+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the CIC call centre today and the agent told me that my file has been transferred already and that the processing time is 24 months. She also informed me that my application is routine and my documents are complete so in her goods "Your file looks really good". Good to know lol.

When I checked my ecas prior to calling CIC, my received line disappeared. I don't know since when and that is why I called the CIC.

Now just have to wait when they decide to send the invites for a test lol.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
blestcheche said:
I called the CIC call centre today and the agent told me that my file has been transferred already and that the processing time is 24 months. She also informed me that my application is routine and my documents are complete so in her goods "Your file looks really good". Good to know lol.

When I checked my ecas prior to calling CIC, my received line disappeared. I don't know since when and that is why I called the CIC.

Now just have to wait when they decide to send the invites for a test lol.
I did the same yesterday and the agent told me 'exactly' the same. She was really nice. However, I cannot trust what she said regarding the transfer of the file to the local office. She told me it was transferred long time ago, although less than two months ago I asked and the agent told me it is not yet and that I can ask in 3 months about the transfer. So, how can she say "long" time ago?

By the way, we seem to have had the same call agent!

Anyway, lets be optimistic!

tastyh

Feb 6, 2014
My received line has disappeared. Must have been within the last few days. Tempted to call CIC too, but sounds too good to be true that our files are being transferred this early on.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
I did the same yesterday and the agent told me 'exactly' the same. She was really nice. However, I cannot trust what she said regarding the transfer of the file to the local office. She told me it was transferred long time ago, although less than two months ago I asked and the agent told me it is not yet and that I can ask in 3 months about the transfer. So, how can she say "long" time ago?

By the way, we seem to have had the same call agent!

Anyway, lets be optimistic!
<< Me Being Optimistic is = Expecting Test Notification End of April scheduled 2nd week of May >>
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LOL

tastyh

Feb 6, 2014
Just called CIC, apparently my file began background checks last week (March 11) and is still in Nova Scotia. All documents have been verified, and once the background checks are done, it'll be transferred to Vancouver. Anyone know how long they take?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats up, Vancouver? why do we have to be the SLOWEST office in the whole country!

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
whats up, Vancouver? why do we have to be the SLOWEST office in the whole country!
This has to do with geography. Applicants from eastern Canada get way better processing times.

I still don't get why CIC wouldn't split up its operations (i.e. create a regional processing centre for western Canada somewhere in BC/AB/SK/MB and keep Nova Scotia for eastern Canada). :'(

Still, I love Vancouver. :)

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ blestcheche

Do you still see "Received" line in your ecas ? If not when did it disappear ?
I don't see the received line in my ecas. I am not sure though when it disappeared. I checked it a couple of days ago and it is not there anymore.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow only one from our spreadsheet is called for test :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiV2llr71HikdDV3bmtyQ0ZiWUwzOXhEX3lTRG5qdUE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

hope we all get them soon :) or even file transfer is already a good movement for our files.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D