+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of PRTD after first PR cards are issued

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi,

I became PR last month, and as per the tentative dates posted on CIC website I should receive my PR cards in Dec first week.

In the mean time I already applied and got PRTD as I had to move out of Canada.

1) Now if and when the PR cards are issued, will that render my PRTD invalid? Can I still use PRTD to travel even if PR cards are issued? PR cards will be delivered in Canada so I have no way of getting it out of Canada.

2) Is PRTD just a visa sticker issued on passport? The word document confuses me.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I became PR last month, and as per the tentative dates posted on CIC website I should receive my PR cards in Dec first week.

In the mean time I already applied and got PRTD as I had to move out of Canada.

1) Now if and when the PR cards are issued, will that render my PRTD invalid? Can I still use PRTD to travel even if PR cards are issued? PR cards will be delivered in Canada so I have no way of getting it out of Canada.

2) Is PRTD just a visa sticker issued on passport? The word document confuses me.

Thanks!
Hi

1. No, the PRTD will not be rendered invalid. You can still use it.

2. Yes, it is basically like a visa in your passport.

Reactions: vishsank

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
Hi

1. No, the PRTD will not be rendered invalid. You can still use it.

2. Yes, it is basically like a visa in your passport.
I had a related query. I am from India and I had done my landing on 16-Sep-17 and returned back to India to close out my activities here. I have to fly back on 2-Dec-17. Therefore I applied for a PRTD as our PR cards were not yet processed. Now the cards are with my relatives in Canada and they are coming to India so I will get them by 20-Nov-17. I have not got any update on my PRTD. I wanted to know the process of withdrawing my PRTD application so that we get our passports back as we will be able to fly to Canada using the PR cards now. Can anyone help me with the process.

Asif

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had a related query. I am from India and I had done my landing on 16-Sep-17 and returned back to India to close out my activities here. I have to fly back on 2-Dec-17. Therefore I applied for a PRTD as our PR cards were not yet processed. Now the cards are with my relatives in Canada and they are coming to India so I will get them by 20-Nov-17. I have not got any update on my PRTD. I wanted to know the process of withdrawing my PRTD application so that we get our passports back as we will be able to fly to Canada using the PR cards now. Can anyone help me with the process.

Asif
Send a Webform and request withdrawal.

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........