+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of Biometric Info + Possibility of Extending PGWP?

yuresh

Jan 24, 2024
Hi everyone, hope you're doing well!

I have an issue which I would like to ask for y'all help. I applied for PGWP in May 2023, not knowing that the PGWP length would be decided based on the biometric expiration date. I have done all the application steps but only got less than 2 years of PGWP (my biometric expiration date is the beginning of May 2025), instead of 3 years. I received a "Validity of your biometric information" letter from IRCC saying I can extend the validity of my permit by providing my biometric information again under the "subsequent temporary resident (TR) application". It means there is a chance my TR status will be extended if I update my biometrics. Will my PGWP/Open Work Permit be included to be extended as well?

My questions (including above) are:

My work permit paper says in the note that "issued to biometric validity" so If I apply to IRCC to update my biometric, will I be able to extend my PGWP to 3 years? Will I need to submit another application to extend my PGWP?

Will IRCC automatically (without submitting the extending application) extend my PGWP if they approve my biometric?

What are the differences between PGWP and Open Work Permit?

Thank you so much for your time and your help!

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I recently received less than 2 years PGWP. May i ask were you able to figure it out?