+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job Offer in Express Entry

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
Hi, While creating my Express Entry profile, I answered "Yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?". I understand that it isn't a regular job offer. I have received an ITA but haven't submitted my documents for permanent residence. I do see the option to change my answer to "No". Just wondering if it's okay to do that before submitting the final documents. Please help. Thank you so much.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
If your CRS score without job offer points fall below the CRS cutoff of your draw, you will probably be rejected if you submit your PR application.

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
If your CRS score without job offer points fall below the CRS cutoff of your draw, you will probably be rejected if you submit your PR application.
Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Nope, my CRS won't be affected by it. My concern was that in my Express Entry profile, I entered yes. After receiving the ITA, it is locked and no changes can be made there. I still however have the option to choose no in the work history form before submitting the documents for permanent residence. So I was worried if they would consider that misrepresentation or something.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Nope, my CRS won't be affected by it. My concern was that in my Express Entry profile, I entered yes. After receiving the ITA, it is locked and no changes can be made there. I still however have the option to choose no in the work history form before submitting the documents for permanent residence. So I was worried if they would consider that misrepresentation or something.
So even without the 50 points, you are still over the crs cutoff of your round of invitation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So even without the 50 points, you are still over the crs cutoff of your round of invitation?
I don't think OP was awarded the 50 points. I think OP simply wants to change the "yes" to a "no". There is no impact to CRS since the job offer points were never awarded.

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
So, from what I can see I didn't really get points for the valid job offer as further down I chose that I hadn't been working for the employer for 1 year and didn't have LMIA. So the only points I was getting was for my work experience and other factors. It was just that I had chosen yes in express entry. My score was still showing up in the 480s. I didn't get a boost in points by 50 at the time of receiving the invitation.

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
I don't think OP was awarded the 50 points. I think OP simply wants to change the "yes" to a "no". There is no impact to CRS since the job offer points were never awarded.
Exactly. I just didn’t want that to appear as misrepresented or misleading

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I submitted my work permit application in September 2022 but I haven't received a response till now. Since I have a LMIA and valid job offer my CRS score will be enough to get me an ITA if I register for express entry.
1.I would like to know if registering for express entry would affect my work permit application?
2. Do I need to notify my employer before using the job offer to apply for express entry?

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I submitted my work permit application in September 2022 but I haven't received a response till now. Since I have a LMIA and valid job offer my CRS score will be enough to get me an ITA if I register for express entry.
1.I would like to know if registering for express entry would affect my work permit application?
2. Do I need to notify my employer before using the job offer to apply for express entry?
@scylla I would be grateful for your input

Jane69

Jan 11, 2024
@garryd, i found myself in this same situation and not sure if to answer NO before submitting the application. What did you do? Have you heard back from IRCC? Your advice/response will be appreciated.

Last edited:

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
@garryd, i found myself in this same situation and not sure if to answer NO before submitting the application. What did you do? Have you heard back from IRCC? Your advice/response will be appreciated.
Hey! I chose NO before I submitted my application and it wasn't a big deal. My "Review of Eligibility" has been marked complete and I called them to see if it was okay. They said it was marked complete with PASS. So you can go ahead with it :) No big deal. Good luck!

Jane69

Jan 11, 2024
Hey! I chose NO before I submitted my application and it wasn't a big deal. My "Review of Eligibility" has been marked complete and I called them to see if it was okay. They said it was marked complete with PASS. So you can go ahead with it :) No big deal. Good luck!
Thank you so much garryd for your prompt response. Did you attach a LOE before submitting the application when you answered NO to the job offer?