+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid visa

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
Hi All .
i have a question please needs your feedback .
i have a valid visa for me and my family . It is closed visa type .
the issue is my employer decidednot to hire me anymore as they had a business failure.
can I enter to canada with my existing valid visa ?
if yes what is suggested to do ?
If not how advise ?
thanks for everyone who will put his inputs here to help me .

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All .
i have a question please needs your feedback .
i have a valid visa for me and my family . It is closed visa type .
the issue is my employer decidednot to hire me anymore as they had a business failure.
can I enter to canada with my existing valid visa ?
if yes what is suggested to do ?
If not how advise ?
thanks for everyone who will put his inputs here to help me .
If the job you were coming to Canada to do , no longer exists , what would be your reason to come now , during a pandemic?

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
I would find another job and not necessary to move now to canada during this crise . Obviously clear . My willing is to see the status of my visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When does it expire? You can try as officials may ask you for your employment letter & quarantine plan. You would come alone as your family needs special authorization to travel. You need to have a place to quarantine for 14 days. Being on a closed work permit, you can‘t work and finding another LMIA will be difficult with millions out of work.

Last edited:

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
When does it expire? You can try as officials may ask you for your employment letter & quarantine plan. You would come alone as your family needs special authorization to travel. You need to have a place to quarantine for 14 days. Being on a closed work permit, you can‘t work and finding another LMIA will be difficult with millions out of work.
Thanks for the enlightening , actually this is my initial plan, is to move alone as with family will be hard to cope up . My visa will expire end of 2021 .
but my worries is when I reach the boundaries in the airport to be rejected and then will be very difficult .
therefore I want to know if this visa might get me in to canada and search work later.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the enlightening , actually this is my initial plan, is to move alone as with family will be hard to cope up . My visa will expire end of 2021 .
but my worries is when I reach the boundaries in the airport to be rejected and then will be very difficult .
therefore I want to know if this visa might get me in to canada and search work later.
You can travel as long as it is a valid TRV

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
TVR ??? . But what kind of proof of the job I will show ? Is it likewise contract which based on I get the visa? What is the employer canceled it ? And if I show the contract which I have , will I be allowed to enter the land ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Please somebody to share inputs here
I do not think you can do this right now.

Under normal circumstances (Pre-COVID), you could have travelled to Canada, and the CBSA office might have allowed you in as a visitor (NOT allowed to work) since you have a valid visa even though your job is no longer there.

However, right now you cannot travel to Canada as a visitor so it will not work. Let's see if anyone else has more information.

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
Tha
I do not think you can do this right now.

Under normal circumstances (Pre-COVID), you could have travelled to Canada, and the CBSA office might have allowed you in as a visitor (NOT allowed to work) since you have a valid visa even though your job is no longer there.

However, right now you cannot travel to Canada as a visitor so it will not work. Let's see if anyone else has more information.
thank you for ur feedback, let's see if maybe there will be any chance later on .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TVR ??? . But what kind of proof of the job I will show ? Is it likewise contract which based on I get the visa? What is the employer canceled it ? And if I show the contract which I have , will I be allowed to enter the land ?
You will need to show recent confirmation that your still have the job. Canada is aware that many jobs have been cancelled so they will look for recent confirmation that your job is still required or they will call the employer to verify you still have the job. if you arrive in Canada without the job you can be sent home on the next flight. The airline may also refuse your boarding without recent confirmation from your employer that you will still have a valid job offer.