+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Tourist Visa, Rejected application for Student Permit

mmkkkaay

Jan 31, 2024
Hello!

My application for a student permit recently got rejected and I'm wondering if my tourist visa(expires in 2029) is still valid? Will it affect any future visits to Canada knowing I had a student permit refusal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello!

My application for a student permit recently got rejected and I'm wondering if my tourist visa(expires in 2029) is still valid? Will it affect any future visits to Canada knowing I had a student permit refusal?
Could technically lead to issues entering Canada because you have expressed the desire to move to Canada. If there are concerns that you are not visiting but attempting to move to Canada you can be denied entry to Canada. If you truly intend to visit and go home and have ties to your home country like a job, home, etc. and savings to pay for your visit shouldn’t be an issue.

Would also warn you that if people tell you coming to Canada as a visitor you can easily get a WP and change to study permit they are not being honest. It is very difficult to do and has gotten more difficult as the economy is not as good. It