+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone! Very excited for this. Can't wait to see where my location is, seeing nothing is posted yet that far in advance for citizenship ceremony locations :)

Question for those who have taken the oath: Is photography (non-flash is okay) allowed during the ceremony or does it have to wait till after? I mean if I have my hubby taking photos during it will it be okay?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yes photos are okay but your loved ones will have to stay where they sit. :D

rbao0128

Sep 10, 2014
Has anyone applied for a Canadian passport using the 24 hour Urgent Pick-Up service? Can you share your experience with me please.

Did you wait for 2 business days after your oath ceremony to apply for your passport?
What other additional documents did you have to present for the 24-hour urgent pick up service?
Did you pick it up from the same passport office that you had applied for?

My oath is on November 7th (Friday) and Im leaving on a business trip to Hong Kong on November 17th, not sure if applying for a passport on the 12th would be ok.

Cheers

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
pie_vancouver said:
Is it now 300?, then 400 next year?
Website is weird: it says here 300
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
but the guide says 400
I thought that will take effect next year.
I don't know why they always increase the fee, glad that I only paid 200 last year :D
It's $400: The right of citizenship fee ($100) + adult grant of citizenship fee ($300).

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^thanks :D

jjr20 said:
Should be no problem. About how far away do they sit from those taking the oath?
Guests are seated on the left side and at the very back.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rbao0128 said:
Has anyone applied for a Canadian passport using the 24 hour Urgent Pick-Up service? Can you share your experience with me please.

Did you wait for 2 business days after your oath ceremony to apply for your passport?
What other additional documents did you have to present for the 24-hour urgent pick up service?
Did you pick it up from the same passport office that you had applied for?

My oath is on November 7th (Friday) and Im leaving on a business trip to Hong Kong on November 17th, not sure if applying for a passport on the 12th would be ok.

Cheers
read this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/the-48-hours-passport-wait-t247609.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-passport-after-oath-t190090.0.html;msg2990180#msg2990180

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
hey guys,

what's yourbest estimate of oath dates for Vancouver office? 2 months?

does it help if we phone cic and ask them to check the status of file so maybe we get oat date sooner? :)

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^3-6 months ;D when you call that is the agents standard reply to you, you can also ask if your app is already approved as sometimes it's approved but the waiting list for oath schedule is very looong ;D

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
I was so frustrated last night...that I sent them a fax...I know it wont make any difference, but I was genuinely sick and tired...I told them in the fax that I am willing to take my oath anywhere....!
I know if anything this fax will be deteramentalt o my situation...but call center really gave weird information which changed everytime!!!!

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
I take my oath tomorrow afternoon. I am so excited! This has been an amazing journey. I really give compliments to this forum. Going through both immigration and citizenship process takes time, effort, and commitment. It was such a gift to be able to come here to learn application details, and also support through the process. Cheers to you all and I wish you all the best!!!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
So I called CIC 3 times, and each tiem I got different in information. Can someone please helps

Call 1: you have a non routine application because interviewer made you sign a consent saying she needs to check your CBSA records. This is because you admitted you had lost a passport and also because you travelled a lot. We received your result from CBSA on Oct 11. Your RCMP check has expired and will take upto 6 months to obtain RCMP check again. You need to wait for a year now.

Call 2: You do not have a non routine application. They have received your consent to obtain CBSA records. They have not yet received your CBSA reports.

Call 3: You are non routine. We are waiting for your results from ISS. Your RCMP expires on 20 Jan 2014.

When I asked the lady what ISS is...she did not know the full form. Said, it keeps track of your entry and exit to Canada.

What should I make of these bunch of jokers who just speak without thinking! Can anyone shed some light?

Applied june 2012
test aug 2014

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
cit_izen said:
So I called CIC 3 times, and each tiem I got different in information. Can someone please helps

Call 1: you have a non routine application because interviewer made you sign a consent saying she needs to check your CBSA records. This is because you admitted you had lost a passport and also because you travelled a lot. We received your result from CBSA on Oct 11. Your RCMP check has expired and will take upto 6 months to obtain RCMP check again. You need to wait for a year now.

Call 2: You do not have a non routine application. They have received your consent to obtain CBSA records. They have not yet received your CBSA reports.

Call 3: You are non routine. We are waiting for your results from ISS. Your RCMP expires on 20 Jan 2014.

When I asked the lady what ISS is...she did not know the full form. Said, it keeps track of your entry and exit to Canada.

What should I make of these bunch of jokers who just speak without thinking! Can anyone shed some light?

Applied june 2012
test aug 2014
You have been waiting for 28 months, it doesn't make any different to wait 8 more months, and file a case in the court if you never done anything wrong (cheating).
IMO, don't call them. These people don't care about you. Their ideology is "if we can make it difficult, why should we make it easy for you?" Just don't call them, suddenly let your lawyer calls their lawyer, this is how things should be done when you are getting bullied : hit back.