+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validation of COPR- appointment with IRCC

ubecca

May 15, 2017
I just did my landing via appointment on Monday at Etobicoke. The process is as ladybug8888 described.

After I received my CoPR I called the CIC phone line and spoke to an agent. I explained that I would like to book an appointment to do the landing, so she put the request in with the nearest office. I also asked that they call me to schedule the appointment since I live 10 hours away from the office and I figured a phone conversation is easiest way to get a date that works for me.

A week later the CIC office called me, and she was very nice. I explained what date works best for me, even though it was roughly a month after the date of the conversation. She said that she has me marked for that date, but they won't send a confirmation until a week before.

I got the email last week and did the landing on Monday. It's a very straight forward process, they even had Service Canada booths and I got my permanent SIN right there and then. The entire process took maybe 15 minutes.
Hi, pls how did you get to speak to and agent.... I have called this number a million times with no hope of speaking to a rep. 1888 242 2100. Keeps saying there is a long wait time and cuts the call after that. Plus there is no option for appointments or PR landing. pls help

ubecca

May 15, 2017
Hi, pls how do you get to speak to an agent.... I have called this number a million times with no hope of speaking to a rep. 1888 242 2100. Keeps saying there is a long wait time and cuts the call after that. Plus there is no option for appointments or PR landing. pls help

Kushka777

Nov 21, 2016
Hi, pls how do you get to speak to an agent.... I have called this number a million times with no hope of speaking to a rep. 1888 242 2100. Keeps saying there is a long wait time and cuts the call after that. Plus there is no option for appointments or PR landing. pls help
You have to just try calling every 5-10 mins. Just remember the numbers you need to press so you don't have to listen to everything over and over again. I was frustrated too, but yesterday decided to call as often as I could and finally got in to the queue. Waited 40 mins and managed to speak to an agent.

ubecca

May 15, 2017
Thanks Kushka777.
I already did my landing. I decided to go to the office and they attended to me. I didn't even have to wait long. Whole process took about an hour.

Reactions: Tomi2 and Kushka777

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I just called CIC yesterday and waiting for Etobicoke VO to get back to me, any idea how soon they might contact me. Any recent cases?

Reactions: Tomi2

DreamBig2017

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

I work in Quebec. I applied PR (without CSQ) with the intention of moving to Ontario as my project was going to end soon but it is now extended by 6 months. I got the COPR and want to do my landing & apply PR card. However, I will do landing in Toronto but my residence is in Quebec. Though I will move to Toronto eventually but after 6 months but by that time my PR visa will expire. What can be done in this situation?

Please reply, I would be grateful!!

Thanks!

Idda11

Jun 13, 2016
Hello, I was wondering how long does it take from the moment you received COPR and actual appointment? Has anyone a recent experience?

Thank you

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Thanks Kushka777.
I already did my landing. I decided to go to the office and they attended to me. I didn't even have to wait long. Whole process took about an hour.
So you just visited an office without an appointment and they did the landing then and there?

Reactions: Tomi2

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
I received the COPR and i tried reaching out to IRCC the phone lines are extremely busy and totally non-reachable. I have indian passport , has any one with Indian passport did flag polling in USA border.. If so please ping back.

scottwright

Oct 26, 2017
My in-laws received their confirmation of permanent residence on Wednesday this week. We called 1-800-242-2100 to arrange an appointment in Edmonton as they are here as temporary residents. We were told we would hear back in 6-8 weeks about an appointment, but then someone phoned the following day on Friday, and an appointment was set up for 2 weeks from now.

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
My in-laws received their confirmation of permanent residence on Wednesday this week. We called 1-800-242-2100 to arrange an appointment in Edmonton as they are here as temporary residents. We were told we would hear back in 6-8 weeks about an appointment, but then someone phoned the following day on Friday, and an appointment was set up for 2 weeks from now.
I there a time duration or expiration date in the confirmation of permanent residence for you to follow and do the confirmation or landing process? How long?

Elisa671

Jun 5, 2018
You have to just try calling every 5-10 mins. Just remember the numbers you need to press so you don't have to listen to everything over and over again. I was frustrated too, but yesterday decided to call as often as I could and finally got in to the queue. Waited 40 mins and managed to speak to an agent.
Do you remember which numbers you pressed? There is no option to choose for booking an appointment . I tried calling numerous times today

Elisa671

Jun 5, 2018
Hi, how did you get hold of them? Which numbers did you pressed to be able to book an appointment? I've been calling everyday. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.