+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of 1st time entry of V1 from the date of issue?

kama

Sep 3, 2012
Hi,
I got my V1 visa last year in August, valid till 2021. I plan to visit Canada in July this year.
My question pertains to the 1st entry to Canada :-
  • Is there a time bound for the 1st entry? ( I was told by a friend that I should enter Canada within 6 months from the date of issue for the 1st entry or else my V1 visa will lapse.. is that True?)
  • Can I enter Canada anytime till the validity date of the visa stamped on my passport.
Much appreciate any enlightenment!
Kama

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
  • Is there a time bound for the 1st entry? ( I was told by a friend that I should enter Canada within 6 months from the date of issue for the 1st entry or else my V1 visa will lapse.. is that True?)
Not true.

• Can I enter Canada anytime till the validity date of the visa stamped on my passport.
You can travel anytime during the validity of your TRV

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,
I got my V1 visa last year in August, valid till 2021. I plan to visit Canada in July this year.
My question pertains to the 1st entry to Canada :-
Much appreciate any enlightenment!
Kama
this is not true you can travel anytime you want it has nothing to do with your entry you can take entry until your visa is valid so there is no restrictions about entering first time etc Good Luck