+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

valid visa in the old passport still applied for a new one

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
Hi,
I am in Canada on a work permit and my husband travelled to India in December. He had valid Canadian visa till 2024. His name was misspelled in the passport so he got a new one issued and due to our ignorance and not knowing that his visa would be valid we applied for a new one in the new passport which got rejected. Please let me know how does the rejection affect his valid visa that he has in the old passport.
please advice
Thanks and regards

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
Hi,
I am in Canada on a work permit and my husband travelled to India in December. He had valid Canadian visa till 2024. His name was misspelled in the passport so he got a new one issued and due to our ignorance and not knowing that his visa would be valid we applied for a new one in the new passport which got rejected. Please let me know how does the rejection affect his valid visa that he has in the old passport.
please advice
Thanks and regards
What is the reason for the rejection?

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
they didn't think he would go back to india.
The best course of action here will be to raise a Case Specific Inquiry through IRCC webform. Explain them the situation and maybe scan and include them the valid visa that you still have until 2024, make sure to ask them if it is still valid.

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
The best course of action here will be to raise a Case Specific Inquiry through IRCC webform. Explain them the situation and maybe scan and include them the valid visa that you still have until 2024, make sure to ask them if it is still valid.
thank you