+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job Offer

musaab03

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Hi
I have been working on a closed work permit with my employer since July 2016 (more than a year). My current work contract expires on 31 march 2018. The same employer issued a new work contract from April 1 2018 till March 31 2019. If I apply today to claim 50 points for Job offer, is it valid for "at least one year after issuing PR visa" ?
I am afraid I am two months behind.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi
I have been working on a closed work permit with my employer since July 2016 (more than a year). My current work contract expires on 31 march 2018. The same employer issued a new work contract from April 1 2018 till March 31 2019. If I apply today to claim 50 points for Job offer, is it valid for "at least one year after issuing PR visa" ? I am afraid I am two months behind.
I will assume that you need those 50 points for an ITA, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this.

Eh... Well, technically it does not meet the required documentation, but it's really darn close.

• your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
IRCC likes the flexibility on the dates, because there's no guarantee that your application will be processed, approved, and you will have completed landing by March 31, 2018.

I would recommend asking your employer if they would write an offer letter using IRCC language. But if you cannot get that, and want to try applying with just the one year contract... you might succeed (I suspect you would), but you will have to accept that it is a gamble, and have a Plan B in case it does not work.

musaab03

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
I will assume that you need those 50 points for an ITA, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this.

Eh... Well, technically it does not meet the required documentation, but it's really darn close.

• your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
IRCC likes the flexibility on the dates, because there's no guarantee that your application will be processed, approved, and you will have completed landing by March 31, 2018.

I would recommend asking your employer if they would write an offer letter using IRCC language. But if you cannot get that, and want to try applying with just the one year contract... you might succeed (I suspect you would), but you will have to accept that it is a gamble, and have a Plan B in case it does not work.
I am employee at university of Manitoba. They have a template for Job offer so they will not add even a single word. I have already received ITA mentioning I have a valid job offer now I suspect if I submit my application and rejects then my processing fees would be wasted.

Najeefking

Jan 22, 2016
My spouse is eligible to apply EE under FSW category.

She has completed B.Sc - Nutrition - 3 years ( 2012 to 2015) -In India

And she joined in Private Clinic run by a registered doctor as Assistant Clinical Dietitian (NOC 3132) supervised by the same doctor as part-time - 25 hrs per week in India.

Meanwhile, she continued her MSc in Child Nutrition (2015 to 2017) - In India.

Her part-time experience in Clinical Nutrition from (May 2015 to present)
Total - 2 years

That means in CIC they will consider as 1 year. Am Right?

My doubt is that,

1. Her immediate supervisor agreed to issue experience letter with all requirements like job title, salary, job duties, working hours etc. But she will issue in general letter pad used for a prescription. ( Where mentioned Clinic name, Doctor name, Registration number, address and mobile/Landline number). Is that acceptable??

2. The clinic doesn't have any personal website. Even in general letter pad too. Is it ok?? She is ready to issue Letter of explanation in case required. Let me know the LOE format as well as procedures to upload it.

3. She received her salary as cash. Therefore don't have payslips. What do we do as an alternative for this??

4. Offer Letter was typed in general letter pad too. Is it ok??

Hoping reply from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

musaab03

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
My spouse is eligible to apply EE under FSW category.

She has completed B.Sc - Nutrition - 3 years ( 2012 to 2015) -In India

And she joined in Private Clinic run by a registered doctor as Assistant Clinical Dietitian (NOC 3132) supervised by the same doctor as part-time - 25 hrs per week in India.

Meanwhile, she continued her MSc in Child Nutrition (2015 to 2017) - In India.

Total - 2 years

My doubt is that,

1. Her immediate supervisor agreed to issue experience letter with all requirements like job title, salary, job duties, working hours etc. But she will issue in general letter pad used for a prescription. ( Where mentioned Clinic name, Doctor name, Registration number, address and mobile/Landline number). Is that acceptable??

2. The clinic doesn't have any personal website. Even in general letter pad too. Is it ok?? She is ready to issue Letter of explanation in case required. Let me know the LOE format as well as procedures to upload it.

3. She received her salary as cash. Therefore don't have payslips. What do we do as an alternative for this??

Hoping reply from you soon.

Thanks in advance.
To my understanding
1&2. experience letter would be OK if phone number is mentioned on letter pad so they may confirm it they want. If doctor has any stamp it would be great.
3. If she is receiving salary in cash so i think tax return document should be submitted.
4. offer letter means job offer in Canada and it means every thing should be included like contract term, salary, working hours and main duties.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am employee at university of Manitoba. They have a template for Job offer so they will not add even a single word. I have already received ITA mentioning I have a valid job offer now I suspect if I submit my application and rejects then my processing fees would be wasted.
Well, you have two choices. Decline the ITA and see if you have enough points to get a new ITA without the 50 points for the job offer.

Or, you can take a chance and submit your application, and hope for speedy processing. Yes, it it is refused, you would lose your application fees.

You mentioned that the new job offer is for April 2018, but you didn't mention whether the University is going to apply for a new LMIA for you. If you need a new work permit and were hoping to apply for the BOWP, I'd say it's worth taking a chance and applying.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Total - 2 years

She is very close to having 2 years of experience. For part-time work experience, you would have to count up actual hours worked OR count the # of weeks worked and multiply by 25 (hours worked per week), and then divide by 30 to get the # of full-time equivalent (FTE) weeks.

Example: If she worked 130 weeks at 25 hours per week, that would be 3250 hours; divide by 30 = 108 FTE weeks (equivalent of 2 years is 104 weeks).

Probably fine, hopefully it is a letter-sized pad (not a small one) : )

Wouldn't worry about the website. If your wife feels a LOE is necessary, she just writes it on plain paper and uploads it with the other employment records (you put them all into a single PDF, one PDF for each job).

Make sure her wages are mentioned in the Letter of Employment (experience letter).

Not required. But it doesn't hurt.

Reactions: Najeefking

Najeefking

Jan 22, 2016
To my understanding
1&2. experience letter would be OK if phone number is mentioned on letter pad so they may confirm it they want. If doctor has any stamp it would be great.
3. If she is receiving salary in cash so i think tax return document should be submitted.
4. offer letter means job offer in Canada and it means every thing should be included like contract term, salary, working hours and main duties.
Thanks for the reply.
3. Her salary was 6000rs as she working as part-time. Therefore there is no tax return filing done.
4. I think you have misunderstood, I am talking about current job offer letter which is provided by an Indian doctor. Not from Canada.

Najeefking

Jan 22, 2016
I have one more doubt regarding Fund.
I have infant child (just born baby 1 month ago).
Whether I have to consider family member as 3 and my fund amount CAD around 18825.
or still, I have to consider 2 family member i.e CAD15312.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have one more doubt regarding Fund.
I have infant child (just born baby 1 month ago).
Whether I have to consider family member as 3 and my fund amount CAD around 18825.
or still, I have to consider 2 family member i.e CAD15312.
Three people - 18825.