you when I get my oath invite.