+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicant - Background check after interview

lynnshi

Apr 20, 2018
Hello All,

My app was received on Oct27, AOR on Dec 8, IP on Jan 21, after that no more status updated online. However, I did receive a test/interview invitation email on Mar 21, and done my interview yesterday April 19.
Interview went well for only 5-10minutes. At the end, the officer said "everything looks good, they just wait for background check, it could be 5-8months". I thought I misheard him, I asked him again to confirm what I heard, he said it could be less than that, if I don't hear anything from them for 6 months, then I must call them.
I check my status online today, nothing updated, still in process.
Do they do background check after interview? I thought they screen everything to make sure everything is fine before sending a test/interview invitation. Is there anyone here in same situation?

Thanks

Reactions: Pcanadian

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Depending on your local office, some of them let you do the test/interview before all the other checks are complete, to save you time. So it's totally possible for them to do background check AFTER the interview. So getting test invite doesn't mean everything has been checked for your application.

lynnshi

Apr 20, 2018
Depending on your local office, some of them let you do the test/interview before all the other checks are complete, to save you time. So it's totally possible for them to do background check AFTER the interview. So getting test invite doesn't mean everything has been checked for your application.
Thank you

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hello All,

My app was received on Oct27, AOR on Dec 8, IP on Jan 21, after that no more status updated online. However, I did receive a test/interview invitation email on Mar 21, and done my interview yesterday April 19.
Interview went well for only 5-10minutes. At the end, the officer said "everything looks good, they just wait for background check, it could be 5-8months". I thought I misheard him, I asked him again to confirm what I heard, he said it could be less than that, if I don't hear anything from them for 6 months, then I must call them.
Do they do background check after interview? I thought they screen everything to make sure everything is fine before sending a test/interview invitation. Is there anyone here in same situation?

Thanks
Hi, I am in the same situation, except did my test on March 12th. The guy doing the interview said it's hard to say how long will the background check will take, in my case he said a couple of month probably, but there is no real way of knowing. As I understood the check was in progress, but they indeed do the test beforehand to save time and not to create a backlog. At least this part is done. Now all we can do is wait, I suppose. I guess after 6 month I can call to see what's up :) hopefully you'll get to your next stage much much sooner! so good luck to all of us who are still waiting for the next step.

Reactions: Johnboy

lynnshi

Apr 20, 2018
Hi, I am in the same situation, except did my test on March 12th. The guy doing the interview said it's hard to say how long will the background check will take, in my case he said a couple of month probably, but there is no real way of knowing. As I understood the check was in progress, but they indeed do the test beforehand to save time and not to create a backlog. At least this part is done. Now all we can do is wait, I suppose. I guess after 6 month I can call to see what's up :) hopefully you'll get to your next stage much much sooner! so good luck to all of us who are still waiting for the next step.
Thanks sherych ! I read posts from some Vancouver applicants,they got DM the next day after test/interview... ...

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Thanks sherych ! I read posts from some Vancouver applicants,they got DM the next day after test/interview... ...
I do not think it's location based, for some cases it just takes longer to do the checks. At least we are done with the test, all we have to do is wait, we had done our part already.

BPNP

Nov 12, 2017

Hi,
I attended an interview as well in Abu Dhabi and the visa officer told me background checks could take upto 6 months. However i receives schedile A request 3 weeks back. Whats your status? What nationality are you?

BPNP

Nov 12, 2017
Hi,
I attended an interview as well in Abu Dhabi and the visa officer told me background checks could take upto 6 months. However i receives schedile A request 3 weeks back. Whats your status? What nationality are you?
Where was your interview?

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Hello All,

Thanks
When did you receive your Oath invite?