+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validation of COPR- appointment with IRCC

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
Here we go... This is the process I followed:

> Got my COPR and passport last week (27th July)

> Called the helpline for getting an appointment (@ Etobicoke location) -- 30th July (as the customer service work only Mon-Fri)
-- It took me multiple tries and a long wait to reach the correct agent; Also, I have been told that it would take a week or two to just get the email notification about my appointment date and time;

> Surprisingly got an email the very next day -- 31 July with the appointment date as 7th Aug

Not bad at all as I was really concerned about the flagpolling process, wait time and especially didn't want to have admin refusal @ US border;

FYI - I asked the agent to give me the correct extension for all our benefit;

Call 1-888-242-2100 for booking an appointment; Once you select the language of your preference, use the following number to reach the right extension: 2-2-2-6 (I chose 6 for OINP, but you can pick any number and you would be connected to the right team);

Hope this helps and good luck with your PR approval!

Vijay

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017

> Called the helpline for getting an appointment (@ Etobicoke location) -- 30th July (as the customer service work only Mon-Fri)
-- It took me multiple tries and a long wait to reach the correct agent; Also, I have been told that it would take a week or two to just get the email notification about my appointment date and time;

> Surprisingly got an email the very next day -- 31 July with the appointment date as 7th Aug

Not bad at all as I was really concerned about the flagpolling process, wait time and especially didn't want to have admin refusal @ US border;

Call 1-888-242-2100 for booking an appointment; Once you select the language of your preference, use the following number to reach the right extension: 2-2-2-6 (I chose 6 for OINP, but you can pick any number and you would be connected to the right team);

Vijay
Congrats! I assume this is CEC but is it inland or outland?
Also kindly share your Timeline. Thanks.

SumedhaSi

Aug 8, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..

Vijay
Thanks for sharing your experience and also for posting the phone number for Etobicoke Location. Congrats on your approval!

cvkpost

Jul 28, 2018

Vijay
What documents did you bring to the appointment and what documents did they end up checking?

jaini12

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks Kushka777.
I already did my landing. I decided to go to the office and they attended to me. I didn't even have to wait long. Whole process took about an hour.
May i know that did you go there without appointment or you booked appointment before going

jaini12

Mar 5, 2019

Vijay
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please tell me which questions they asked. Also congrats on your approval

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Anyone called cic and booked an interview from surrey bc? i wonder how long does it takes for them to give an appointment.

BungaBungi

Oct 21, 2019
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but can I get some information as this thread is similar to my case.
I got COPR. Now I need to do landing.
I wish to take an appointment rather than crossing the border.
I submitted the webform asking them for an appointment last week, but didn't hear back yet from them.
Do you think I need to call them and check?
Do you have a contact number to contact them for an appointment?

Any reply would be helpful. Thanks.

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but can I get some information as this thread is similar to my case.
I got COPR. Now I need to do landing.
I wish to take an appointment rather than crossing the border.
I submitted the webform asking them for an appointment last week, but didn't hear back yet from them.
Do you think I need to call them and check?
Do you have a contact number to contact them for an appointment?

Any reply would be helpful. Thanks.
What province are you in specifically?
Some gives fast schedule , some doesn't.

I'm from vancouver and it takes forever , that's why i decided to cross the border.

If you want to ask for an update, you just have to call the same ircc call centre hotline, from then , just follow the extension numbers wherein the copr follow up is , i did it before .
I had follow up for 2x , and they will just stay for you to wait. It takes a maximum of 3 months to get one.