+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job offer

prateek654

Dec 3, 2019
Hi All

I have applied for Canada PR under EE with my score being 438(which is far from the current cut off) To increase my score I have approached my present employer in india to give me a job offer in Canada brach. This can increase my score. My questions are:

1. Since I am working in the same organisation in India, will job offer from Canada branch be considered as valid job offer?
2. Will I need an LMIA from employer?
3. CIC website says intra companies transfer dsnt need a positive LMIA.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All

I have applied for Canada PR under EE with my score being 438(which is far from the current cut off) To increase my score I have approached my present employer in india to give me a job offer in Canada brach. This can increase my score. My questions are:

1. Since I am working in the same organisation in India, will job offer from Canada branch be considered as valid job offer?

Thanks
If you want it to count as a job offer, they need an LMIA.

For ICT, you have to actually be transferred to Canada on a closed work permit and be working for the employer for a year before you can count the job offer points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All

Thanks
1. Only if your employer gets an approved LMIA.
2. If you want job offer points immediately, then yes.
3. That's correct - however then you won't qualify for job offer points immediately. You will need to work in Canada for a full year before you will qualify for the 50 points.

MiriamBrown

Dec 5, 2019
Hi! How I can get a job offer?, I’ve been applying for different jobs, but most of than said that I do need to have authorization to work in Canada.
Please and thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi! How I can get a job offer?, I’ve been applying for different jobs, but most of than said that I do need to have authorization to work in Canada.
Please and thank you
Unless you have some unique skill not readily available in Canada it is virtually impossible to secure a job from outside of Canada given employers are not willing to invest the time and effort.

Many people go for a study permit, graduate then get an open work permit if they are unable to secure the points for Express Entry.