+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

validity of English test

michaelmends

Mar 20, 2016
I already have a provincial nomination and will surely have an ITA in the next draw. But my English test will be expired by the time i will be submitting my PR application. Will the test still be valid/accepted or I have to write again, even though it was valid at the time of creating my express entry profile and receiving my nomination/ITA. (In short, my English test will expire May 19). I am wondering if i have to submit my application before this date). I'd appreciate insights from anyone. Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I already have a provincial nomination and will surely have an ITA in the next draw. But my English test will be expired by the time i will be submitting my PR application. Will the test still be valid/accepted or I have to write again, even though it was valid at the time of creating my express entry profile and receiving my nomination/ITA. (In short, my English test will expire May 19). I am wondering if i have to submit my application before this date). I'd appreciate insights from anyone. Thanks
The test needs to be valid at the time of submitting the application. You need to submit before the 19th or else take the IELTS again.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

If you haven’t been invited to apply for permanent residence
You may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you’ll be in the pool.

If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:

• be tested again or
  • apply before your test results expire or
  • decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future
If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we’ll refuse your application.