+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job offer is not applicable

paras_parmar

Mar 25, 2020
Hi,

I have created Express Entry profile. I have PGWP and currently working in NOC A category. When I created my EE profile, I answered Valid job offer section as Yes but as I checked my profile score after submitting the information, Valid Job offer is shown as Not applicable. I checked my score in CRS calculator where I am getting 451 points but in my profile I am getting 401. Please guide me on this.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have created Express Entry profile. I have PGWP and currently working in NOC A category. When I created my EE profile, I answered Valid job offer section as Yes but as I checked my profile score after submitting the information, Valid Job offer is shown as Not applicable. I checked my score in CRS calculator where I am getting 451 points but in my profile I am getting 401. Please guide me on this.

Thanks.
Your employer needs an LMIA for you to claim the 50 points for a job offer.

paras_parmar

Mar 25, 2020
Your employer needs an LMIA for you to claim the 50 points for a job offer.
Thanks for your reply.
But I have one more concern, then what is LMIA exempt job? If I don't get an LMIA, I cannot get these 50 points added in my profile? Does everyone require LMIA for NOC A, B, O jobs to get the valid job offer points added ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply.
But I have one more concern, then what is LMIA exempt job? If I don't get an LMIA, I cannot get these 50 points added in my profile? Does everyone require LMIA for NOC A, B, O jobs to get the valid job offer points added ?
You need an approved LMIA to get the 50 points since you are on an open work permit with no employer listed.

You would only qualify for the 50 points without an approved LMIA if you were on an employer specific LMIA exempt work permit such as an ICT.

paras_parmar

Mar 25, 2020
You need an approved LMIA to get the 50 points since you are on an open work permit with no employer listed.

You would only qualify for the 50 points without an approved LMIA if you were on an employer specific LMIA exempt work permit such as an ICT.
I really appreciate your prompt responses to my queries.

And how would I come to know if my employer is LMIA exempted? Is there anything my employer would know about it? Or should I check it online? Do you have any idea about it ?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

And how would I come to know if my employer is LMIA exempted? Is there anything my employer would know about it? Or should I check it online? Do you have any idea about it ?

Thanks in advance.
I think you are misunderstanding. The LMIA is mandatory for you to get the 50 points since you are on a PGWP.

You would need to be holding a closed work permit with your employer listed on it AND your job would need to be LMIA exempt in order for you to qualify for the 50 points without an approved LMIA.

There is no way for you to get the 50 points while you are on a PGWP unless your employer gets the approved LMIA.

If you want to try to switch to a closed work permit, you would need to find out if your job is LMIA exempt (not your employer). Most employers know nothing or very little about LMIAs. So assume this is research you will need to do yourself.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks in advance.
As scylla said, you are misunderstanding. An employer cannot be LMIA-exempt. The fact that you have an open work permit does not make your job LMIA-exempt. If you want the 50 points, your employer must have an LMIA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

gabab09

May 2, 2019

Thanks in advance.
Hi @paras_parmar , I also face the same issue where in I came from US to canada under ICT for the same company and position, but when I included that in my PR application as "Work Permit Required, No LMIA Required" then its not accepting my job offer where in I am losing my points from 461 to 411

Any thoughts here ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @paras_parmar , I also face the same issue where in I came from US to canada under ICT for the same company and position, but when I included that in my PR application as "Work Permit Required, No LMIA Required" then its not accepting my job offer where in I am losing my points from 461 to 411

Any thoughts here ?
Do you meet the requirements for LMIA exemption for Express Entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

gabab09

May 2, 2019
Yes @Naturgrl

1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work) - Yes I am working in Toronto from Dec 2019
  2. you have a valid job offer - Yes and my Work permit is valid until Oct 2022
  3. you have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under:
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement
    • the “Canadian interests” category - Yes (workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes @Naturgrl

1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work) - Yes I am working in Toronto from Dec 2019
    • the “Canadian interests” category - Yes (workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience)
Does your job letter state that you will have a job one year after receiving PR. Not your work permit, but job letter. Does your job letter prove the “Canadian interests” category as it states that in the link that LMIA exemption is of ““significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada.”

gabab09

May 2, 2019
Does your job letter state that you will have a job one year after receiving PR. Not your work permit, but job letter. Does your job letter prove the “Canadian interests” category as it states that in the link that LMIA exemption is of ““significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada.”
I can get all those updated from My HR into my offer letter and as per my attorney I got LIMA exemption through significant benefit mentioning specialized knowledge for my ICT , but during initial submission where can we upload all these to get my 50 points ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can get all those updated from My HR into my offer letter and as per my attorney I got LIMA exemption through significant benefit mentioning specialized knowledge for my ICT , but during initial submission where can we upload all these to get my 50 points ?
Talk to your attorney about how to get the 50 points uploaded. Usually you include your LMIA number to verify the points.

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
Did anyone figure out how to get the job offer 50 points for ICT ? I am completing 1 year in my LMIA exempt closed work permit next month Oct 2021. I got the 35 points for Canadian Work Experience already before completing 1 year, but the 50 points for Arranged Employment is still not added. Any thoughts?

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
Yes @Naturgrl

Did you receive the 50 points later ?