+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VALIDATION after signing the form

Lulu78

Mar 11, 2015
I'm new to this forum.
I'm filing out my husband's sponsorship application.
He lives in Guinea. We filled out the forms in Guinea.
I came back and after having a friend look over the forms we found minor errors which we crossed out by hand. I'd like to re-print and re-validate FORM 0008.
The last page with his signature would not be revalidated - I don't want to assume that it is ok to do this.
But I'm not flying back to Guinea to have him re-sign the last page
Can someone help?
thx

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
I'm new to this forum.
I'm filing out my husband's sponsorship application.
He lives in Guinea. We filled out the forms in Guinea.
I came back and after having a friend look over the forms we found minor errors which we crossed out by hand. I'd like to re-print and re-validate FORM 0008.
The last page with his signature would not be revalidated - I don't want to assume that it is ok to do this.
But I'm not flying back to Guinea to have him re-sign the last page
Can someone help?
thx
Once you validate the forms, you will notice a number at the bottom right corner of the page. it should be the same number on all pages. So you can try fix the error, re validate, and still use the last page with the signature if this number is still the same. If you got a new number on your forms, it might be a problem (I dont know if they actually check it or not). Taking a chance...
Anyway you really dont have to fly there. Fix the problem, send it to his email, he will print it, sign it, and send it back to you via mail/fedex/whatever.
You should probably check all docs again so if there are more mistakes you can fix it all now. Good luck

Reactions: Lulu78

Lulu78

Mar 11, 2015
Once you validate the forms, you will notice a number at the bottom right corner of the page. it should be the same number on all pages. So you can try fix the error, re validate, and still use the last page with the signature if this number is still the same. If you got a new number on your forms, it might be a problem (I dont know if they actually check it or not). Taking a chance...
Anyway you really dont have to fly there. Fix the problem, send it to his email, he will print it, sign it, and send it back to you via mail/fedex/whatever.
You should probably check all docs again so if there are more mistakes you can fix it all now. Good luck
Yes, I noticed the numbers at the bottom, they change after you validate unfortunately.
However it's super expensive to send paperwork to Guinea. And it does say in the instructions that if you cannot validate you can provide an explanation ....wondering if someone went through this...I will also consult a friend who works in a law firm just in case

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
You can also have him sign the new doc, scan, and email it to you. You dont have to send original docs. But IRCC can ask for the original doc if they want so you might have to send it later (and of course it will cause additional delay).
I had the same problem. The only safe solution if to have him sign the new doc and mail it to you so that what I did.

Reactions: Lulu78

Lulu78

Mar 11, 2015
Actually on the checklist, it says that only FORM 1344 requires an original signature.
that changes everything!

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Actually on the checklist, it says that only FORM 1344 requires an original signature.
that changes everything!
As I said, you can use scanned doc, but IRCC might ask for the original. That will probably cost you few weeks of delay.

Signatures
If signatures are missing, we will return the application without processing it.

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

• Remember to check for a signature block on each form and sign when needed. If forms are not signed in the correct places, and by the correct people, we will return your application without processing it.
  • Signatures may be required in more than one place, or by more than one person on some forms.
  • Where a date is needed, make sure you complete the section.
  • A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.
Important: Use the last page of your checklist to help you make sure all forms have been signed correctly.
  • Reminder for Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669): In addition to validating the form and typing your name, you must also sign it by hand before you include it in your paper application package.

sam512

Jul 31, 2019
that changes everything!
Hi
I am in the same boat as you.
Did you use the signed photocopy of new IMM0008 or asked your husband to courier the originals.?
Have you received the AOR yet?

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
that changes everything!
I had this issue also. We decided the cost of shipping was better than any potential delays. We had to DHL it from Ecuador at a cost of $150 USD....its not cheap but I think it would have been worse if my application was delayed more than it already seems to be.

sam512

Jul 31, 2019
I had this issue also. We decided the cost of shipping was better than any potential delays. We had to DHL it from Ecuador at a cost of $150 USD....its not cheap but I think it would have been worse if my application was delayed more than it already seems to be.
Thanks
I'll am asking my husband to send the scanned copy i'll print it and send. since it is Im008. If they accept it I'll let the forum know

akhilvarma90

May 14, 2017
Kochi, Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Nomination.....
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-05
Passport Req..
01-09-2017
Hi Everyone!

Can you all please share if IRCC accepted your applications after sending a scanned copy of the signature?

Thank you.