+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of IELTS: should it be within 1 year when submitted to CIO or VO

Sep 4, 2010
Hi there,

I confused about the validity period of IELTS. I took IELTS last year september 5th, and submitted application to CIO during first week of june. At the time of application to CIO, obviously my IELTS result was valid and i indicated that in application too. But now it has reached the limit of one year, I want to know would it be valid for further process, i.e., submission to Visa Office (VO). Are IELTS result locked at the time of application like age requirement.
Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.

Regards,
sweety

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
sweety_salty77 said:
Hi there,

I confused about the validity period of IELTS. I took IELTS last year september 5th, and submitted application to CIO during first week of june. At the time of application to CIO, obviously my IELTS result was valid and i indicated that in application too. But now it has reached the limit of one year, I want to know would it be valid for further process, i.e., submission to Visa Office (VO). Are IELTS result locked at the time of application like age requirement.

Regards,
sweety
Ielts validity is of 2 years. CIC requires ielts of 1 year. When you apply at CIO at that time the dATE of your ielts test locked.

S

sandeepmahajan

Hi sweety_salty77 ,

Have you got your AOR from CIO? Are you going for fresh ielts?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
sweety_salty77 said:
Hi there,

Regards,
sweety
For canada Immigration, IELTS(only general training IELTS is accepted) is valid for only 1 year.
IELTS result must be valid during the time of apply to CIO so don't worry.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
ajeshpaul said:
I ccompleted IELTS with 7 score in 2006. Will it be valid now to apply for canadian immigration ?
Nope..sit General training IELTS again ASAP

mathu

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
LIONCITY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE-2007
hi

i have appeared the IELTS in aug-2009 , is it valid ?not yet UL required.

buhari